“At least I should get my HHonors points”

Grand Metropark Hotel Kunshan
Ranked #7 of 362 Hotels in Kunshan
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Stayed here cuz it was the only Hilton brand place in the area I was working this last trip to China...

Got the cookie at check in and English well spoken. But even with an upgrade to a suite, nice but for one night, not needed, I thought the room was just average. Desk was in living room, no bedroom options other than slow wi-fi for PC and a pet peeve of mine, no electrical outlets bedside except for one that a lamp was plugged into and I needed to set up my extension plug strip scheme to have my phone charging bedside. These hotels need to get with the times on the technology needs of all travelers.

Outside the hotel there is pretty much nothing close by to walk to. We did wander around but there are a ton of locals just hanging around on the street and milling around the unfinished elevated train tracks that will likely cause some unwanted noise someday for the hotel. I only stayed for one night but after seeing what was around the hotel, sort of wonder why it even existed...looked like a bunch of empty office buildings nearby, maybe it used to be an active area, but I was there mid week and the area seemed a little dead. There is some other Chine brand hotel across the street to, so maybe there is some reason they are there but it's not very obvious to me, just doesn't seem to be a busy area for a hotel to be...

Restaurant, the main one right off lobby, was not the worst place, but we were about the only ones in there mid week. Food was ok, limited selection overall, but I found a few of my favorites so I was ok. I do wish they would have had some DTree cookies in the dessert area like a few other DTree's buffets have had...they'd go good with the ice cream!

If in that area again, I'd stay there but they do need to get some electrical outlets bedside!

Also, my AC cooled all night long in this place! Just in case you seen my other reviews on this trip!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
DTKSKunshan, General Manager at Grand Metropark Hotel Kunshan, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear Guest,
Greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Huaqiao-Kunshan. Thank you for sharing your experience with Tripadvisor users and your feedback on our amenities. I am glad you liked our iconic chocolate cookies and it’s also available in our lobby shop.
First of all, regarding your HHonors points you are welcomed and please share with us more details about your concerns of your HHonors points. Every HHonors member is eligible to earn points by staying at any Hilton Worldwide hotels. If you have any further questions or suggestions, please feel free to contact us via kun.shan@hilton.com
Secondly, about the bedside power outlet issue, we are consulting with our owner and will soon put into our hotel renovation plan. We highly appreciate your comments for our hotel, and it assists us to provide a better service in the future. “Where the little things mean everything” is our constant promise to you and all of our hotel team members take pride in serving you with warmth and care. We firmly believe that little things can make a big difference.
Last of all, with regards to the location and surroundings, as you noticed, the construction outside is for Shanghai Metro line 11 extension towards Huaqiao. Huaqiao Commercial Business District is rapidly-developing in this area. I am sure once it is completed, it will bring more convenience to your stay. The LifeHub@Anting which is just 300 meters away from our hotel, offers a wide variety of choices for shopping, dining and entertainment. Furthermore, within short distance from the hotel, there are Shanghai Auto Museum and F1 International Circuit. Also, you can visit Zhouzhuang and Qiangdeng water towns which are renowned attractions in China and only a short ride away from our hotel. Our key location on the border between Shanghai and Kunshan, and in the heart of the Huaqiao CBD, we are growing better and better with your’s and all other guests’ support.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I would like to thanks the executive lounge staff, very helpful and warmly welcoming. I would also to thanks the front desk staff, specially the man who have a glass in his eyes, and Mrs Lyn Evin I like a lot this hotel, and want to stay here when i'll have any opportunities

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DTKSKunshan, General Manager at Grand Metropark Hotel Kunshan, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

Dear guest,
Greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton-Huaqiao Kunshan. Thank you for your positive views and sharing your experience. I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hilton Worldwide and all of us at the Doubletree by Hilton Huaqiao take pride in providing our guests with the highest standards in hospitality and our aim is to provide each guest an unexpected service where you will find each detail carefully crafted to your personal taste. Thank you again for staying with us and we are looking forward to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed there for 6 nights . We saw everythings brilliant except for cold swimmin pool ( there is not any direct sunlight ) and free internet was very slow in lobby . Breakfast was fantastic and we enjoyed local foods . Staffs was hospitable , responsible and cooperative . Special thanks to Pantea (reception )

• Stayed: August 2012
DTKSKunshan, General Manager at Grand Metropark Hotel Kunshan, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Dear Guest,
Greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Huaqiao-Kunshan. Thank you for sharing your experience with Tripadvisor users. I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed your time, our services and breakfast. Currently we will monitor and adjust the swimming pool tempter in time according to the weather condition. Your reviews on our facilities and our swimming pool are highly appreciated. “Where the little things mean everything” is our constant promise to you and all of our hotel team members take pride in serving you with warmth and care. We firmly believe that little things can make a difference. Thank you again for choosing DoubleTree by Hilton Huaqiao-Kunshan. We are looking forward to have you again in the near future!

Reviewed May 3, 2013

As a ilton Honors mamber I stay in many Hilton brands and for a Doubletree this is one of the best. Oversized lobby with a staff that can't do enough for you. english speaking people are everywhere and so very helpful..They actually act like they want to help and do their best to get the job done. Rooms are large and well appointed.. Bed was very comfortable and spacious, Bathroom was one of the larger sized models with plenty of space and ammities...first class.
Breakfast was in cafe and had many choices for everyone and was nice and clean.. Food was prepared very well and as i said a wide variety.
Area had shopping close and several restaurants and soon will have a subway station that can take you to and from many Shanghai stops..
Only problem and it wasn't with the hotel but hotel management..The Executive Lounge was closed for a week due to a Hoilday;;;I found that the dumbest thing I have ever hear of..
But my next trip into that area I will stay in thsi hotel and see first hand what the Executive lounge is about there...That is if they aren't still on holiday (Dumb)

Room Tip: Shopping close
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
DTKSKunshan, General Manager at Grand Metropark Hotel Kunshan, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2013

Dear Guest:
Greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Huaqiao-Kunshan. Thank you for sharing your experience with Tripadvisor users. I’m glad to hear that your experience at our hotel is one of the best among your past ones. “Where the little things mean everything” is our constant promise to you and all of our hotel team members take pride in serving you with warmth and care. We firmly believe that little things can make a difference. And your positive reviews on our room facilities and food at breakfast are highly appreciated. The great shopping mall near our hotel is sure to be a good place to do shopping and entertaining. As far as you concerned, the Metro Line 11 Anting station, which is just 300 meters away from our hotel, will take you to downtown Shanghai in just 45 minutes.
Regarding the closure of executive lounge you mentioned, I’m sorry for any inconvenience caused. Please be reassured that your benefits as our privileged Hhonor members still remain the same. You can enjoy free coffee or tea at our lobby bar instead and you are welcomed to have free happy hour drinks at L bar, located on the first floor of our hotel. Thank you again for choosing DoubleTree by Hilton Huaqiao-Kunshan. We are looking forward to have you back again in the near future!

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I needed a hotel in the Jiading area for a one-month stay. I usually stay in five star hotels in China. One thing that was very important to me was that the hotel was close to a shopping area with restaurants. After a lot of painstaking research, I chose this hotel, and I was not disappointed. I am a Diamond member with the Hilton Group, and had no problem upgrading to a suite for the entire duration of my stay. The room was very clean, comfortable and very well appointed. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful, spoke excellent English, and soon got to know me, and my room number. The local mall has a broad range of restaurants. Along with the usual Chinese options, there was also Korean, Japanese, South East Asian, and American fast food. The walk to the mall took less than 10 minutes, and there are street vendors along the way selling fresh fruit and snacks. There is also a supermarket in the mall, where you can buy just about anything (like a Target or Carrefour). For the more adventurous, there are a lot of older stores and shops on adjacent streets too. The breakfast was very good, with a lot of Chinese, American and European selections. I have a peculiar requirement for breakfast that is not usually served in the buffet. Once the hotel knew what I wanted, they accommodated me, and had it ready for me every morning. I will not hesitate to go back to this hotel. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
DTKSKunshan, General Manager at Grand Metropark Hotel Kunshan, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Dear guest:
Greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton-Huaqiao Kunshan. Thank you for your positive views and sharing your experience. I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hilton Worldwide and all of us at the Doubletree by Hilton Huaqiao take pride in providing our guests with the highest standards in hospitality and our aim is to provide each guest an unexpected service where you will find each detail carefully crafted to your personal taste. I also would like to thank you for your comments about our area. That’s true the surrounding area has a lot to offer. Please let me introduce some more interesting options for you. Within short distance from the hotel, there are Shanghai Auto Museum and F1 International Circuit. Accessing the city heart of Shanghai is very convenient with the subway Line11 and the station is nearby within 300 meters from our hotel. Also, Zhouzhuang and Qiangdeng water towns are known attractions in China that only a short ride away from the Doubletree. Thank you again for staying with us and we are looking forward to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Having stayed in Hilton hotels in China for many years this was our first Double Tree experience. We were not disappointed in any way, in fact this hotel was better than some of its big brother Hilton hotels.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DTKSKunshan, General Manager at Grand Metropark Hotel Kunshan, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dear guest:
Greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton-Huaqiao Kunshan. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are glad to know that you had a pleasant stay with us. “where the little things mean everything” is our constant commitment to all of our customers and it is our duty and honor to serve you and impress you with our warm and caring service. We are always aiming at providing you with the highest standards of service to ensure that you experience our attentive services. Your constant support is always the best motivation for us to get improve. Thank you again for staying with us and we sincerely look forward to your patronage again!

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Although the rooms in this hotel are not quite up to the promise of the very nice lobby area, they are still very comfortable and well presented. My room had a great bed and a nice glass wall between bathroom and bedroom which made the room feel a lot more airy and large (this wall does have blinds though if you are not staying alone, or don’t care for the view). The room was mostly quiet during my stay but noise did seem to carry easily so maybe I just got lucky on most of my nights.

The bathroom is lovely and big and the shower is strong. Cupboard space is good for unpacking. Downstairs the gym is small but nice while the pool looked good even if I didn’t go in. Service is very good throughout the hotel and I was particularly impressive by the security-awareness of the maids – they were in my room when I got back and they manage to be completely friendly and polite to me while also doublechecking it was my room.

The breakfast buffet has lots of choice, while in the evening the restaurant offers a buffet or set menu – the buffet was pretty good and good value for money. Despite it being a hotel catering for businesses, internet is of course charged and, although reasonable it is annoying that they do this, plus equally annoying that forgetting to turn off your wireless after you shut your browser will continue to incur a cost for being connected. The only real downside to the hotel is that it is not particular handy for anything nor is it in a nice area so much as it is roads and construction. There is a large mall nearby, but when you’re in the hotel it feels a million miles away.

Still, very comfortable hotel and will stay here again on my next visit to Kunshan.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
DTKSKunshan, General Manager at Grand Metropark Hotel Kunshan, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Dear Guest:
Greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Huaqiao-Kunshan! Thank you for staying with us and share your comments with Tripadvisor users.
First of all, your positive views are highly appreciated. “Where the little things mean everything” is our constant commitment to all of our customers. We strongly believe that little things can make a difference and it is our duty and honor to ensure you enjoy a warm and caring service here in our hotel.
Secondly, regard to the internet charge, I sincerely recommend you to enroll our HHonors program, upgrade to be our golden member or diamond member enjoys complimentary internet access, and it updates you with the latest amazing rooms and food and beverage offers and discounts. Welcome to join us! And we will consider to improve our internet log on/log off settings according to your suggestions. Thanks for your understanding.
Last of all, regards to the location and surroundings, as you noticed, the construction outside is for Shanghai Metro line 11 extension towards Huaqiao. I’m sure once it completed, it will bring more convenience to your stay in the near future. And, as you mentioned the newly-opened LifeHub@Anting, which is just 300 meters away from our hotel, offers you with various choices of shopping, dining and entertainment. With the key location on the border between Shanghai and Kunshan, also in the heart of the Huaqiao CBD, hopefully we are growing better and better with you and all other clients’ support.
Looking forward to having you again with our iconic chocolate cookies!

Tolga Unan