“OK for splashing out. Location best however food towards average” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chakara Restaurant

Chakara Restaurant
Ranked #35 of 80 Restaurants in Alappuzha
Cuisines: Indian, Seafood, Asian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Guernsey, Channel Islands
“OK for splashing out. Location best however food towards average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

I wanted a night-off from standard Indian fare and restaurants and this delivered well. It feels sophisticated and presents well. Overall the food was good rather than memorable

Tokyo, Japan
“Table reserved for me was taken by others!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

I. LOCATION
Just in front of a beach, surrounded by trees, this roof top restaurant has a nice and deluxe ambiance.
II FOOD QUALITY.
Superb! Alleppy Fish Curry is "signature dish of the restaurant". Highly recommended. Dhal Butter fly(yellow split- peas curried with spices and butter)was delicious and not heavy. Dum Aloo Kashmiri(potatoes stuffed with spiced vegetables in cashew sauce)was a unique delicacy. Where on earth can you taste such a delicious main dish with a perfect ambiance together with a good beer for less than 10 $?(Maybe only in Viet Nam in my experience)
III SERVICE
This is where there is a problem. I liked this restaurant so much that I went there every night. The best table is at the corner,from where you can overlook the beach. On my 3rd night when I arrived, I saw a couple sitting at the table I had reserved the previous night. The waitor who took the reservation told me he realized that it had been reserved a few days in advance. I do not believe him ,because I had asked him twice that night.(Iif he was right,still it means lack of professionalism) It is possible that this waitor was offered a few Rupees by these clients.
Anyway this kind of problem should not happen in a well reputed restaurant like Chakara.
V final comment
This restaurant would deserve 5 points, if it were not for such a shameful incident. I hope management realizes that not everyone accepts such injustice, especially people coming from fully democratic countries!

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank globetrottingloner
London, United Kingdom
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2012

The menu at this little restaurant is quite average, as is the food. Staff are pleasant enough but the whole operation lacks any sophistication, charm or character whatsoever. Everything is just about adequate but certainly does not stand out in any way.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank Kia A
Edinburgh, UK
“Lovely restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2012

In raheem residency hotel, we ate here a lot. Lunches were good, if a little samey but dinners were excellent. Service at lunchtime could also be poor but we never had any problems in the evenings. We had curries, a lovely seafood platter but the highlight was the soups, which were always excellent.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
vienna
“what's all the (LP) fuss about?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2012

I went to the restaurant based on a Lonely Planet review, which said that it is the best place in town. The food I had was OK and there was nothing to complain about, but it was far from thrilling. I dined on the lawn in front of the hotel/restaurant. I should note that some of the Trip Advisor reviews mentioned rooftop dining. Nobody mentioned this possibility and it was not obvious that it was an option when I was there. I should point out that the LP review was from their 2009 South India guide.

• Visited January 2012