“loved the food and room service”

Quality Inn and Suites
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Gulf Breeze
A TripAdvisor Member
“loved the food and room service”
Reviewed July 10, 2006

i was initially warned away from the bay breeze inn,but the reviews were conflicting,so i took a chance and was i ever surprised. the dining area was absolutely superb ,free beer ,free wine ,gracious southern belles,well taught to please a man,and a young staff of cooks who prepared superb food , i have been in 28 foreign countries and never have i gotten better food and service by nicer people. don't believe [----------]who are trying to keep you away . i was in town for the sinking of the aircraft carrier u,s,s, oriskany.i'm 73 years young and have been in every state and many foreign countries . trust a navy man to give you the honest truth.this is a very nice place to stay. they have a pool and poolside area for sunbathing,a tiny beach but with all the gators and crocs in the water i'd just as soon be in the pool. you are virtually minutes away from churches {in my case a catholic church] minutes away from a large free beach . the best part is that my bill for 6 nights was only $636including tax. you just cant beat that.
my e-
mail address is stendecavenger1@yahoo.com name is john machuzick [-------------------] good luck jm

• Stayed May 2006
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Montgomery, AL
Reviewed June 4, 2006

My husband and I stayed at the Bay Beach Inn June2-4 and we loved it. We had a poolside double which was tastefully painted and decorated in beach colors of turqoise and corals. The room was also nice and very clean. The only thing we had a problem with was the iron. It did not work so I took it to the front desk and asked for a new one. The attendant said she would send someone. After waiting 20 minutes my husband went up there and another attendant told him that housekeeping would not be in until 8 am. We then went to breakfast and came back to finally get an iron. Besides that minor issue, the beach area was breathtaking and relaxing just like the beautiful pictures posted. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will come back to Beach Bay Inn every chance we get down there.

• Stayed June 2006
1 Thank TravelociTee
Milwaukee, WI
Reviewed May 29, 2006

Please see my pictures I posted*

I have to commend this property. It is a property located right on the waterfront overlooking pensacola bay. They have done an excellent job snapping back considering the 2004/2005 Hurricane Ivan & Dennis damage done to this area.

Bay Beach Inn is landscaped so nicely. Most of the hotels on Pensacola beach were not landscaped at all as nice as this one. The Gulf area is kind of torn down and trying to recover from the hurricanes. Bay beach Inn is located in the perfect spot, quiet, and only about 2 to 3 miles from the board walk & Gulf of Mexico beaches. Pensacoa Beach really suffered, but is still very beautiful. The emerald green & turqoise waters gulf of Mexico and snow white sand is breath taking! We spent a lot of time on this beautiful beach.
Bay Beach INN is the perfect INN that will not break the bank, we drove here from IL - 15hrs. It was the perfect getaway.

We had a very nice stay here. Our room was the poolside - king. I think all the rooms on the pooside are renovated. So I would recommend you spend a "little more" and get the poolside room, it is well worth it, and the views are 100% nicer.
Housekeeping was EXCELLENT. Our room was very clean. Crisy white fresh sheets and fresh clean white towels. Housekeeping was beyond my expectations - they do cute little things to the towels - animal shapes =)
Our room was bright and cheery. We had downstairs poolside room, Decorated in Blues & greens. Next time I would like an upstairs room for a better bay view.

We were greeted with a bottle of champange to our room shortly after we arrived.

You have to remember that this is a INN and This is an older property, so you do see a little bit of wear. The hurricanes have done so much damage and some hotels are not even back in operation on the GULF and in my opinion this INN's scenery & landscaping was much better then the hotels in Pensacola Beach. Don't let what the hurricanes have done, stop you from vacationing in this area, it is still absoultly gorgoeous.

• Stayed May 2006
4 Thank jewelsky
Mexico Beach, FL
Reviewed March 26, 2006

I stayed here in August and September 2005. The place is old and pretty shop worn. Spend a little more and go to Navarre Best Western.

• Stayed September 2005
3 Thank MLwtn

Travelers are raving about these Gulf Breeze hotels

Reviewed March 19, 2006

Before my trip to Pensacola I wanted to check out some reviews of the property to see what folks were saying about the Bay Beach Inn. After reading several guest complaints I was a little more than worried about my upcoming trip. Since I didn't have enough time to rebook anywhere else, I decided to go ahead and take the chance. Needless to say, I was quite impressed with the hotel from the moment I checked into my poolside room! My room had the feeling that everything in it was "brand new". From the carpet to the drapes it just felt fresh and new. The bathroom smelled of fresh paint and was very clean, as was the rest of the room. I was on the second floor and the view of the bay was unbelievable!! I did encounter a problem with my remote for the TV and I called the front desk to have someone come check on it. Within 10 minutes a very nice gentleman from the maintenance department was explaining to me that I needed to point the remote to the box sitting on top of the tv for it to work correctly and then he asked me if I needed anything else. Since it was already pretty late when I checked in, I asked if the restaurant offered room service and the maintenance gentleman named Eric showed me the room service menu and pointed out some of his favorites. The room service meal was one of the best that I've encountered in my travels and the restaurant has become one of my all-time favorites!!

I will be sure to stay at this hotel again when I am in the area and I feel that some of the complaints must have been from the damage it received directly after the past 2 storms seasons. Anyway, the bottom line is that this hotel has apparantly been renovated since that time, and I encourage anyone checking out this website to make their vacation at the Bay Beach Inn and see for yourself! I loved it!!

• Stayed January 2006
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Ponce Inlet, Florida
Reviewed November 20, 2005

As Captain of a tennis team traveling to Pensacola for a national championship USTA tournament, I booked six rooms. The local USTA had recommended the Motel and had negotiated a good price.
One of my team found a lot of bad reviews while looking for directions and wanted me to check further. I did and found a few good reviews mostly at later dates. I polled the team and decided not to cancel.
I got there before most of the team and checked out the rooms. They were pleasant although there still a few reminders of Hurricane Ivan. The linen was sparkling clean as were the bathrooms. As whole I would say that the cleanliness was excellent.
The staff was very friendly and although some errors were made, Tracy straightened everything out.
Now for the good part. Sunday through Thursday there is a hospitality suite where complimentary cocktails are served from 5-7PM. After that we went to the restaurant on the premises where the food was great and where we were given loads of complimentary beer and wine. What a place!
After all that free booze everything looked even better but, bear in mind, my original inspection was prior to the first cocktail. We came within one tiebreaker of winning it all and maybe we would have had we avoided the food and drink. It was a great stay and every one of us would stay there again when and if we return to the Pensacola area.

Stayed November 2005
4 Thank edsonni
Reviewed October 11, 2005

This is the second year I have stayed here over Memorial Day weekend. I thought I would give it a second chance.... If I were you I wouldn't! The carpets are stained, the bathrooms were not clean and pristine. The linens on the bed were less than clean, with hair in the bed, and the comforter was not to be trusted, it just didn't smell fresh. Mostly, this past Memorial Day, our air conditioner was broken, it still would blow air, but not cold air. We were told the day we arrived that it would be fixed the "next" day. The next day we came back from the beach and it was not fixed, we called the desk, they said it was not broken... okay, any idiot knows the difference between warm moist and cold air. It was still warm moist air... hope you are not allergic to mold. We had decided to leave the machine running just to get air moving, they apparently determined that that meant the machine worked, it didn't, it was very humid therefore for the rest of the trip, for all the other hotels were booked, and showers became fun, we left the room door open to let humidity escape while we showered. This place is run down, not well cleaned... too run down and DIRTY for the rediculous amount they charge per night. They are hotel gougers taking on the tourist who just needs a place to stay that has a locked door.

• Stayed May 2005
Hampton Inn Pensacola Beach
Hampton Inn Pensacola Beach
#6 of 10 in Pensacola Beach
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pensacola Beach
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pe...
#3 of 10 in Pensacola Beach
Holiday Inn Express Pensacola Beach
Holiday Inn Express Pensacola Be...
#1 of 10 in Pensacola Beach
Hilton Pensacola Beach
Hilton Pensacola Beach
#7 of 10 in Pensacola Beach

Been to Quality Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!