I was familiar with good service levels of lemontree from my marriage reception ceremony last year in e-city bangalore and when we thought of Kerala on our first anniversary, we again found a lemontree at a location that is propably the most popular tourist destination of Kerala - the magnificent Vembanad Lake. We made our booking about a month in advance and got a good deal for the season. Reached Cochi on the scheduled date and decided to take a public transport bus to alleppey to be able to see the inner towns, people and the real day to day life enroute. While it was indeed a brilliant idea, we started getting bit worried when it was quite dark already and we had just made it to the alleppey town bus station. I made a call to the hotel and all the worry just vanished with a very reassuring and courteous voice from the LT hotel desk, that also guided a tuk-tuk with the directions to reach hotel for us. Reached hotel in about 20 mins from the bus station and was welcomed by Vinu in front desk who had helped us reach the place. It felt like he was waiting for us to arrive. He went on to complete the check-in and advised us on the things we should do during our stay. Room was a lakefront superior - quite good for the price. Took a much needed jet shower and entered Citrus - the restaurant/ cafe and were welcomed by the one and only Antony - who can almost scan your mind to help you order the right sruff to match your taste. Being a bengali, food was a key criteria for me to rate the service/ quality and I would give the restaurant staff and menu a full 10 on 10. Antony just told us leave it to him if we were not very particular on something and just asked if we preferred fish or meat and what we got was really amazing. It was the alleppey fish curry, sear fish fry, kerala parota and steamed rice. It was the best that I could expect. Their complementary breakfast offers wide variety from the american pan cakes/ breads and sausages, to continental and asian and even the very desi chola batura or live dosa and egg to taste counters. The view from the hotel room was spectacular with those houseboats passing by. Day 3, we also experienced the in-house ayurved massage spa that really rejuvinated us for the journey ahead. My wife and I truly had a memorable time at LT for our 3 days and 2 nights stay. Thanks to a courteous and active staff and a lovely location - it was perfect!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Lemon Tree Vembanad Lake Resort, West of Kumarakom. Unwind at our upscale, full service moderately priced resort. Rediscover yourself at this visually stunning resort situated on the Western shore of Kumarakom, at the very edge of Vembanad Lake with a magnificent view of the calm backwaters. Located in Kayippuram, Alleppey, the resort is easily accessible from both Cochin and Kumarakom. Rejuvenate your spirit with spectacular close-up views of the lake from every room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Lemon Tree Vembanad Lake Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lemon Tree Vembanad Lake Resort, Muhamma Hotel Alappuzha
- Lemon Tree Vembanad Lake Resort Kerala/Alappuzha, India