“Unique, Delicious ”

Papa Nalu Aloha Grill
Ranked #2 of 74 Restaurants in Gulf Breeze
Cuisines: Hawaiian, Polynesian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Pensacola, Florida
“Unique, Delicious ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

I really enjoy the food here. It's unique for the area, and fairly price. The service is usually slow, the side salads are completely lackluster, and it's not in an exciting atmosphere or building. The standout is definitely the food. I think they have great BBQ, wraps, and steaks.

Gulf Breeze FL
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great resturant for a date, with friends, or with family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

We eat here so often because the food is wonderful and reasonably priced. Their blackened grouper with slaw is the best I have ever had. Teriyaki chicken and steak with sweat potato fries are incredible. Don't forget to ask for extra Muana Kea Sauce. You won't be disappointed.

Visited June 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Hawaiian Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

She had the pineapple chicken bowl and I had the shrimp wrap. I can't remember the names, but they were both delicious! I also got an order of the Hawaiian sweet bread with a spicy pineapple sauce that was very tasty. It's a little hole in the wall place, but don't let that fool you. The food is amazing and the price is great. If you're in the area, definitely give this place a try.

1 Thank Tony F
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Something Different”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

We were looking for something different and laid back so we went to the Aloha Grill. The Staff was super friendly. We started out with the Musubi which is like a spam sushi roll. It didn't appeal to me that much. Then we waited almost forty minutes for our meals. I had the Kealoha plate and wow it was a whole lot of food for the price. The chicken was a bit dry and the steak was not very good though. My husband had the Mahi Taco and it was very good. The food was definitely different. It was a hit or miss though. Also if you are going to eat here make sure you allot enough time.

• Visited June 2014
INDIANAPOLIS, IN
“Ono!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014

We drove here from Ft Walton on the recommendation of my sister's friend who is Hawaiian. While we are not Hawaiian ourselves, my sister lived in Hawaii for a time and I am active in the Polynesian community where I live so we have both have had a fair share of Hawaiian food in our lives. The Papa Nalu Aloha Grill very much has the feel of a local café in Hawaii and the food tastes as authentic as any we've had either in Hawaii or the mainland. They even have Loco Moco with rice and macaroni salad on the menu.
The interior is decorated with mementos of Hawaii, surfing articles, and of course the requisite fish tank. Not elaborate but the kids were entertained walking around the restaurant to check it all out.
Our party shared orders of Asian Dumplings and Aloha Sitx (marinated beef skewers) that met with everyone's approval. Had to practically wrestle my nephew for the last dumpling (in the spirit of ohana we diplomatically agreed to split it,). I noticed that my mom and sister were well pleased with the pineapple chicken with Hala Kahiki sauce that they ordered. My dad had something he raved over but to tell you the truth I tuned out what everyone else had once I dug into my Maui Wowie. A kalua pork sandwich with Huli Huli sauce, Mauna Kea slaw and served on a sweet Hawaiian bread roll. I could have easily have made do with only half the sandwich but I ate the whole thing because I knew if I took the rest home, my brother-in-law would snarf it and I wasn't willing to give up A.SINGLE.BITE. It was that good. I was able to complement my meal with lilikoi (passionfruit) juice to drink. Heaven on earth for an islander wanna be, sigh.
My only regret was that they were out of haupia pie. I consoled myself with 2 excellent dessert lumpias with coconut and mango sorbets (I did share with the rest of the table, I'm not THAT much of a puaa). I've already told my sister that when I come back to visit her, a return trip is a definite on the itinerary. Next time we may even bring her spouse so he can get his own Maui Wowie.

• Visited June 2014