“Greyt Venue - Accomodations, Price, Location”

Quality Inn and Suites
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Gulf Breeze
Pensacola, Florida, USA
“Greyt Venue - Accomodations, Price, Location”
Reviewed April 27, 2012

This the second year we have held our Annual Greyhound Fundraiser at this hotel. What a great place! This pet friendly hotel is on the Pensacola Bay facing the west for the most beautiful sunsets that overlook the private beach. The hotel has upgraded since last year and is still continuing to improve. The staff was great and the room was clean and comfortable. It is convenient to Pensacola Beach as well as Downtown Pensacola. What a great value! The onsite restaurant, Unique Cafe, is also fabulous! Next year's event is already booked!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Germantown, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 24, 2012

First off I saw this expedia 4/7 for starting at $80 a night. I called to reservce a room over the phone saying it said $80. I was told $119. I was tired and needed a room so agreed. When getting there the lobby looked ok etc... The Front desk man gets everything ready and wants me to sign a sheet with a $149 price. I questioned him and said Expedia says $80 I was willing to pay $119 but $149? What the heck! He said $149 was the price. I was getting mad, and then he agreed to the $119. When getting to the room we realized we should have paid $40 instead of $119 by the looks of it. There was at least a 1/2 inch gap between the door and floor. Anything could have crawled in and probably has. The carpet was dirty and had gian Iron prints all over it. The lamp shades looked like they picked the out of the trash. The walls had huge cracks in them. The only plus was the sheets on the bedding and pillows seemed cleaned. Luckily we stayed after 18 hours of driving and left early the next day for our real hote. Which Ironicaly was "MARGARITAVILLE" on the beach for $149 a night. Do you self a favor and go look at Margaritaville at $149 and this dump for $149 which is what the guy at front desk tried to charge me. I can't recomned this place. Needs major updating, cleaing, and better / honest front desk. This was a terrible way start what ended up being our Families best vacation ever. No thanks to thei "Crappy Hotel"

Room Tip: Don't get a room until they get new managment and REMODLE!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Gulf Breeze hotels

Fishers, Indiana, United States
Reviewed April 22, 2012

We've stayed in many Choice Hotels (Quality and Comfort Inns) and had even collected enough points for a free night. We didn't expect anything fancy but my God, where do I even begin with regard to this place? We reserved a suite on the Pensacola Bay side for one week. Beautiful view. Disgusting room. Palmetto bugs the size of your thumb for starters. We had to close the tub and sink drains. You had to crawl under the vanity to plug the coffee maker in. There was SAND and HAIR IN THE BED!!! It looked like someone had poured a coke out in the bathroom sink. I think the maintenance and housekeeping staff come from countries with lower standards - and that's fine, more power to 'em I say. But there is clearly a lack of training in housekeeping methods and no understanding that a higher standard is expected. To top the whole experience off a group of young men rented the adjoining suite and got good and liquored up. You can imagine what that was like. We stayed one night and got out first thing in the morning! Worst hotel experience in the 35 years my wife and I have been married. I've been in Motel 6 facilities that were nicer (not that I make a habit of staying in those either). Staff wasn't unfriendly but they weren't friendly either, rather indifferent.

Room Tip: no tips, this place needs a complete makeover from the bones outward or it needs to be torn down so...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mark T
Prattville
Reviewed April 20, 2012

This hotel is simply disgusting.The room smelled "staled" had to Febreeze it! My family and I noted socks from previous guest in our room.The refrigerator and microwave was nasty with molded food in both.We had to clean both before using them.The pool was filled with sand and grass. The gate surrounding the pool area is rusty and need painting.The next morning when inquiring about the breakfast we were told there is not a free continental brkfast,but we could order from the cafe nextdoor and receive a discount. Please do not stay here even for one night!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Political2
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed April 18, 2012

We have just completed our second year of our Greyhound 3 day charity event at Bay Beach Inn. As was the case last year, it was wonderful! The staff is the friendliest and most helpful of any I have worked with, going above and beyond. This is a large event with people coming from all over the country and this venue is perfect for us. It's pet friendly grounds are wonderful for the fur babies. Since coming under the banner of the Quality Inn last year, the improvements to grounds and rooms are ongoing and welcome. Bay Beach Inn is not an upscale resort..for that you may drive to Pensacola beach( 5 minutes away) and pay on average $250++ a night with 3 day minimum stay. Bay Beach is just a great value, with a wonderful location.
The Unique Cafe, located in the hotel has delicious food, great atmospere and the happiest, friendliest staff you could ever find. They also went out if their way to make sure everything we needed or asked for was done and with a smile.
We have set our dates for our event next year Bay Beach Inn and blocked 60 rooms, of which half have already been reserved:). I'm sure it will be another Great event......

Room Tip: Suites 256 thru 266 are large and are directly overlooking Pensacola bay..very private
Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank romana47
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed March 20, 2012

This hotel is in serious need of a remodel/deep cleaning. My friend and I stayed there two nights, and we had to call the front office to unclog the shower and the toilet (apparantly there was a drainage problem in our room). The room stunk like mold and wet dog, the television was fuzzy, and there was a dead roach in the corner. The only plus side to this hotel is that is was in close proximity to the beach. We paid for a bay view room, and all we could see was the swimming pool. I will say that the front office was very quick in having things fixed in the room (aka the shower and the toilet). The hotel was also in a good area as far as being close to Starbucks, Walmart, and other little places to pick up food. It was also close to beaches and shopping in the Gulf Breeze area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Ohio City, Ohio
Reviewed March 7, 2012

We just spent 2 nights there and really wish we had more time. I would definitely return. We stayed with our pets and thy had a lot of fun. We played in the ocean and walked on their beautiful, clean and plush grounds. We enjoy traveling with our pets and appriciated the ability to do so. We always clean up after our pets and ask all who read this do so as well so that they remain pet friendly for all pet lovers continued enjoyment. Rooms are clean, staff is friendly and the location is convenient. I personally feel it was a good $ value. Beautiful sunset view too! Fun buy day and plenty of romance ability, this place meets family or couples needs.

Room Tip: Go for the bayside view, awesome and truly beautiful.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Pensacola Grand Hotel
Pensacola Grand Hotel
#11 of 65 in Pensacola
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pensacola Beach
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pe...
#3 of 10 in Pensacola Beach

Been to Quality Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!