“Service is good , management is poor”
Review of Yihe Hotel

Yihe Hotel
Ranked #26 of 326 Hotels in Yiwu
Reviewed June 28, 2012

They shut down the Aircond everynight from 2am till 6am to save cost ! I am staying at room 510 from 16/06 till 27/06 , I made a complaint ! End of the day they give me a Fan ! ( mean they can't do anything except the boss )

• Stayed: May 2012
There are newer reviews for Yihe Hotel

Reviewed January 18, 2012

I have stayed at the Yihe hotel a few times visiting my agent and doing business at the International market.
The rooms are fresh, clean and well catered for. Breakfast was a mix of Eastern and Western.
There is a Gym and a Japanese restaurant within the hotel.
There is also a Starbucks attached to the hotel and you get a decent coffee. The Chinese restaurant is OK and you can order food to your room. The food is really well presented.

You have to drive to the Markets and that is about 15 mins. Taxi back is OK but if you leave the market at 5 pm it is a chaotic to get a taxi. ( leave the market at 4.30pm to get a taxi quicker).
There is a convenience store behind the hotel and there are street markets about 10 to 15 mins walk down the main road from the hotel. You get DVD's, clothes etc. and locals flock to this market.
The shops around are high end fashion and expensive.
Overall a comfortable hotel in the City center and travel to the markets is not an issue if your agent has a car or you take a taxi.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Cederz2
Reviewed April 20, 2011

I was in Yiwu for business and stayed 2 nights in this hotel. During check-in there was a first problem that they could not find my reservation I made through Expedia. After 20 minutes they found it. 2nd problem is that my AMEX card did not work. I had to pay cash or else I could not get the room. they did not do any effort by calling to AMEX to check the card. Finally I paid with my private credit card. Very bad service.
Then de food. Breakfast is a buffet, more Chinese than western, but if you like fresh fruit and a order to made egg dish it is ok. In the evening you can choose from 3 restaurants: Japanese in the basement. Very unpleasant atmosphere. Chinese restaurant. nobody speaks one word Englist and you have to order from pictures. I tried to order fried rice, also this was very difficult to understand. I can recommend you if you have a smartphone to get a translation app English-Chinese. Very helpfull!!
At the groundfloor there is a buffet restaurant. the food there is very bad. You can see that it is standing there for hours. I went for dinner at 8 and half of the plates were empty. choice is limited.
Then I wanted to get a massage. The reception sent me to 4th floor to make appointment. There a lot of men were waiting and looking around it was not for normal massages but for "happy massages' I guess by seeing some typical dressed ladies.
At the end of my stay I found out that at the 20th floor there is a real SPA. Unfortunatly I could not check it anymore but it looked ok. However, next time I go back to Kingdom hotel again. this hotel was now fully booked. I can understand why it is more populair!
the biggest irritation is that the staff hardly can speak a word English. Very difficult to get any answere on my questions.
The fitness is very poor.

Room Tip: Ask a room on a high floor to avoid trafficnoise
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 11, 2010

good, but a little bit old
the room should re decorate
compare the price, last night in Budgetel hotel is much valuable, it is more mondern and new,

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 4, 2009

In the second week on November during my Business visit to China , I visited Yiwu . I found this hotel very nice and comfortable.

Its located in the heart of the city , close to Indian and other Asian food joints .

The staff is very efficient.

Lavish break fast spread

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed March 22, 2007

the hotel is beatiful and the location is great, the apartments are big and beatiful,the problem is because they don't have real western breakfast, the kingdo and kaixin have chinese and western breakfast but this hotel have only 3 or four western products in the breakfast.
other strang think is because the breakfast table are very big, so sometimes you want talk something privete during the breakfast maybe not will be possible

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed September 26, 2006

In going to Yiwu city, I was not expecting a lot! This was my first trip to china. I had been to a number of places in Russia during the communist era and found everything dirty, broken, with bad food and poor service. I was expecting the same in China. What a surprise! I flew into Shanghai, which appeared to be a very nice city, and was driven by the travel service to Yiwu. When I got to Yiwu I found a modern city, and very clean. a pleasant place to do business! Everyone was very helpful.
Then there is the Yiwu Yihi hotel... again a very pleasant surprise! The hotel was clean and modern, the food and service was excellent. I would definately recommend the Yiwu Yihi, and will stay there again on my next trip!

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled on business