All reviews mr subhash dosas excellent hospitality uma bamboo homestay houseboat host operative crew
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

So, so lovely and generous. Very helpful, went above and beyond for us helping plan our stay and take is places. We felt very welcomed. Extremely cheap too! Rooms were nice and clean, our belongings were safe while we were gone for a few days. Highly recommend!

Date of stay: October 2013
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank zoejayne89
Reviewed October 9, 2013

booked this property through tripadvisor and thanked them with all my heart. the family there took so good care of us and made out stay enjoyable. they arranged the boats for us at half the cost and the owned didn't hesitate to take us to the beach in his own car as their driver was on leave that day. my taxi drive, whom i had picked up from kochi airport kept on persuading us against going to that place and thank God we trusted tripadivsor over him. genuine people and genuine comforts.
highly recommended.

Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Happened to read the TripAdvisor reviews on this home stay and I must say that the hospitality was up to the notch. Though missed the dinner as the host Umajii was not feeling well, but happened to catch the Breakfast in the morning ( I must say nice Dosa). They also guided to a good houseboat (Gowri) and the staff aboard were very courteous and polite.

Room tip: Better to choose A/C as Bamboo rooms can be a bit stuffy for some.
Date of stay: October 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank ganesh S
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I'm so glad we ended up at Ashtamudi! We arrived by bus at 6am and they didn't hesitate to open up their doors and offer us coffee. The place is clean, comfy and has solid wi-fi. Over the course of our four day stay we felt completely at home. Uma arranged tours and massages for us and fed us delicious traditional breakfast. When a family emergency meant we had to leave abruptly she offered to help us arrange tickets back to the US and even accompanied us to the airport in Kochi to speed up our exit. Sometimes you feel like people are nice because they 'should' be but Uma, Subash and their team are just genuinely good people. We hope to visit them again someday.

Room tip: We stayed in an A/C room downstairs.
Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Never written a review but this homestay and the owners lovely couple really deserve it ;) !!!!! Words can't describe how much I adore this place and the people who make it so incredible!!!
They wer very kind, lovely and adorable to me !!always welcoming !! I should say i had ma best stay at Ashtamudi Homestay.... cant forget those wonderful dayz i had with them.... Umma aunty and Subash uncle was sooooo kind to me..really wonderful people. ....
The room was impeccably clean, spacious and lovely !!!The balcony is too beautiful offering the best sight one can get as you step out of the room !!! cool place to relax!!
And yeah gotta say Umma aunty who is a fabulous cook ;) I would love to say her food is amazing ... she made me delicious food...dont forget to ask for her special DOSA & yummy FRIED RICE :) & Subash uncle is a fantastic man he will take u to boating n all those stuffs he alwayz teases me around but in a way i enjoyed it ;) had lots of fun ... ever memorable
love you both sooo much :*
If you have a chance, this is a place you shouldn't miss in Alleppy , maybe in India.
Very strongly recommended for everyone.

Date of stay: August 2013