“Stunning serenity with fantastic staff”

Lemon Tree Vembanad Lake Resort
Ranked #5 of 66 Hotels in Alappuzha
Yorkshire
“Stunning serenity with fantastic staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2010

I stayed at the Lemontree Hotel back in January but have only recently returned to write my review. I absolutely loved this place & have to say that after extensive worldwide travel that this takes some beating. I was greeted at the hotel by Abhilash who manages front of house - a very efficient and friendly guy who can organise anything for you - even down to the loan of an internet key so that I could gain access in my room throughout my stay. I struggle to find the words to describe the view as you walk up the stairs towards your room and catch your first view of the lake - simply breathtaking. I was upgraded to a spacious suite complete with four poster, jacuzzi/steam bath and lake views to die for. I would strongly recommend the early alarm call for sunrise, you won't regret it and it's a memory that will stay with me for a very long time.

Whilst at Lemontree, you must track down Anthony Mariadas from the restaurant - amazing guy who has an instinctive skill in customer service. His warm and friendly nature go hand in hand with his ability to delight. Unprompted, he arranged for a surprise private dining table to be set up by the poolside and organised a full traditional keralan vegetarian menu - I was touched beyond words.

Macs and his team in the kitchen (including the lovely Tino) are second to none - his food is fantastic (try his aloo paratha for breakfast) I went out on the hotel's Floating Villa Houseboat and Macs was in early that day to make sure that all of the dishes were prepared so that I could taste some different dishes to the previous evening - incredible service and passion for food. He even emailed me the receipe for one of the dishes for me to try at home! The houseboat itself is lovely with the top deck jacuzzi being it's 'piece de resistance' Does life get any better than sailing along the backwaters in a jacuzzi on a luxury houseboat?!

The hotel is in one of the most tranquil and stunningly beautiful places that I have ever seen. It was fairly quiet when I stayed there which meant that I often felt like I had the whole place to myself. As a single traveller, I was not imtimidated at all - far from it actually and could have not have felt any more welcome by all of the team here. Lemontree truly is an absolute delight to rest, unwind and recharge for a few days and I will definately make sure that I go back there one day!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LisaBYorkshire

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
  • Greek first
Gurgaon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2010

Date: 31st March 2010
We booked this hotel for our one night stay in Allepey mainly based on its #1 rating on TripAdvisor. And special THANKS to Vikramjit Singh and Kiron Aiyankulam.

If I have to summarize in one word and describe it, it was " AWESOME!". This place was absolutely out of this world with an exceptional service, exceptional food, exceptional view and an amazing hospitality.
Traveling from the northern part of India, I was very much concern about food, specially vegetarian. I had two little ones 4 and 2 yrs. So it was challenging for me to pick a hotel.
The corporate manager in Delhi, Mr. Vikramjit Singh helped me to procure a good reservation well in time.
To being with as soon as you reach, all your stress around anything comes to an end. The team welcomes you with warm smiles and quickly takes care of you luggage, etc. Its a very smooth checkin and checkout procedure with everything almost ready for you to simply sign and take the keys.
You are welcome with drinks and snacks. The room service is absolutely awesome. Everybody seems to be on their toes throughout your stay to make your stay comfortable and pleasant.
Mr Kiron and his team has an exceptional understanding of the service culture and are willing to walk the extra mile almost everytime.
The view of the hotel is out of this world. Its a place that one can spend days and days together.
In nutshell, this place is a very good and a well maintained place with an exceptional level of service.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank JaggeryG
delhi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2010

a perfect place to relax with your loved one. the backwaterlake view is simply beautiful. the staff is very helpful and attend to your needs promptly at the same time u get total privacy if u need. keralite food was really tasty

• Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
mumbai
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2010

We stayed here for 2 nights - 3 days as part of our Kerala trip.
The hotel is definitely good to enjoy the back waters of kerala.
The food is more of traditional so do not try the non south indian dishes.
The hotel has a fantastic pool which has amazing views.
The location of the hotel is away from the crowded areas and it offers a very good relaxing experience.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2010

Great view and lovely pool area as everyone else has said. Food was also excellent and staff very friendly. We turned up for breakfast at 1130 and they cooked everything fresh for us and then we beat the waiters at pool. Great place to hang out and relax before going on a houseboat trip from Allepey which was definitely the highlight of our trip to Kerala. Spend an extra night here and a night less in Munnar would be my tip. I would also bring a bottle or two of duty free with you to Kerala as alcohol not really sold anywhere!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Hyderabad
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2010

We had checked reviews of many resorts in Alleppey & Kumarakom from Trip Advisor. Finally, Lemon Tree Vembanad beckoned.

Since it was located away from the Allepey town, we had a little difficulty locating it. When we walked in, we were still skeptical as to whether it was the right decision or not. But the sight of the pool seamlessly stretching to the Vembanad lake removed all our doubts. It was so breathtakingly beautiful - that we were more than overjoyed to be there.

On our arrival, they upgraded us to a deluxe room (on the 1st floor) which was very comfortable, spacious and clean. We had our 3 year old daughter with us & she had enough space to run across the room. There was also a Jacuzzi in the bathroom. From all 3 sides of the room, we could view the lake which was a great feeling in itself. It was sometimes unbelievable- that we were staying just 5 feet away from the lake.

The picturesque location & the cool wind of the Vembanad lake just soothed the jangled mass of nerves that we all become in the midst of our daily grind. We sat for hours after dinner, looking at the unending lake, feeling the wind on our face, hearing the rush of waters and spending quality time with family. The hotel staff were very courteous but I felt the food was not too great for the cost (at least by Indian standards)except for one curry which we ordered & finger licked. The room service was good & the massage was also good. The staff even provided us fishing rods to do fishing which my daughter thoroughly enjoyed (It even reminded me of my childhood days).

Only downside was that there not much space for kids to run around & play and there were also no play items. Also the internet connection was unreliable- very slow or getting disconnected.

Overall it was a fantastic & memorable stay. Three days later we returned home from God’s Own country with some beautiful snaps on the cam to cherish the memories with.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank SherleyVivek
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2010

The place was simply awesome. Smack in the middle of nowhere, with nothing else to do but sleep, relax, enjoy the view, and EAT!!! My goodness, the food was wonderful. Everything was just amazing, the staff, service, quality of the bed, poolside, everything. Avoid the temptation to go to the nearby ocean beach, it is disgusting. The lakefront at the hotel is on the other hand splendid! Stay here two or three nights, get pampered, get a massage, and relax. My only critique is in the reservation service. Avoid dealing with HQ, the lady with whom I spoke at the beginning had a bad attitude. Instead, deal directly with Mr. Abhilash, the resident manager. He is a gentleman, and will make sure to arrange everything in terms of transport, special requests, etc. Otherwise, enjoy!!!!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ittlepleasures
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alappuzha
Kondai Lip Backwater Heritage Resort
#17 of 66 in Alappuzha
Aveda Kumarakom
Aveda Kumarakom
#1 of 26 in Kumarakom

Been to Lemon Tree Vembanad Lake Resort? Share your experiences!