“Menu better than the food”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Snake River Grill

Snake River Grill
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Hagerman
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hagerman, Idaho
“Menu better than the food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

I was drawn in by the sign promising alligator, duck confit, and sturgeon. I had heard from a friend that the gator was chewy (I have eaten and cooked gator many times and also eaten croc twice and while it is chewier than chicken it is only really chewy when it is not a good cut or cooked wrong). So, I had a sturgeon sandwich since I had never had sturgeon. It was good but a bit pricy for what I got and they served it with tater tots (have not had those since middle school and for good reason). Ate there again and decided on the meatloaf because it just was a meatloaf kind of day. Again reminded of middle school-meatloaf was dry and tasteless and the mashed potatoes were horrible. It was cafeteria style food. Attended a bird festival that they catered and that was the last time I will eat their food. Trout almondine-I normally love it-not this time! The trout was fishy so (I guess) in a failed attempt to mask it they seem to have dumped a ton of almond extract on it-it tasted like an almond cookie- sickeningly sweet. Also, I heard the chef talking to the help and he was very rude. Did not leave a good taste in my mouth.

• Visited February 2014

Boise, Idaho
“A not so undiscovered gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

Stopped here for breakfast while on my way to Twin Falls. Had the, "Snake Eye" Loved the cheese/onions and peppers in my hash browns. Eggs were cooked exactly to order. Service was a little indifferent, as for both coffee re-fills I had to hunt up my server to get her to re-fill my coffee. Other than that, everything was great.
On the way back from TF I stopped again for dinner. I had the grilled catfish. The fish was cooked perfectly with just the right amount of seasoning. My server was very friendly and attentive. Only negative on the dinner experience was the salad bar. Shredded lettuce does not a good salad make.

My father was with me and he really enjoyed his breakfast. He is very particular about how his eggs are cooked. (Very over easy) The cook got it just right for him. His bacon appeared to be freshly cooked and not something that was fried up hours ago and left under a heat lamp.

• Visited October 2013
West USA
“Very nice lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

We took the back roads from Twin Falls to Boise, stopping in Hagerman for lunch. Had the pulled pork sandwich which was very good. The highlight of the meal however was the onion rings...freshly made and hand battered. They have beer and wine. Service was very good even though there were several large parties there that day. Nice to have a small town with a good restaurant that you can stop in.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Western View
Boise
“Service was so so”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

The food itself was excellent. Great omelette and a healthy serving of hashbrowns. And a large bowl of oatmeal for my friend with bacon. What was lacking was the service. Two large groups came in after us, and the waitress demanded they move to another room versus moving the tables around. After dropping off our food we didn't see her again..we had to track her down to get our bill. We ended up driving 8 miles to another restaurant the next morning to get better service.

Visited July 2013
Carrboro, North Carolina
“Went out of their way for vegetarians”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

My husband and I stopped at the Snake River Grill (7/31/13) looking for vegetarian options. They didn't have any on their menu - outside of the salad bar. Once I explain what we were looking for to our wonderful server (Tiffany) she explained that they would be happy to accommodate us and made several suggestions (besides the salad bar). We ended up with a delicious pasta / vegetable dish (extremely reasonable - especially considering they made it special order). We also ate from the salad bar, which had many options also for us (it was more than just salad fixings!) Thanks to the Snake River Grill, we had a wonderful lunch and enjoyed our time eating and meeting such a delightful person as Tiffany.

• Visited July 2013