“Nice Place, Good view, but food quality needs improvement”

Lemon Tree Vembanad Lake Resort
Ranked #7 of 68 Hotels in Alappuzha
Reviewed July 16, 2014

I stayed with my family for a day on 4th July 2014. The room and the facility is very well maintained. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The view is splendid, worth the money. However, the most disappointing thing was food. Biriyani ordered at night had smelling (old) chicken and in the morning the buffet breakfast too was not up to the mark. Limited choice with lack of taste and to our bad luck, the coffee machine served cuddled milk. All in all, it was a good stay and my kids enjoyed thoroughly the scenic view from the swimming pool.

Room Tip: Lake View rooms are the best.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Lemon Tree Vembanad Lake Resort

Reviewed July 16, 2014

Excellent hotel for staying ... .The property is looking bit old but inside Rooms are so spacious , luxurious and overlooking the backwaters ....Swimming pool is nice and well maintained...Hotel restaurant is a nice experience with good staff... All the staffs are very good ...

And I would like to thank every staffs for making my wife's birthday an unforgettable event ...

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Good:
*By the lake, the sunset is perfect.
*Hotel can arrange for motorized shikara boat rides from a private jettty
*Swimming pool was well maintained.
*Front desk staff very warm and prompt.
*All the staff very courteous.

Not so good:
*The first running water from shower was a bit discolored.
*The restaurant is short of staff at night. Time taken to serve dinner is very long.

Very notable:
*Hotel employes people with disabilities.

Room Tip: Get a pool deck room with lake view.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 5 nights at a resort located near a lake which gives v calm n romantic experience... A beautiful thing which I would like to share s, I saw few physically disabled ppl who wr given chance to work which s highly appreciative. But while talking about the restaurant price it's expensive with limited varieties.sign boards r literally annoying n car parking s also worst. On the whole I rate them 7 out of10

Stayed: June 2014
TheLemonTreeHotels, General Manager at Lemon Tree Vembanad Lake Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your visit to Lemon Tree Vembanad Lake Resort, Muhamma-West of Kumarakom, Kerala. We are happy to know you had a comfortable and refreshing stay in our serene picturesque resort.

I also thank you for appreciating our initiative to employee people with disabilities. As an equal opportunity employer, Lemon Tree Hotels has been hiring People With Disabilities (100% speech and hearing impaired people - mostly from BPL communities) since 2007. Currently, ~ 10% of group employees (~ 130 people) are from this segment of the population.

We have noted your comments regarding the food pricing and assure you that we have been careful to benchmark competitors in our segment in order to set a very competitive price for food. We do hope you do find Lemon Tree to be value-for-money on your next visit.

Please give us an opportunity to make amends. Should you accede to my request, please email me at gm.vlr@lemontreehotels.com and I will be happy to handle the arrangements personally.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

I stayed in this hotel during my Kerala trip on last week . This is a one of the beautiful property i stayed in Kerala. My room were very spacious and overlooking the backwaters. The swimming pool is very nice. The service was good and staff are helpful and friendly especially the management team. The property is bit old but they were taking very good care to maintain.

The room as well as bath room is cleaned well and there were direct entrance to pool. The pool was close to lake and it look amazing. There were fishing point near lake can’t believe that I got two fishes.

waiting go back again.Thank u All

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 19, 2014

I stayed here for three days in june. Except for the location, there is nothing special that this hotel has to offer. They could not arrange for an airport pick-up and suggested we take an airport pre-paid taxi. There is no bar facility as they do not have licence for it (may be due to the proximity from the backwaters).
The staff is excellent and always serve with a smile, but the hotel infrastructure is not worth it. I have stayed at the best of budget and luxury hotels around the world, but comparing the basic facilities at this hotel, it scores a 3 out of 10.
There is constant power cuts which last for a little more than 1 minute but the frequency is like 6 times in a day.
The food is not great except for the vada and sambar served during breakfast and there is not much option for vegetarians who want to indulge in some oriental or western food. The WOW factor is missing from this hotel in many ways. Even the houseboat of the hotel is not functional due to a breakdown.
With availability of wonderful economical ayurvedic products in India, I fail to understand why this property is using conditioners and shampoo made in China !!.
If you are at this hotel, do visit the pathiramanal island. This island is a must visit using a shikara (local boat).

Room Tip: A backwater facing room at the 1st floor is recommended as it has a wonderful view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
TheLemonTreeHotels, General Manager at Lemon Tree Vembanad Lake Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback.

I however, apologize for not meeting some of your expectations during your stay.

We outsource our car rental and guest pick up services to a reputed local vendor. At the time that you made your request, they were not able to provide a vehicle immediately. We regret the inconvenience that this would have caused you and have taken up the matter very strongly with the agency to ensure that such incidences will not be repeated.

Due to un-scheduled work being done by the local authorities the hotel was unfortunately subject to power cuts during your visit. While our hotel is equipped with generators which provide a 100% back up, there typically is a 30 second lag between the power failing and the generators operating. I apologize for any discomfort that this may have caused you and your family.

We have also noted your suggestion about using ayurvedic products at the resort. Your perceptive inputs will only help us improve from here. We assure you of a better experience when you visit us next.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

I am globe trotter and this was my first trip In India and honestly I was a little apprehensive in accepting the fact that an Indian four star hotel / resort will meet the international standard of the same rating and it turned out to be true.

Following are my observations :-

1) Overall a very good resort.
2) Very friendly staff.
3) Very good location.
4) Good for families.

5) Washrooms- Very smelly and dirty, we had to ask for room freshener for the washroom and had to clean tiles with water as it had stains.
6) Housekeeping:- Lousy, lousy, lousy lousy... room's floor was full of dust, area under the bed was full of dust (it was like as if no one has cleaned that area for ages). My wife had to pick up a cloth to do the dusting of the entire room as house keeping staff was not interested in cleaning the place.

7)They have hired staff from deaf and dumb society which is a good thing. However, one of the housekeeping staff (thin and tall fellow with moustaches) was found to be reading news paper standing next to his trolley for hours. I found him to be watching television in the room while fixing the bed (not in our room of course)... this resort needs good supervision.
8) Food is extremely expensive and I found quality to be very average and in some cases sub standard. For example, I had ordered a burger for my son (for 400 rupees) firstly I was shocked to see the size of it and then when he tried it, he didn't like it wee bit as it had a very hard deep fried chicken patty in it and a leaf of cauliflower, that's all....
9) Please be prepared to wait for atleast 45 minutes to an hour for your food to come to your table... I didn't understand why it took them so long to prepare the food as occupancy was very low..

It will be much appreciated if someone can revamp the menu and have a reasonable priced menu than the current one then I believe it can done wonders.

Furthermore, someone needs to look at the hygiene, cleanliness and housekeeping aspect to make it a true international level 4 star property...

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank sanjeev2035
TheLemonTreeHotels, General Manager at Lemon Tree Vembanad Lake Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to know your stay was pleasant fun and fresh.
We are deeply sorry as we could not meet a few of your expectations during your stay with us. With regards to the cleanliness in our hotel which did not meet your expectations. We have noted your observations and have re-briefed our Housekeeping staff to follow pre-defined procedures at all times and ensure hygiene and cleanliness in accordance to the Lemon Tree standards. We assure you these are not Lemon Tree standards.

We are sorry you did not find the food to your liking. We continuously upgrade and refresh our menus and buffet offering at our restaurants to try and ensure that customers enjoy their experience. We also apologize sorry for the delay in the delivery of the food you ordered, we have re-briefed our staff to be proactive in serving the guest and assure that no such delay should happen in future. We assure you of a better experience in your next visit.