“An ample place to stay.”

Vrindavanam Heritage Home
Ranked #53 of 195 Alappuzha B&B and Inns
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“An ample place to stay.”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

As a frequent traveler to Kerala, i do visit this lovely place at least 2 times a year. They have improved a lot with a fantastic restaurant & a Perfect Coffee Shop & keep on improving year after year. I can see & feel the remarkable effort from the Owner & Staffs to make the place cool and pleasing.

Its a very friendly & warm stay each time i reach there, i strongly recommend people to try this place one time and you will get addicted to this place : )

Cheers guys for a wonderful stay & thank you.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Korean first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Cheap, clean, beautiful surrounding with warm and attentive hosts.
Stayed at the end of November and were recommended this place by an auto driver. We were slightly dubious as they work on commission but when we arrived we were so happy.
Cute room set in a floral courtyard, we loved it upon arriving. The hosts were busy renovating but it didn't disturb us that much. The chef was outstanding and made some of the best curries I had in India.
Bargain rooms at only 500 rupees a night or 1000 for AC - VERY cheap for Alleppy.
The hosts gave us good recommendations of things to do - I.e.. don't go for the extremely overpriced boat cruises, you can get a public ferry for 7 rupees each - I'm not joking, 7 rupees - that will take you all around the backwaters and back within 3 hours which leaves enough time to see other sights.
Mosquitos were a nightmare but that's not their fault. They did their utmost to alleviate the problem. At night they decorated the garden with fairy lights and played chilled out music.
Location in Zachariah Bazaar is great. Most travelers don't go our this way but its located in a mainly Muslim area with lots of small shops and only 5-10 mins walk from the beach.
Would definitely visit this place again.

Room Tip: Go for the fan rooms - they are perfect.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
London
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Stayed at Vrindavanam with a group of friends in Spring 2013 at my first visit of India. I remember this being a very peaceful retreat from busy streets of Allepey with very friendly staff who were always there to help with pretty much anything.

I think anyone who is not a hotel chain customer and looking to have a chillax or just needs a nice base while enjoying countless activities in the area should definitely check in.

Without doubt will be coming back again when visiting this part of the world next time. Thank you guys for incredibly warm welcoming experience!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I return to India on a regular basis and have done for the last few years. When I do go back I make it a point never to miss a trip to vrindavanam. The staff are always trying to improve their business and there is always a new surprise that has made the place even more addictive than before. I stress however that this is a relaxed and homely environment, everything may not be as slick as some travellers expect, but for me there is nowhere that makes me feel more welcome or comfortable in south India than vrindavanam and I strongly encourage people to give it a go and see for themselves.
Having read some of these reviews I also wanted to state how regularly I go back and how amazing the staff have always been to me, from keeping me and my mum company to helping with travel advice and finally for trusting me Enough when my card stopped working to let me have an extra few days to pay my bill and even buy me a drink when I was at my most stressed with my bank. I love this place and whatever experience a person has there, good or bad, I know the staff are trying their hardest to please.

Room Tip: I personally prefer the back garden rooms but it can get more lively there because the garden is a s...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I came to Allapy by myself and in the moment i got to Vridavanam i felt like home! The place has such a great atmosphere! The room is nice and cosy, the stuff are so friendly and fun people!! I will definitely go back there!!! I will never forget the Avocado shake- amazing drink:)

• Stayed December 2012
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Having stayed here on my first trip to India I found this the ideal location to acclimatise to the Indian way of life.
This really is a special place with a garden that needs to be seen to be believed (and enjoyed!) and has obviously had a lot of love put into it. Comfy seating in and out of the shade is provided as well as a great little tree house and covered terrace with fan to keep cool. The lighting at night adds to the relaxed and tranquil atmosphere that brings both travellers and locals together.
The food was fantastic, with every meal that I had there from breakfast through to dinner a tasty and flavoursome delight (see Avocado Restaurant).
But what absolutely makes this place superb are the people working there. The guys make every effort to ensure you have an enjoyable visit, not just at Vrindavanam but also in Allepey and the surrounding area and a couple of them would sometimes accompany us on visits and activities, which can put you at ease as a first time visitor. It was a pleasure just hanging out with them of an evening.

I would highly recommend this place, especially if it is your first time to India. No doubt having visited once, like me and my friends, you will be keen to return again and again. I plan to stay here again and use as a base to visit the rest of India.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Harmsey
Delhi
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Well ever since that auto ride from the bus station to vrundavanam, there has been no looking back for me ! I have travelled several times to kerala now and each time i have made it a point to go to vrunadavanam for its peaceful and friendly environment. This heritage home is a lovely place to spend some nights with its lush garden area and lil tree house. All the rooms are spacious and clean. You can go for walks down the road to the light house and the allepy beach, and even to the zachariya market for a delicious local meal and fresh fruits, if you are missing them ! Shafi bhai and his friends are the best hosts ive known...they work like a team and make sure you have nothing to worry about. They will help you organise everything in and around town. Allepy wouldnt be the same without Vrundavanam :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends