All reviewsprivate beachonsite restaurantnew carpetroom was clean and comfortablefridge and microwavepets
Reviewed September 19, 2013

My husband and I reserved a room for one week well in advance. We paid a little more for a 'bay view' - The view in the room we got (on first floor) was blocked by large bushes. This is an older motel, but it did have a microwave, fridge, hair dryer and coffee maker. Initially, the room service was excellent; however, as the week progressed, it became increasingly poorer. The maids speak NO English, so one cannot communicate with them. One evening, a couple a few doors down, had set up their own grill and were grilling out in front of their room on the sidewalk. I must say, I've never seen that done. No one came around to question them, however. One day the water was shut off for hours and there was not a courtesy call telling visitors of this fact. This motel is not on the beach - there is a very, very tiny bit of beach there, but the main beach is at Pensacola Beach, not Gulf Breeze. One must driving to the larger beaches. When returning, we will stay at Pensacola Beach.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Missie1
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Rooms are older but clean and there is a little white sandy beach, with some seating - a nice place to sit or go in the water. GORGEOUS sunsets and a gem of a restaurant right there -- a 5 star, La Brisa right there on the beach too. Pool too right there on the beach. We stayed on the left side, not on the view side and it was quiet. Comes with refrigerator, a bonus!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the water and those on the sides of the hotel quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

This is a nice midrange pet friendly hotel not to far from the main beaches. There are not that many pet friend hotels in yhis area. It has a nice pool and little " beach area" to layout. $25 a night pet fee.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Flstumpjumper
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

We booked on Hotwire. They gave us a handicapped room (but not the parking place). Although it seemed that it should be reserved for someone with disabilities, we took it anyway. When we walked in we saw what we thought was sand on the floor. We shrugged it off but wondered why the room had not been cleaned. Well later on we got quite a surprise when the ceiling material literally fell off the roof in about a 1 square foot area. This explained not only what we thought was sand on the floor but also why they gave this room to us instead of a handicapped person.
We didn't make a big deal out of it. We called the front desk and told them what happened and asked if we could be moved to another room. They said we would have to talk to a manager. Fine with me... But the manager is apparently grocery shopping and won't be back for a while?!?! Finally we did get another room without a collapsing ceiling and made the best of the trip.
Despite all of my complaining it is a decent hotel with a nice pool and a nice beach that is on the bay. It is about a 10 minute drive to the real beach and it does cost a dollar to cross the bridge to get there. I like to point that out because I didn't know.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Broken toilet on the first night which we called maintenance and they 1/2 fixed it. At 6 am when it overflowed by itself again we approached the front desk again and the front desk denied us to speak to a manager. I just want my money back. Also the microwave and coffee pot were broken. I should have slept in my car.

Stayed: September 2013