“Gnd Floor Restaurant Disgusting!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Yihe Hotel

Yihe Hotel
Ranked #24 of 323 Hotels in Yiwu
Seymour, Victoria, Australia
“Gnd Floor Restaurant Disgusting!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

The food here was horrible. Tried eating here twice and never again! The steak arrived stone cold and when sent back, came back still cold! Second time, ordered Malaysian Satay - guess what, they also arrived stone cold! The chef here doesn't seem to understand that everything on the plate needs to be hot at the same time!!!
Also when we ordered drinks in the lobby seating area, hot water and a tea cost almost $10!
My suggestion? Don't bother here.

Room Tip: Way better places to eat!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Lindy L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Korean first
Brisbane, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

We booked this hotel as it had Starbucks nearby. In the booking we specifically stated we needed a non smoking room. On booking in again we stated we had to have a non smoking room. We were booked for a nine day stay in an executive suite, not a cheap room.

The room was rather old and tired looking but we felt it would suit our purposes. However, the air conditioner thermostat was turned off as the hotel deciding it was winter so air conditioning is to needed. The bed is like a rock, the smoking smell circulating through was disgusting and as an asthmatic this meant a sleepless night.

In the morning ringing down to advise we were checking out we were asked why didn't we state we must have a non smoking room when we checked in???

The breakfast room has a large no smoking sign right at the entry, however the staff hand out ashtrays to anyone who asks. NO SMOKING should mean NO SMOKING!

We will not be staying here ever again the room was hot and stuffy, the decor old, the cigarette stench revolting.

The only factor in this hotels favor is Starbucks being right next door.

Room Tip: Go to Starbucks the coffee is always great, then go to a decent hotel.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank KajiraBailey
Newyork
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

I liked very much. I loved the room and there is Starbucks ....I love the breakfast very much. I will go back again......this is great place really nice....I staed 2 weeks. Love the view and it's close to every thing

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Gold Coast
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

I have stayed at the Yihe on 8 of my 10 visits to Yiwu. The first hotel I stayed at was nice but I was moved to the Yihe by my agent. I was very happy with the change. Then when I changed agents I stayed at another hotel which was nice but I have gone back to the Yihe again. The staff are wonderful. The food is fantastic with a huge variety. The rooms are very clean and the room service is wonderful. Everything is not a problem and they have a bus that takes you to and from the markets which is great as it is hard to get a taxi at the end of the day. I am very fussy and cannot understand the few people that have placed negetive comments on this site as they are very misleading. The kingdom is a lovely hotel but for the price I did not find the service any better than the Yihe. I am looking forward to catching up with the staff and enjoying my next stay in November. Well done on a well run hotel

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank donnajbees
Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

From the moment I pulled into the parking lot, there was a staff member to help me. Walking through the doors, there is someone to help. Staff very available and helpful.
My room was very clean with all the niceties needed. Free water, soda and more. The internet was easily accessed, the bathroom was very clean. Breakfast was included. Too many items to chose from. Both western and eastern styles of food. An omelette bar, fresh pastries, eggs cooked to order. My coffee was always topped off with a smile. The price was affordable and Starbucks was adjacent to the hotel. I look for clean, affordable, and someone to tend to my needs if I should have any. This place was it. Many were able to speak English. Very nice hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank TPGilly12
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

They shut down the Aircond everynight from 2am till 6am to save cost ! I am staying at room 510 from 16/06 till 27/06 , I made a complaint ! End of the day they give me a Fan ! ( mean they can't do anything except the boss )

• Stayed May 2012
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2012

I have stayed at the Yihe hotel a few times visiting my agent and doing business at the International market.
The rooms are fresh, clean and well catered for. Breakfast was a mix of Eastern and Western.
There is a Gym and a Japanese restaurant within the hotel.
There is also a Starbucks attached to the hotel and you get a decent coffee. The Chinese restaurant is OK and you can order food to your room. The food is really well presented.

You have to drive to the Markets and that is about 15 mins. Taxi back is OK but if you leave the market at 5 pm it is a chaotic to get a taxi. ( leave the market at 4.30pm to get a taxi quicker).
There is a convenience store behind the hotel and there are street markets about 10 to 15 mins walk down the main road from the hotel. You get DVD's, clothes etc. and locals flock to this market.
The shops around are high end fashion and expensive.
Overall a comfortable hotel in the City center and travel to the markets is not an issue if your agent has a car or you take a taxi.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business