All reviews man made beach long pier outdoor shower and bath private pier artificial beach junior suite tuk tuk glorious days cookery course female assistant ample storage space young german wooden bridge hotel director new chef individual villas unwanted guests
Selected filters
Reviewed January 25, 2019 via mobile

Really beautiful hotel please check rhe pictures. Nice staff decoted to make your stay as pleasant as possible. Great food. Free Breakfast, frew laundry and free tuktuk to drop you in kep downtown. Pictures are not misleading: private sunset this hotel is definitely a MUST!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Jonathan_Manstein, Manager at Samanea Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2019

Dear 304aurelief, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed January 15, 2019 via mobile

Words and images cannot make justice to Samanea Beach and Spa Resort. Right on the edge of Gulf of Thailand, the Resort has 12 bungalows set in an beautiful green lush garden offering privacy. One of the highlights of our stay was the bold and brilliant sunset each late afternoon. Having dinner on the beach at sunset just completed the amazing experience!

Managed in a highly professionally manner the guests are indulged in an exquisite cuisine, beautiful bungalows with a luxurious garden bath tab~ shower outside your bathroom, a treat! Friendly and warm-hearted staff are a joy to have around, always smiling and attentive to your needs. A soothing calm, serene atmosphere touches your inner being.

We cannot thank you enough for your wonderful care and service, your hospitality made our trip even more amazing!

Lenuta Hellen Nadolu with Cornelia Nadolu

Sydney Australia

16 January 2019

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Lenuta N, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed January 14, 2019

We had a 4 night mini-break in Kep after nearly 2 weeks in Phnom Penh and honestly, we never wanted to leave. The resort is beautiful and we were fortunate enough to have the place almost entirely to ourselves. It was admittedly quite a lot more expensive but definitely worth it.

Our bungalow was clean and mostly bug free. We had a few lizards around the bathroom area but I think that's to be expected. Took a while to get used to the outdoor shower and I wasn't brave enough to use it at night but even this was always clean.

Staff were excellent, very friendly and happy enough to leave you alone during the day so you could relax.

Highly recommend the restaurant. Limited menu choice but the quality was superb. If you do want to venture out though, the crab market is a must and would suggest Kimly restaurant.

Don't miss the opportunity to watch the sunset from the beach/jetty/rooftop bar!

• Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear StaceyW31, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed January 13, 2019

If you want to splurge, you’ve come to the right place here. Very spacious property with villa’s scattered around the area. Everything is very private. So much so that I could not really tell how many villa’s there are. I think it’s only about 8 or so. The villa I had was a duplex, my side having a double bed and the other two twins. Interior is very nice with comfy couch, ample closet space and of course the bathroom which has the shower and bathtub (which is huge, by the way) in the open air. Service is very good without being in your face. If you want to be left alone, no one will bother you. They provided free laundry service is well a free tuk tuk ride to the bus station when I left.
The pool is huge with more than enough sun chairs around it. I never saw more than 4 people at the pool anyway. The artificial beach is also very nicely done but swimming in the sea is not practical. The water is very shallow first of all even at the end of the very long pier. And because of that, it’s also rather warm which makes for a not very refreshing swim. The pool more than compensates that though.
Only downside I found was that the duplex villas are not very sound proof so you can hear very well what’s going on at the other side. Also, the interior is rather dark because of being in the shade so you need to keep the lights on most of the time.

• Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear alberts956, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience; Indeed I remember that you stayed in one of the duplex villas and I apologize for the neighbors being a bit noisy. While we took action to make the rooms more soundproof this can occur from time to time but since most of our rooms are standalone and most of our guests are generally very quiet I am very sorry this occurred during your stay. Again, thanks for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again.If you contact me under director@samanea-resort.com I will be happy to make your reservation personally.

Reviewed January 12, 2019

Samanea is a beautiful resort and with some minor tweaks the rating will be higher. Actually it is a gorgeous resort. It is off the main highway down a dirt, nondescript road. Beautiful gardens, lush greenery, pretty koi pond and a nice pool make up this bungalow resort directly on the sea. There is a lot of walking to get to and around the resort and the bungalows are definitely Not handicap accessible. Even the smallest bungalow is a good size and pretty. The bathroom contains only a sink and toilet. If you want to bathe the shower and separate tub are OUTSIDE. To get to them you must walk on a pathway which is slippery when wet. Showering makes it very wet. Should you step off, your foot lands on very sharp stones. Breakfast is included with a set menu. If you have a special food need you will have to get someone from reception to translate. My first night I needed the mosquito netting as the bungalow was swarming and the floor had lots of bugs. The next morning I asked if there was any solution and the area was cleaned and sprayed. My 2nd full day I returned from touring to a room that was not cleaned at all. Reception told me they do not clean rooms unless the guest specifically asks! I asked. My room was cleaned however the doors and windows were left open, no screens, so my unwanted guests had returned. Housekeeping really needs to be better supervised.
A perk is free laundry service, next day return. This resort is new and with time I hope the service will match the beauty. By the way, I did have a roommate, a lizard lives behind the bathroom mirror.

Room tip: Make sure it is bug free before accepting your room if bug free is important to you.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear lorynl303, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. I apologize for the little issues you were facing and indeed I remember not being at the resort during your stay to take immediate action. I can ensure you that I have discussed this issue with my team and happy to tell that this has not occurred ever since. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again.