Located close enough to the heart of Allepey city as to be easily accessible, but far enough from the main road as to seem set apart from the bustle of civilization, Venice Castle is a great getaway.
We were able to find our way there easily, and the two days we spent there were comfortable in all aspects. The rooms were pleasant, the food was made to our taste, their chai was out of this world, and the owner recommended perfect places to go for sightseeing and eating, after listening to what we were looking for.
They also have a small but lovely selection of books - English, Japanese, German and French - and we spent half a day just browsing and reading comfortably, lounging about on the upper floor.
The only points of concern are:
1. The AC in our room was a bit too cold, and the remote did not allow for it to be controlled properly.
2. They have an overly friendly dog which is quite likely to jump on you when he first sees you. If you don't like dogs, do ask the owner to tie him up before you get out of your vehicle.
Overall highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Venice castle is the home stay of your dreams It is ideally located in the very heart of the town. Yet, Venice castle is cut off from the din and bustle of the town by wooded surroundings that lends an ambiance of the country side. The home stay is set in large of lush green plants, landscaped premises and a well mowed lawn with garden lights.Peace and alms prevails over the place which is broken only with the chiming of soft bells from the nearby temple, the chirruping of birds or the playful whistling of the squirrels in the tree. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda and HostelWorld so you can book your Venice Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Venice Castle Kerala/Alappuzha, India