We visited the punnamada resort in end of may ,the weather in Alleppey at the time is hot and muggy. My group had 2couples with 3 children and one senior citizen.
The resort is located right at the lake and commands excellent views .we took the garden villa rooms which didn't have a view but were large and charming built in typical keralite architecture .lots of wood and attention to detail ,it had an open plan bathroom which was very interesting and first time experience. They have a lot of indoor activities - billiard ,pool table , chess ,table tennis ,carom ,and others
Outdoor activities were badminton ,volleyball ,trampoline for kids ,cycling ,fishing ,paddle boat .they have a canoe for which a staff will take u out on the lake which was very nice .
The kids were thoroughly enjoying themselves and there was a lot to keep them occupied.
The swimming pool is in poor condition ,the mosaic tiles are getting loose and they hurt one of our group members,others have also reviewed against this ,but it seems the hotel is negligent here.
Breakfast was very good .we had a meal here but it can be expensive ,and u don't have any other options close by .And getting out for meals at night is a hassle .
The staff is attentive and took good care of us.
Overall the layout is very nice and it has a heritage feel . The staff is attentive and took good care of us.the meals are decent.the kids had a very good time and u can safely let them run around.
Its the kind of place where pleasent memories are made.
I Would definitely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Punnamada Resorts is nestled on the serene banks of Vembanad Lake and gives a world of heritage and luxury. The divine ambiance and the hospitality lead to a total relaxation of mind, body and soul and it highlighted the rich heritage and the essence of Kerala in its true form with a focus on the eco system and being an environment friendly resort by taking initiative in various fronts. The green leaf certified Ayurveda centre at Punnamada puts a new life into yourself and to regain vigor and vitality and lead a stress-free life. The essence of Kerala and its magical backwaters can be experienced aboard Punnamada’s exclusive 'Kettuvallam' (houseboats) by the resort, the houseboats of Punnamada equipped with the best of luxuries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Punnamada Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Punnamada Hotel Alappuzha
- Punnamada Backwaters Hotel
- Punnamada Resort Kerala/Alappuzha, India