“THE place to stay if you are in this area”

Grand Metropark Hotel Kunshan
Ranked #6 of 348 Hotels in Kunshan
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I didn't know a Doubletree Hotel could be this nice. My husband and I were in Anting for 2 nights while he had meetings there. The hotel is big and very attractive. We had a suite which was very spacious with a separate living room, king bed and modern bathroom. We also had access to the Executive Lounge which was very, very nice. The lounge is very spacious and the food there was excellent. Lots of staff to cater to your every need. I used the indoor pool each morning while my husband worked out in the fitness centre (lots of machines). The pool is big, not crowded at all, a good temperature, and it had nice change rooms with a sauna.
Within walking distance of the hotel there is great sight-seeing, particularly old town Anting. It's very scenic and perfect for picture-taking. Modern Anting is scenic as well with very interesting areas to explore. And only 30-km away was the watertown Zhouzhuang which was the highlight of my trip to China. It's truly an Asian version of Venice. The countryside around Anting is quite pretty and I think I enjoyed this area more than bustling, noisy downtown Shanghai.
We attended a company dinner at the Magnolia Cafe just off the lobby and it was an amazing buffet. The selection was huge and the food was delicious. I see why the company uses this hotel for it's staff and clients to stay at because it's really very impressive. I hope my husband will be going again so we can stay at this hotel another time.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
DTKSKunshan, General Manager at Grand Metropark Hotel Kunshan, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Dear Guest:
Greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Huaqiao-kunshan! Thank you so much for sharing your experience with Tripadvisor.
I am really pleased to hear so many compliments from your comments on our hotel. As you may know, “where the little things mean everything” is our constant commitment to all of our customers and it is our duty and honor to serve you and impress you with our warm and caring service. I’m glad to know that you enjoy our well-equipped amenities, comfortable accommodation and various choices of food and beverage. We are always aiming at providing you with the highest standards of service to ensure that you experience our attentive services. With convenient location on the border between Shanghai and Kunshan, you can easily access to both modern city and traditional cultures through your stay here with us. In addition, We do have several promotional offers providing our guest with different packages and benefits to chose from and we are looking forward to having you again whether on your own or on business trip! Thank you again for your reviews and your support!

There are newer reviews for Grand Metropark Hotel Kunshan

Reviewed June 11, 2012

Hadnt stayed at a Hilton for so long that my loyalty card was de-activated, but not any more. Thnaks to teh folks at teh Huaqiao/Kushan Doubletree, I am now active once more. A great hotle in teh middle of a burgeoning business park, great service and food and I even got upgraded. A definite repeat visit from me.

Room Tip: All rooms are good, get yourself upgraded for larger size
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Arno_Franz
AdaHaitang, General Manager at Grand Metropark Hotel Kunshan, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2015

Dear Guest,
Greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Huaqiao–Kunshan. Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Tripadvisor. All of us at the Doubletree by Hilton Huaqiao – Kunshan take pride in providing our guests with the highest standards in hospitality.Our well-trained team members are always ready to offer you attentive and caring services to make you feel like home. As you may notice, our hotel is located on the border of Kunshan and Shanghai, it’s just 300 meters away from Shanghai Metro Line 11 Anting Station, and currently you may also exit at Zhaofeng Road station and it will take you less than 5 minutes to visit our hotel. With our special location on this border, you are easily connected between two cities. In addition, we are glad to hear that you had a taste of our food and dessert. Our Magnolia café is providing high quality of food and beverage to our guests as always, with a wide variety of dishes catering for everyone’s tastes. What’s more, we also highly recommend you to have a try at our Sui Yuan Chinese restaurant during your next stay with us, where you will find exquisite Cantonese dishes and other special local flavors. In DoubleTree by Hilton Huaqiao – Kunshan, where the little things mean everything is our constant promise to you. Thank you again for choosing our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back once again with our delicious chocolate chip cookies!

Reviewed December 3, 2011

I tried reviewing this hotel once before and had to rewrite...

The vanilla version, this DoubleTree is not your grandma's old Hilton. I've been avoiding Hilton hotels for many years, the rooms are impeccable. We had a worksite right below our room, and it was dead quiet. Used the pool & sauna and they were great. Got checked in with warm cookies, clean room, SOFT beds. I could just go on-and-on. So IF, for some reason you are in Kunshan look nowhere else. The staff was good, but not over the top, no one was hovering and just the right attention was given. I'm now looking for Hilton hotels after this great experience with my wife & friends. I hope the rest of the resorts live up to this standard. Expect quiet rooms, impeccable beds, super clean rooms, and a great warm place to stay away from home. Sometimes you do not need to stay in a 5 star hotel to feel cozy, comfortable, and rested. Try this place out!

One gripe...the morning buffet could be better. The western dishes are a bit off but it is Kunshan. Overall, Hilton brought me back on this one

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank worldwidetrail

Dear Guest,
Greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Huaqiao–Kunshan. Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Tripadvisor. Your generous compliments on us are highly appreciated. All of us at the Doubletree by Hilton Huaqiao – Kunshan take pride in providing our guests with the highest standards in hospitality.Our well-trained team members are always ready to offer you attentive and caring services to make you feel like home. As you may notice, our hotel is located on the border of Kunshan and Shanghai, it’s just 300 meters away from Shanghai Metro Line 11 Anting Station, and currently you may also exit at Zhaofeng Road station and it will take you less than 5 minutes to visit our hotel. With our special location on this border, you are easily connected between two cities. In addition, we are glad to hear that you had a taste of our food and dessert. Our Magnolia café is providing high quality of food and beverage to our guests as always, with a wide variety of dishes catering for everyone’s tastes. What’s more, we also highly recommend you to have a try at our Sui Yuan Chinese restaurant during your next stay with us, where you will find exquisite Cantonese dishes and other special local flavors. In DoubleTree by Hilton Huaqiao – Kunshan, where the little things mean everything is our constant promise to you. Thank you again for choosing our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back once again with our delicious chocolate chip cookies!

Reviewed November 24, 2011

Stayed in this hotel for 2 nites. I was impressed by the interior design.

The room is spacious and well designed and decorated. The bed is very comfortable, and the pillows are good too. I would had been able to enjoy good night sleep if not for my uncomfortable stomach that kept me woken up a few times.

The only comment I had is that the hotel is far from the city, and there are no shopping mall around that can help to kill time. Once you are in the hotel, you would not be able to go anywhere.

I find their services at the hotel cafe average. During breakfast, the waitress do not carry the coffee/tea pots around asking if you need to be served with the beverage. You have to ask, and they will then disappear into the kitchen, and then return some time later with the pots.

If I do have chances again to go to Kunshan, I will definitely consider staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
DTKSKunshan, General Manager at Grand Metropark Hotel Kunshan, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2011

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your sincere comments. I have noted your comment on our location.
First of all, I do apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are located in the fast developing CBD Huaqiao area and the commercial facilities are being steadily improved which will bring you more conveniences in the future. Anting Old Street is 1km away from us display ancient Chinese life with some restaurants and shops which deserve to visit. Take this opportunity, I’m very happy to share you that our Dikara SPA is going to be opened in the mid of December, it would be your good choice of recreation and entertainment on your next visiting.
Regarding to your comment speed service in magnolia café, please accept my sincere apology. Training our young team is one of our main challenges and we will keep focusing on this to ensure that they become more efficient in their daily tasks. We are looking forward to your next stay and please give us another chance to make you satisfied.
GM

Reviewed August 1, 2011

This was my second stay and it was even better than the first. The staff is attentive and willing to help, the food is fantastic and well presented. Rooms are clean and very well laid out. This is now my hotel of choice when I visit my plant in Kunshan. Jones in the executive lounge is a true Gentleman and is attentive to every detail. The gym is great and you have access 24 hours a day.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank MDHKLR04

Greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Huaqiao–Kunshan. Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Tripadvisor. Your generous compliments on us are highly appreciated. All of us at the Doubletree by Hilton Huaqiao – Kunshan take pride in providing our guests with the highest standards in hospitality.Our well-trained team members are always ready to offer you attentive and caring services to make you feel like home. Our Magnolia café is providing high quality of food and beverage to our guests as always, with a wide variety of dishes catering for everyone’s tastes. Whether you spend your leisure time by lazing around or keeping fit, our fitness centre is equipped with state-of-the- art Fitness by Precor®-cardio equipment with personal TV screens, free weights and room to stretch. What’s more, we also highly recommend you to have a try at our Sui Yuan Chinese restaurant during your next stay with us, where you will find exquisite Cantonese dishes and other special local flavors. In DoubleTree by Hilton Huaqiao – Kunshan, where the little things mean everything is our constant promise to you. Thank you again for choosing our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back once again with our delicious chocolate chip cookies

Reviewed July 6, 2011

Stayed for 2 nights for business in October 2010.

I stayed here because I attended the conference in this hotel. By far, there is nothing to complaint, average doubletree standard, no disappointment. Hotel is cleam, room is big enough. Food is so so.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Kengkla
DTKSKunshan, General Manager at Grand Metropark Hotel Kunshan, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2011

Dear guest,
Firstly, thank you for staying with us, we are so glad to know that you have a very good stay experience in our hotel. After 9 months of operation since your visiting, our hotel is developed much on both service and facilities. I’m very proud to share you that, L Bar, a vintage sport bar with modern spin was opened on this April. This is an idea venue for you to enjoy trendy wines, over sized burgers and snacks while catching up with the sports events on the TV. Don’t hesitate to step in here on your next visiting.
We are looking forward to welcoming you and your guests back once again with our iconic Doubletree Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Doubletree by Hilton Huaqiao/Kunshan

Reviewed May 14, 2011

Stayed for three nights last year and again this year whist on business in the area. Does not have the local attractions of Shanghai city but is more convenient. The quality of this hotel in all respects is amongst the best hotels I have had the pleasure to have stayed in,

Excellent gym and pool. The rooms, food and especially the employees make an effort to make you feel special

Room Tip: Join the Hilton club
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
DTKSKunshan, General Manager at Grand Metropark Hotel Kunshan, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2011

Dear guest,
Firstly, thank you for staying with Doubletree by Hilton Huaqiao/Kunshan and sharing your experience with Tripadvisor users.
I’m very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay. Hilton Worldwide and all of us at the Doubletree by Hilton Huaqiao take pride in providing our guests with the highest standards in hospitality and our aim is to provide each guest an unexpected service where you will find each detail carefully crafted to your personal taste. Therefore, we look forward to hearing our guests' comments in order that we may maintain or improve our services and facilities.
I also would like to thank you for your comments about our area. In fact, Huaqiao has a lot to offer. Within short distance from the hotel, there are Shanghai Auto Museum and F1 International Circuit. Accessing Shanghai is also convenient with the subway station nearby. Zhouzhuang and Qiangdeng water towns are known attractions in China that our only short ride away from the Doubletree. We are glad you enjoyed your time in this paradise while staying with us.
Look forward to welcoming you back once again with our iconic Doubletree Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Doubletree by Hilton Huaqiao/Kunshan

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kunshan
Swissotel Kunshan
Jiazheng International Anneiji Hotel
Kunshan Newport Hotel
Kunshan Newport Hotel
#27 of 348 in Kunshan

Been to Grand Metropark Hotel Kunshan? Share your experiences!