Now after this 7 day God’s country visit is over ( via a fantastic budget tour from Antilog Vacations) some memories remain in head & Punnamada finds a special place among them.
Truly beautiful , the Punnamada sits boastfully on the peaceful banks of the Vembanad Lake.
The Punnamada Resort is about 4km from the Alleppey Town. It is 8 km from Alleppey Railway Station while Kochi Airport is about 90 km away.
It offers villas with traditional Kerala’s architecture. It also features an outdoor pool and an ayurvedic centre. It also features garden views and terra-cotta flooring in each villa. Each villa has a flat-screen TV and a safety deposit box. Tea and coffee making facilities and a minibar are also provided. Their open-air bathroom also offers a hot shower.
The first thing guests feel as they enter the rooms is a touch of luxury, mixed with antique beauty. And the best thing about the rooms is that the bathrooms are very large, airy and open-roofed with pebbled flooring and greenery all around that takes you back to nature.
In the Punnamada resort you will certainly enjoy some traditional south Indian cuisine in the Punnamada Restaurant for sure. They offer you a huge variety of traditional Kerala Dishes, both vegetarian as well as non-vegetarian served at your palate, like the very famous Karimeen fry which is a very sought after and tasty delicacy of the region. This pearl spotted, marinated and deeply fried fish item is something you can’t ever miss. They will also serve you with other options like Avial, Thoran, mezukkuvarati, kootu curry to mention for the vegetarians. The choola restaurant serves local specialities and a good selection of international wines.
Offering both indoor and outdoor seating, it features very beautiful views of the Vembanad Lake. Guests can here enjoy the game room, which includes billiards and table tennis facilities. This resort also has a 24hour front desk and a business center. Free parking is available here
Ravi Krishan (our tour agent’s driver + Guide)was a help through out & I have promised him to be back next year for sure
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Punnamada Resorts is nestled on the serene banks of Vembanad Lake and gives a world of heritage and luxury. The divine ambiance and the hospitality lead to a total relaxation of mind, body and soul and it highlighted the rich heritage and the essence of Kerala in its true form with a focus on the eco system and being an environment friendly resort by taking initiative in various fronts. The green leaf certified Ayurveda centre at Punnamada puts a new life into yourself and to regain vigor and vitality and lead a stress-free life. The essence of Kerala and its magical backwaters can be experienced aboard Punnamada’s exclusive 'Kettuvallam' (houseboats) by the resort, the houseboats of Punnamada equipped with the best of luxuries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Punnamada Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Punnamada Hotel Alappuzha
- Punnamada Backwaters Hotel
- Punnamada Resort Kerala/Alappuzha, India