We came to Kerala for relaxation and that's what this hotel delivered--in spades. Entering through the gate, garden, lobby, and then the infinity pool that segues into the lake we were swept into another dimension. We found tranquility everywhere including watching boats ply the lake.
We found a very warm and helpful staff, the best staff of all the four- and five-star hotels of our previous two weeks in India. What was hard to believe was that tipping was absolutely forbidden. This shot down my pet theory that tips are necessary for good service!
There were free bikes to take on paths to little canals and fishing villages, all unspoiled by tourism. BTW it's possible to take a bike a couple of kilometers to a beer shop in a local bazaar. Just drink your beer unostentatiously and there's no problem.
We really enjoyed the food, with the breakfast spread being especially impressive. I got a reviving ayurvedic massage at a very reasonable price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Lemon Tree Vembanad Lake Resort, West of Kumarakom. Unwind at our upscale, full service moderately priced resort. Rediscover yourself at this visually stunning resort situated on the Western shore of Kumarakom, at the very edge of Vembanad Lake with a magnificent view of the calm backwaters. Located in Kayippuram, Alleppey, the resort is easily accessible from both Cochin and Kumarakom. Rejuvenate your spirit with spectacular close-up views of the lake from every room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Priceline, HostelWorld, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lemon Tree Vembanad Lake Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lemon Tree Vembanad Lake Resort, Muhamma Hotel Alappuzha
- Lemon Tree Vembanad Lake Resort Kerala/Alappuzha, India