“Delicious and cheap”

Thaff
Ranked #2 of 89 Restaurants in Alappuzha
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed October 6, 2012

A simple, non pretentious place, popular with locals and tourists alike. I ordered a Thali, and my friend ordered paneer masala. Both were excellent choices.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Very good food around the place but due to only one hotel around the place, its very busy in peak lunch times, very conjested and too crowdy. in this crowd they maintain very well. overall good.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

First of all there is no sense of seating.... You got to share a table when it gets crowded, something I personally don't enjoy.
We asked for a sweet corn chicken soup and at first they said they didn't have it so we then ordered for another kind. When the soup arrived it was something like your instant sweet corn vegetable soup with pieces of gravy chicken thrown in. (It was obviously chicken that was removed from some dish)
We then decided to order something traditional to kerala, however, nothing much was available apart from a boney fish curry with rice.
We then decided to go with a veg fried rice and a garlic chicken. The chicken felt like it was in a gravy of tomato sauce and the rice was insipid.
We have never eaten such disgusting food and would definitely never recommend anyone to this place again.
For locals its probably alright, but if you are a tourist used to eating decent food, I wouldn't recommend it.

1  Thank Backpackerosie
Reviewed August 14, 2012

The service was incredibly slow and it seemed that all of the locals were getting served much quicker than the tourists.
The food ranged from average to poor - my veg was a strange grey colour which suggests it had been sitting around a long time.
Twice I asked for a bottle of water and twice my request was ignored. However, I decided not to ask again as I clearly saw a waiter filling up a bottle of water using a funnel and a jug, which suggests he was using tap water but selling it as bottled water.
Don't bother going here, you'll be disappointed, or ill.

1  Thank amy-nich
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Exploring options to see what the local food was like. Pretty ordinary stuff .Rather enjoyed the food at the sisir hotel a 100 metres away .Liked the karimeeen here ,can get pretty crowded and sometimes need waiting to get in. If ur in a larger group chances are ur need to wait too long