I stayed at the Lemontree Hotel back in January but have only recently returned to write my review. I absolutely loved this place & have to say that after extensive worldwide travel that this takes some beating. I was greeted at the hotel by Abhilash who manages front of house - a very efficient and friendly guy who can organise anything for you - even down to the loan of an internet key so that I could gain access in my room throughout my stay. I struggle to find the words to describe the view as you walk up the stairs towards your room and catch your first view of the lake - simply breathtaking. I was upgraded to a spacious suite complete with four poster, jacuzzi/steam bath and lake views to die for. I would strongly recommend the early alarm call for sunrise, you won't regret it and it's a memory that will stay with me for a very long time.
Whilst at Lemontree, you must track down Anthony Mariadas from the restaurant - amazing guy who has an instinctive skill in customer service. His warm and friendly nature go hand in hand with his ability to delight. Unprompted, he arranged for a surprise private dining table to be set up by the poolside and organised a full traditional keralan vegetarian menu - I was touched beyond words.
Macs and his team in the kitchen (including the lovely Tino) are second to none - his food is fantastic (try his aloo paratha for breakfast) I went out on the hotel's Floating Villa Houseboat and Macs was in early that day to make sure that all of the dishes were prepared so that I could taste some different dishes to the previous evening - incredible service and passion for food. He even emailed me the receipe for one of the dishes for me to try at home! The houseboat itself is lovely with the top deck jacuzzi being it's 'piece de resistance' Does life get any better than sailing along the backwaters in a jacuzzi on a luxury houseboat?!
The hotel is in one of the most tranquil and stunningly beautiful places that I have ever seen. It was fairly quiet when I stayed there which meant that I often felt like I had the whole place to myself. As a single traveller, I was not imtimidated at all - far from it actually and could have not have felt any more welcome by all of the team here. Lemontree truly is an absolute delight to rest, unwind and recharge for a few days and I will definately make sure that I go back there one day!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Lemon Tree Vembanad Lake Resort, West of Kumarakom. Unwind at our upscale, full service moderately priced resort. Rediscover yourself at this visually stunning resort situated on the Western shore of Kumarakom, at the very edge of Vembanad Lake with a magnificent view of the calm backwaters. Located in Kayippuram, Alleppey, the resort is easily accessible from both Cochin and Kumarakom. Rejuvenate your spirit with spectacular close-up views of the lake from every room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Expedia, Agoda, HostelWorld, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lemon Tree Vembanad Lake Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lemon Tree Vembanad Lake Resort, Muhamma Hotel Alappuzha
- Lemon Tree Vembanad Lake Resort Kerala/Alappuzha, India