“Fantastic value and friendly family service”
Review of Venice Castle

and 1 more site!
Venice Castle
Ranked #2 of 210 Alappuzha B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

Our stay here was fantastic. As with many other reviews Matthew was able to help us organize a houseboat as well as a small boat ride (both were great). This is a quiet escape where you feel at home and can relax. Breakfast is included in the price and included local dishes as well as continental. We enjoyed our time here and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2012

Reviewed November 7, 2012

I had the most fantastic time here with this wonderful welcoming family. Everything was absolutely perfect, and they couldn't do enough ot make my stay as memorable as possible.

Will definately stay here again if I pass through Alleppey.

Thank you!!

Room Tip: sorry! no pool!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank mjgmjg27
Reviewed November 6, 2012

The house is very nice, clean and paceful. Rooms are big as well as bathrooms. The breakfast in the morning is included and is really fantastic. Mathew and the rest of the people are amazing, very helpful with everything you need, tea at any time, laundry... Just great. I would recommend it for sure.

Room Tip: Non AC rooms are good, they have a fan which is enough.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nuria G
Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

This was probably our most authentic homestay experience on our travels so far - you do meet the whole family. The design of the house with its 5 guest rooms at the front means that you don't feel in the way. Our room was great - really spacious with lots of light and immaculately clean. Matthew was also really helpful arranging a boat charter, giving restaurant recommendations and sending us off to the beach when we were a bit lost for what to do on the first evening. Really had a good couple of days in Alleppey as a result - thanks!

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank berty2001
Reviewed November 4, 2012

This was our everfirst homestay experience and I would say it turned out to be an excellent experience. The place was good, close to the city main market, yet away from the daily hustle and bustle of the city. We were a 8 people (2 daughters of mine, me, my husband, my parents and my in-laws) and we opted for 3 rooms. The rooms were done very nicely and the cleaning was supreb. It was just like any well maintained hotel. The hot water was available 24 hours, and each room had cable TV . Breakfast was delicious. The property (bungalow) is super with a well landscaped garden.The owner, Mr. Mathew is truly a superb host and looks after his guest as his own family. He is an extremely gentle person. After checking out the place, when we reached the station, we missed our train to Bangalore. We informed this to him, and he immediately suggested that we come back to a point, where he would arrange a transport to Bangalore. We reached to the place mentioned by him, and there he was waiting for us, and had arranged for a volvo for us to reach Bangalore. He waited with us for around 1.5 hours (frankly speaking even the relatives will not do that now a days!!) and only left the place when our bus moved. I have no hesitation in recommending his homestay and would love to go there again. Thanks Mr Mathew, for you warm welcome extended to us.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SanjaySaxena
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights from the 27th to the 30th of October 2012. The owner, Mr. Mathew is truly a superb host and looks after his guest as his own family. The rooms are well done up and clean. Breakfast is delicious. Cable TV & WiFi work really well. The property (bungalow) is super with a well landscaped garden.The location is great and close to the bus stand, boat jetty and the market. The hospitality extended by Mathew and his family is truly exceptional. Truly a great value home-stay. Would definitely come back again and recommend this home-stay to friends and family.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dspradhan
Reviewed October 24, 2012

To be honest, I wasn't planning to stay there. I've had a booking in Cherukara Nest, but after arriving to Cherukara I was told, that there have no room for me, so I had to look for something else. It was the rickshaw driver who offered me to take me to Venice Castle, advertising it as "the best place in Alleppey" and "number 1 on Tripadvisor", so at first it was hard to believe for me, but not having much choice I agreed to check this place and then I discovered it's truly fabulous!

Venice Castle is a really nice, Kerala-style beautiful villa hidden in a nice garden and run by wonderful Keralan family. Staying in a beautiful room with AC and wifi, drinking tea on a terrace, tasty breakfasts eaten with the family and meals cooked for my by one of the most wonderful Grandmas are truly memorable. It's also to arrange houseboats and canoe boats to explore the backwaters and the service is absolutely perfect and professional.

Highly recommend Venice Castle and can't imagine to stay anywhere else in Aleppey and the whole Kerala, because for sure - it's the best homestead I have ever been.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo