“Awesome place and the guys are Kool as !!”

Vrindavanam Heritage Home
Ranked #60 of 210 Alappuzha B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 6, 2012

We stayed in Vrindavanam for four nights and I would highly recommend this place to any fella Kiwis or Aussies visiting Kerala..the service is sweet as and what we loved the most is live music and evening jam sessions and it goes without saying delicious food..the rooms are epic probably built in the 18th century and there is a lovely garden too with heaps of birds..The guys are awesome especially Cheppys :))..I can't wait to go back to India again and if I go to Alleppey, Vrindavanam would be my first choice..I am sure all of you would agree once u check it out..cheers!!

Al
Christchurch

• Stayed: September 2011

Reviewed January 21, 2012

This is a brilliant guesthouse for all types of travellers and budgets. Tucked away, Vrindavanam has an enchanted, peaceful ambiance, with a beautiful garden, adorned with saris and fairy lights to take a breather in after a busy day meandering down the backwaters or having a massage!! The staff are friendly and quick to help you with any task, from getting a rickshaw to knowing the best places for authentic Keralan cuisine. My room was clean, with fresh sheets and a comfortable bed. I couldn't recommend these rooms more highly enough. I have stayed in many places throughout India, and this standard at these rates is truly a rare and wonderful delight.

Room Tip: Stay here!!!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jo E
Reviewed January 15, 2012

This place is a great place to stay if you are looking for value for money, good service and a warm and friendly atmosphere.

The rooms are comfortable and clean. There is a beautiful garden (with a tree house!) and restaurant which is a wonderful place to relax and get a bite to eat. The food is great and I like the fact there is an open kitchen where you can see the chef cooking your food.

Vrindavanam is also ideally located if you want to get to the amazing back waters or even the beach. It is only a short distance from the centre of town too.

The staff are very friendly and helpful and will always try and accommodate you wherever possible. They will even let you choose the music!

This place is excellent value for money, I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank wonderer1983
Reviewed January 10, 2012

I was lucky enough to stay at Vrindavanam Heritage Home in December 2011, as a friend had recommended this place to me. I soon discovered that there lies a beautiful hidden treasure amongst Alappuzha´s hustle & bustle. A perfect place to relax & unwind amid a charming little garden with fairy lights & even a little tree house you can sit in & still be served yummy food! I still keep in contact with the very friendly & helpful staff who became our friends. I thoroughly enjoyed my three day stay in this very peaceful place, the perfect place to regime some energy for my next crazy adventures in an unparalleled place we call incredible India.

1  Thank GoaheadBon
Reviewed January 10, 2012

Just want to say what a wonderful find Vrindavanam was for us when travelling through S.India. The folks there are nothing but helpful and accommodating....they even gave me a birthday cake on my birthday! Whilst a great base for the backwaters, it is also a fine midway between the town and the beach...should you want to leave the lovely atmosphere of the home itself. My thanks to all those looking after us there....I'll be sure to return the minute I get back to India!

1  Thank David B
Reviewed January 10, 2012

I planned to stay at Vrindavanam Heritage Home for one night or maybe two, but it was such a fanatastic place that I stayed for longer and also returned the following year. Although it is a good base to explore Alleppey there are a lot of other ways to spend your time at Vrindavanam. You can choose to take a house boat which is a fantastic experience or to stay at the Heritage Home and eat some good food and meet other travellers. The atmosphere is really relaxed and welcoming with a tropical style garden and decorative touches. I really felt that this was a special little piece of India and the staff were charming and had time to talk to the guests.

1  Thank Debbie C
Reviewed January 10, 2012

During my five months stay at India I visited Vrindavanam several times. It's such a loveley place to relax and regain some energy for the rest of your trip.
The staff overthere was very friendly and helpfull. Whether I wanted to book a houseboat, visit 'secret beach' or just wanted to know where I could have the best masala dosa in town, they would provide every information I needed.
I could really enjoy the evenings with the staff, locals and some other toursist, listening to music and also making music.
The rooms are basic but in good state and, very important, clean. The hotel itself is a beautful building and its location is very handy.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo