“" Great Resort on the backwaters of Aleppey "”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Alappuzha
Lake Haven Island Resorts
Ranked #82 of 161 Specialty Lodging in Alappuzha
Reviewed September 30, 2012

One of the most spectacular resort right in front of the beautiful backwaters of Aleppey. The very long water frontage makes the resort ideal among the
backwater resorts.We were taken to the resort by their own boat and the warm welcome from the traditional padipura was a memorable start for our precious moments in Lake Haven . We had booked the royal water villas and its exquisite enchanting view from the balcony - the naked sunset view , criss crossing of caoe boats, kettuvalloms, boathouses .......all really cherished our memories.More than the support and consideration of the staff under the guidance of Mr. Mathew is really appreciable.

Great Great !!!!!!! Keep it up.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Lake Haven Island Resorts

Reviewed August 9, 2012

It is a very good , calm and wonderful place to unwind all your tensions. Its location and view is unique comparing to the related hotels nearby, because I do visited all the hotels nearby. The resort is well maintained and kept clean always inspite of the big trees shedding their leaves always.The resort people are very good and helpful. I enjoyed my stay with all tasty Kerala cuisine in my tree top villa - a unique experience beyond imaginations.

Room Tip: Highly recommended
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Service is a core mandate for me and I think Lake haven island resort is the best example for it. For my husband and me it was just the perfect getaway from the tiresome and stressful city life.

Communication happened via e-mail and phone calls. The staff of the resort was constantly in touch even while we were traveling to find if we had reached the place or if we needed help in any way. (Follow up to the core)

The calm and pristine environment welcomes you with open hands as you set foot into this resort. The weather was not in our favor as it was raining but the warmth of the staff did work miracles. Our luggage was brought into our room, we were given a welcome drink and made to feel comfortable. The mini refrigerator was filled with bottles of water and aerated drinks to suffice us for three days.

The room was a royal water view and the early morning view was so amazing. We had the river flowing at just an arm's distance from the floor and the lush green paddy fields across the river with farmers shooing off the birds every now and then. We could also spot a lot of water birds and various small varieties of fish. The view was splendid.

My birthday was also made very special. I celebrated my birthday there. We had ordered for a cake and arranged for a candle light dinner. All was arranged so well. They also gave a beautiful gift with the name of the resort on it.

Food: - Oh my god!....it was actually out of the world experience for me. I had some basic idea about the food that you get in Kerala and hence I had a varied menu to request everyday. The best part was there was never a "NO" or "WE CANNOT GET IT". There were occasions where the resort manager traveled out to get what I wanted. Everything was so delicious and my husband relished a lot of items (I have never seen him eat so much anytime before).

Last but not the least, It will be bad if I do not mention a few names: Ratheesh (AM operations), Kiran, Bijo, Renjani and Mathew (the resort manager).

Thank you all for making our stay such a wonderful experience. We promise that we will be back to savor your services and the food ;-)

Love you all! God bless each one of you!

Room Tip: Royal water view
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ashrust
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Kerala is called God's own country, and probably among the entire districts of Kerala God loved Allapuzha the most. Allapuzha is made beautiful not only by nature but also by the people. I came to visit Allepey with my mother and father and stayed in this resort.........and it was really and unforgetable experience. I booked the resort online, and was scared whether it would come out to be good, whether the pics shown in the resort's website are true......but it was absolutely amazing. Thanks to the manager (Mr. Mathew) and to the entire staff of the resort for provding such homely environment. My parents found it like a home away from home, so peaceful so relaxing. The amazing surrounding, the clean rooms, tasty food, the houseboats moving right infront of the resort.......and above all the behavior of the staff, it was superb. Should exeperience this atleast once as it is really affordable........i look forward to visit again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank adrija_parasar
Reviewed July 11, 2012

If you like to spent your time out of busy city life this place is really good...

The view from the hotel room is really great experience.. when i was staying it was raining there the view of the birds and House boats is really great.

Apart from regular activities of sports, you can spent time in small pedal boats also.

Room Tip: when you are selecting the room go for Elegant Lake facing room otherwise you wont have the direct v...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I stayed two nights here with my family in Jan'12 and absolutely fell in love with the place.Superb location and friendly staff more than make up for the shortcomings of limited choice in the menu.Will never forget the evenings sitting in the lawn watching the birds,boats & houseboats passing by the river that flows by.Very active and friendly manager(owner?) who along with his wife looks after things personally.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2012

we spent 2 days here wid our kids and the place just blew our mind off...its got amazing scenery and the lake outside our cottage made the whole experience dreamy. the resort had somethin for everyone..kids njoyed the rides, hammocks and the paddle boat courtsey of the resort was the icing. it also had hens, pea hens, turkey n some exotic birds as well. the staff was prompt and the service fast. the downside was that it being near to water body, mosquitoes n insects made us cottage bound after the dark....also there being no intercom we had to either call teh staff on their mobile or walk down to the reception..

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family