My wife and I stayed two nights at Punnamada Resort recently during our one-week vacation in Kerala. This resort is an oasis on the water, a peaceful setting away from the hectic main roads of Aleppey, with lots of greenery and birds.
The service is great. We needed an adapter for our laptop computers, and one of the staff was very helpful to loan me such an adapter during my stay. He also provided me with the wi-fi password.
We were quite pleased to see bicycles available for the guests to use. We rode twice through the adjacent neighborhoods and enjoyed seeing locals in their daily lives and friendly children waving at us. If biking isn't your thing, there's also a pool table and ping pong.
Also, we booked a trip for several hours on one of the resort's houseboats and we loved seeing the backwaters. The crew was very friendly during the ride and the lunch feast was delicious. For resort guests wanting to do a houseboat tour, I definitely recommend the convenience of boarding a Punnamada houseboat instead of going into town and dealing with the more chaotic atmosphere of the jetty. I also recommend the free sunset cruise from 5pm - 6pm which departs from the resort.
Our only real complaints are that the wi-fi was unreliable from my cabin - I was in one of the cabins facing the swimming pool - and the breakfast buffet could use some improvement in the variety of foods offered. We found that the food we ordered from the a la carte menu at dinnertime was quite good, though.
Next time we return to Alleppey we will stay at Punnamada Resort for at least two or three days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Punnamada Resorts is nestled on the serene banks of Vembanad Lake and gives a world of heritage and luxury. The divine ambiance and the hospitality lead to a total relaxation of mind, body and soul and it highlighted the rich heritage and the essence of Kerala in its true form with a focus on the eco system and being an environment friendly resort by taking initiative in various fronts. The green leaf certified Ayurveda centre at Punnamada puts a new life into yourself and to regain vigor and vitality and lead a stress-free life. The essence of Kerala and its magical backwaters can be experienced aboard Punnamada’s exclusive 'Kettuvallam' (houseboats) by the resort, the houseboats of Punnamada equipped with the best of luxuries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Punnamada Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Punnamada Hotel Alappuzha
- Punnamada Backwaters Hotel
- Punnamada Resort Kerala/Alappuzha, India