All reviewsprivate beachonsite restaurantnew carpetroom was clean and comfortablefridge and microwavepets
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I travel quite often and reserve a lot of hotels. On the positive side, this place was in an awesome location. Me and my family wanted a place close to beach where we could see fire works on fourth of July. It was perfect for that and being right on bay where we could swim or fish was awesome too but what I had a hard time about was the upkeep first off. The pool had slime around the edge of pool and the place could have been cleaned up and painted a bit; especially with the high price I paid for one night. The next thing was the fact that when I arrived my room wasn't ready. I think when a person arrives at 3 it should be ready. It was close to 4 before we got the room. They need to hire workers obviously. The room was clean but phone didn't work. I didn't understand especially with the high price 4th of July or not'
It was supposed to be smoke free. People were smoking from balconies and smoke coming in my room. When you don't smoke, it makes a difference...I happen to live in the area and not sure if I will rent from them again or not at this point and time...Just saying Trying to be honest.

Room Tip: If you decide to rent from here, get a room right on bay side. It is the best thing this place has going for it.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Cheap and dirty. If you're a fan of a "Motel" then this will be fine for you. The place is gross. Nice little beach area but that's all I can say about that. We ended up leaving at 4am (had to wake a sleeping front desk guy up) because we were so grossed out. Loud fighting people the works. Ewww.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank jcoracing
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We originally booked here for our vacation and were so disappointed when we arrived. The private beach is so dirty and small. There was trash on the "beach" and all in the water, I couldn't bring myself to enjoy the area. The pool area was okay, but several of the lights were hanging by electrical cords whild still in teh pool, I was leary to let my children swim in fear of possibly getting shocked or something. Our "bay view" room was blocked by the many boats docked in the inlet...not pretty at all. Luckily the hotel let us cancel our reservation for the rest of the week, and we found something a lot better. But even the receptionist said, yeah, a lot of people are not satisfied with this hotel when they arrive...Yikes! I am not one to complain but the room was so dirty, I regret letting my toddler walk around barefooted.... in my picture you will see where I washed one of her feet and left the other one dirty...she only walked around in our room on the carpet. Gross! Will never ever ever book here ever again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mandtmommy
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Just right, quaint private beach, pet friendly, no free breakfast though, friendly staff
Price affordable for late June.
Great sunset view
Nice place to stop over before moving on to our next destination in Florida.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank hpgent
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We arrived at the motel in the evening and weren't very hopeful when we saw it. It looked a little dumpy and dark. Wehn we awoke the following morning, we completely changed our minds. The rooms were spacious enough for our family of 4 and the staff and other guests were VERY friendly. The private beach is a very nice feature. We drove to Pensacola Beach for a while but there's nothing like having your own space within 100 yards of a white sand beach! It's close to food and shopping and the affordability left us money to spend on souvenirs. I would stay here agian and recommend to anyone!

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for a room with a bay view. The alternative overlooks the parking lot and hotel next door.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family