“S.Sudhakar,New York.The boys”
Review of Gowri Residence

Gowri Residence
Ranked #133 of 210 Alappuzha B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I stayed at gowri for a week .Very comfortable for the family.The location is very good.Good restuarant and food.The service is perfect.The staff very friendly,and they are vey eager to do any help for us.When ever I visit Alapuzha, I like to stay at GOWRI The boys Afsal and Sumesh
were very helpful.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed March 3, 2013

I stayed one night at Gowri on a stopover from Kollam on my way to Kochi. I had actually planned to spend two nights in Alleppey, but when I saw the condition of my room, I couldn't deal.

One of the young men met me at the boats, which was nice as my boat came in past dark. But the first room they gave me smelled of dirty socks and cigarettes. The floor and walls were visibly dirty, and the curtains were smeared in black. I asked for another room and, while it smelled slightly fresher and the curtains were cleaner, the level of cleanliness wasn't that stellar and none of the plug ins worked. Their wifi is very slow and not available in the rooms. They weren't serving meals because their cook was gone, but I wouldn't have felt comfortable eating there anyway.

The staff is friendly but the rooms need improvement. I'd go elsewhere next time.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 28, 2013

great place to stay. Very good location in the center of Alleppey. The staff is very friendly and taking care of guests any time. The only "con" is they do not serve lunch or dinner anymore. Only breakfast (very tastefull by the way). The courtyard and common areas are very cozy. And beds and pillows are really comfortable !!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 26, 2013

This place was recommended in the Lonely planet and it was fine. Our little hut room had AC, no hot water (it probably didn't say it did, I forgot to check, so I can't really complain about this) and it was set back k enough from the pretty main road we are in for it to be quiet, and I am a stickler for quiet rooms so this is saying something. It was very cheap and as such there were the expected things like it wasn't the cleanest room - mozzy streaks on the wall, electrical sockets hanging by wires, etc, but we got what we paid for. Would recommend ish.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Stayed just one night in December 2012. We got an AC room for 1200 Rupees and were happy with that (there was obviously no tariff, so do negotiate on the room price if you're not happy with it). Our room had two beds put together with a mosquito net over, giving us a good nights sleep. The room was fairly clean and there were linen, towels and toiletpaper. About what I expected we'd get for 1200 Rupees. Location is okay, and the food in the restaurant was tasty. Free wifi in the restaurant!
The staff were friendly and very eager to sell us a trip on their houseboat. But when we kindly rejected their offer and decided to check out after one night they didn't seem very pleased with us and gave us a cold shoulder for a good bye, if any good bye at all.
Good for budget accomodation, but lacking a bit in service, in my opinion.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We are a group of family stayed here in off season.The rooms are very clean with mosquito net.There is a nice garden and a restaurant.The staff are kind and helpful.We also booked house boat with them.That trip is memmorable trip.Thanks for all in Gowri residence.And i recommend this place for all.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank keratheeram
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Wonderful place to stay if you are looking for an non expensive accommodation. Friendly atmosphere and well kept, spacious rooms inside a tropical garden + a very nice restaurant too :) I recommend this place to all of you.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends