“Definitely a must see!”

14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Definitely a must see!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

This was such a unique experience! It was like being in Venice,Italy but with an oriental flair! The setting is beautiful!

Visited November 2012

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Quaint”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

I recently visited the water village as a day trip while I stayed at Shanghai; it took about an hour and a half by van on a Sunday (but we did stop by several of the Suzhou gardens before that). Very pretty place and cleaner than I expected, especially considering the hordes of tourists that pass through the area everyday (not to mention the actual residents who live there). I recommend taking one of the boat rides through the canals; some of the "drivers" are really very friendly and would sing some traditional folk songs along the way. I would also recommend having a tour guide if you don't speak Mandarin, though, as I suspect it would be very difficult to get around otherwise.

Visited October 2012
Chicago, Illinois
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Wow Water Village”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

This is a must see when visiting China. We would definetly visit again. The sites. The views. The people were pleasant to see. Take plenty of pictures and enjoy the Venice of China.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank AlohaDaniel
Vancouver
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“Incredibly Scenic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

I gather that it's a fairly new thing that they now charge about $15 U.S. to enter the water village but I thought it was worth it. It is so very scenic and picturesque. I was expecting it be crowded like in the youtube videos but we went around 10:30am in Sept on a Monday and it wasn't crowded at all. I was with a friend who speaks pretty good Mandarin and so she could barter for me at the various stalls that sell food, clothing, jewelry, and souvenirs. Certainly no one there spoke English! I liked the shopping and bought several items of clothing and souvenirs and the prices were really cheap with some good bartering. I came home with amazing photos because it's so pretty there. We didn't have time to ride in a gondola but it would have been fun. We had a little difficulty finding parking and where to enter to village. I should have brought the instructions that were in the reviews that I saw on the internet. Sight-seeing in China doesn't seem to be well-labled. It took us about 3 hours to walk around and get our fill of the village. It's truly like an Asian version of Venice and for me it was the highlight of my trip to China.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank h0lym0ly
Melbourne, Australia
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Amazing - best water village we have seen”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

Loved everything about this place. It's quaint and covers quite a large area. Excellent choice of restaurants - you have to try the Wansan ti (pork dish - a speciality for this area). We took a boat ride for 100RMB (for 5 people) and bought some local handmade things (don't forget to bargain). I would highly recommend this place. Took us 45 minutes by car from Kunshan.

Visited September 2012