Ashtamudi Homestay
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Alappuzha
See available hotels
    Raiban Hotel(Alappuzha)
    Hotel AJ Park(Alappuzha)
    Great 4.5/5
    Average 3/5
    All reviewsmr subhashhome stayhomely atmospheredosasexcellent hospitalitycurryumabamboohomestayhouseboathostbangaloreoperativecrew
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed July 31, 2011

Ashtamudi is a very economical place without the pomp and show of star hotels but very nicely done to reflect a Kerala lifestyle - bamboo rooms with coir mat flooring. The rooms were clean (the entrance and the stairway looks a little cluttered though) and the hosts were very friendly and understanding people. They didn't have any issues with us checking in as early as 6.30 AM and also accomodated many of our plany changes. We only had breakfast here and if I want to be really critical, then I would say it was very avergae on taste. They also have their own houseboats which do day trips but we took the hourly ones. Subhash, the host dropped us to the houseboat pick-up point as well as to the bus stand because it was raining and there was no sight of an auto/taxi. I think that was really considerate and a warm gesture. Overall I would say that its a nice place to stay; very close to shopping, bus stands, travel agents, and anything you'd want on a holiday.

Room Tip: Bamboo rooms are good; ask for a big one. Small ones are a little claustrophobic
    • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
    Reviewed July 20, 2011

I am amazed by the service of Uma and Subash and his brother. I checked in at 4 AM ( train was late by an hour) and Subash was very prompt to receive us. And the next day, we decided to go on a houseboat and Subash was happy to help us. Though we disappointed him by not choosing his boat ( as no terrace was there though it was very neat and tidy), there wasn't any iota of unhappiness in his face. Thanks Subash for that. And I cannot stop thanking uma for all the delicious food and never saying no for my never ending requests for Kerala cuisine. To highlight, her aunt prepared pradhaman for us as uma doesn't know to prepare and the other day when uma prepared pathiri for us for the first time just because I wanted to taste it. It was a total delight staying in ashtamudi. Only blip during my stay was the sound of kids during my stay in bamboo rooms on the last night.. It will not be suitable to stay in bamboo rooms when kids are around :-)

• Stayed: July 2011
    Reviewed July 18, 2011

Me and friends went to Alleppey on June 2011 and stayed in Ashtamudi for a night.To put it simple, it was really a second home.We checked in at 12 in the night.Right from the time we checked in , Subash was very helpful.All the people in the hotel are amazing.Rooms are clean, neat and nice toilets.Next morning we ordered breakfast and stayed.they arranged a cab for us for sightseeing in Alleppey.had lunch there.Subash was very generous to drop us to the boat house we booked(We did not know Ashtamudi was offering boat house.We booked somewhere else)

Positive

Amazing people
    Nice surrounding
    Neat clean rooms
    We used internet without any charge :)

Negatives

We thought the lunch quantity was little less than expected.

If i get another chance to visit Alleppy , will definitely stay in Ashtamudi.

Will highly recommend for couples.Very safe and secure.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
    Reviewed July 15, 2011

Just today we have returned from Kerala after 7 days trip. The only thing which is unforgettable is the most courteous couple we have ever come across in our entire lives, Uma and Subhash.
    We will always remember the LEMON rice Uma cooked (quick google reference) for us. Food was amazing and custom made to suit our(Mumbai) taste.
    Subhash gave his own car to us with driving instructions for local sightseeing.
    Made all travel and stay arrangements for Thekkady, Munnar and Cochin.
    Uma thanks for your everyday phone calls to check our convinience and health.

ALL the BEST wishes for your LIFE and Career.

Regards,
    AJINKYA, JIGNESH and family

• Stayed: July 2011
    Reviewed July 11, 2011

I went to Allepey with my parents and stayed in Ashtamudi for 2 days. Shubash and Uma greeted us with a big smile and made us feel at home. I really appreciate their hospitality. They prepared mouth watering dishes and also cooked whatever we asked for! They arranged a beautiful house boat trip and it was one of the most wonderful experiences I've ever had in my life. I would highly recomment this place to anyone who wish to visit Allepey. This was my first experience at a homestay and they made it the best. We never felt out of place and it was surely a SWEET HOME away from home. Thank you Shubash and Uma.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family