“AVOID”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Gulf Breeze
Gluckstadt, Mississippi, United States
“AVOID”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We booked two rooms in May. The pictures looked great online, but they were very misleading....to say the least. The hotel itself was under major construction. When I sat on the bed, it collapsed under me. The picture you see of the beach....it is smaller than my backyard. I will have to say that the pool was clean and nice. Other than the pool, there has got to be a better place to stay. If I could have found another place that night, I would have moved!

Room Tip: To my knowledge, there isn't a good room.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Evelyn C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Was very disappointed with this property. We were here for a weekend with our family for vacation. The room was not well cleaned....comforters were dirty-we through them in the corner of the room, Carpets were very very gross- I would not even let my kids get off the bed because our feet became very dirty from just walking from one end of the room to the other. I asked for a crib and was brought a very dirty/dusty pack and play that was very old and wobbly- would not allow my baby to sleep in it, who knows what kind of sickness she would get and not to mention it may have collapsed on her. The cable was not working upon check in and the maintenance guy who came to fix it had quite and attitude. We had paid for 3 nights but after the first 2 nights I just could not handle it anymore, we were so uncomfortable from not having a crib to put our baby in and her having to sleep in the bed with us and then trying to constantly keep my kids off the carpets, we just could not relax and of course they would not refund me my 3rd night. The pool had dirty tiles all around it....clumps of hair in the deep end, no supply of towels. The only good thing I could say about this place was the view of the sunset was nice. Other than that it was a dump!

Room Tip: If you decide that this dirty property is a good place for you then I would atleast take a room faci...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Fl0r1dal0v3r

Travelers are raving about these Gulf Breeze hotels

Reviewed June 30, 2012

Stayed here 1 night and that is enough. Room is old, and it appears that they have only done the minimum to maintain. Toilet doesn't flush properly; tub is cracked; a/c didn't cool well. Cleanliness is below average. Private beach is small, and it is not nearly as nice as pictured. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank Grahamandjuli
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I Can Not Say One Good Thing About Anything There. If You Don't Read All Of The Bad Reveiws Then You Will Be VERY VERY SORRY. GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

Room Tip: GOOD LUCK, Find Somewhere Much Much Nicer To Stay Or You Will Be Sorry. The WORST EVER. Please Don...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank ghg w
Ocala, Florida, United States
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Absolutely one of the worst places I have ever stayed. First, the signs all over the hotel say it's a non-smoking property. Everywhere smells like old cigarettes. While I was checking in, a woman with her small, asthmatic daughter came in and asked for a different room because her daughter couldn't breathe. Secondly, the room was small, dirty and poorly maintained. Because there were three of us and the beds were doubles, not queens, we asked for a cot. When the cot arrived, there were FOUR springs sticking through the mattress. And if that wasn't enough, the next morning, we went to take showers and there was no hot water AT ALL. They only discounted our room $15 but it should have been free!!!!! We were there for surgery for our son and it was a "recommended" hotel by the surgery center, so needless to say, I told the scheduling people at the center to take that hotel off their list!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Lucy855
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Our family stayed here on June 22 - 26 2012! I read all of the reviews online, but thought that maybe these people have high standards, and that it couldn't be that bad. Well let me tell you I was WRONG! First off, the rooms are very outdated, and the carpet is discusting. We heard dogs barking all hours of the night, and don't attempt to walk in the grass outside because it has dog crap all in it. The beach area is not for kids! It had cigarette butts everywhere, and beer bottle caps in the sand. My kids kept stepping on them, and broken concrete that was everywhere. The kid pool looked like it had been peed in too many times as well! The last day we were there we woke up to no hot water, so my entire family had to take a cold shower. We asked when it would be fixed, and they said they would call our room to let us know. Well we never got the call! The only good thing was the beautiful sunset. I will never stay here again, and wish I would have listened to some of these reviews. Please if you want a clean hotel go somewhere else :(

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank threekids03
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed June 11, 2012

NO PRIVATE BEACH! There is a spot of sand that has been dumped out in the back where there used to be a boat ramp. Not safe for children. Rooms filthy with bugs, makeup, blood splattered. Staff wouldn't answer incoming calls from the room. However, they did answer my cell. The blankets had holes in them. 1 channel on the tv. And the hotel flooded. There was standing water everywhere being pumped out. I will NEVER ever stay there again.

Room Tip: DO NOT stay here!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Hampton Inn Pensacola Beach
Hampton Inn Pensacola Beach
#6 of 10 in Pensacola Beach
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pensacola Beach
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pe...
#3 of 10 in Pensacola Beach
Holiday Inn Express Pensacola Beach
Holiday Inn Express Pensacola Be...
#1 of 10 in Pensacola Beach
Hilton Pensacola Beach
Hilton Pensacola Beach
#7 of 10 in Pensacola Beach

Been to Quality Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!