We stayed here for 3 nights. I was a little worried after reading the reviews. Booked directly after searching through Tripadvisor and checking websites. Communication was clear and fast (cash payment only, cc is 5% extra). Considered booking Knai Bang Chatt, but the bottom line was for 2 rooms (2 adults + 3 children) it was basically going to cost double the price. For some reason, spending more than US$300 a night in Kep just seemed too much. While not perfect Veranda has lots going for it. Staff was efficient, friendly, some very not super friendly but others definitely were. Check in was smooth, they carried our bags straight to our room (which was ready early), got coupon for a welcome drink (reception is just really small, an overhaul with a slightly more inviting reception would be good). We had an issue with a leaking aircon (older split unit) and it was picked up immediately and repaired. We stayed in the Deluxe Family Retreat, basically 2 separate bedrooms with each their own bath room and a huge shared balcony. We had room 10/11A. Drawback was it is situated right under the restaurant, and noise levels were quite high in the morning especially (preparing for breakfast). It started off pretty bad the first morning but considerably better the other nights. However, this room has great ocean views. The rooms are very spacious. Lots of closet space. No phone (would be handy), minibar, fairly large bathroom (but definitely needs upgrading, 4 different types of tiles, just not up to date). Slippers are provided. Aircons worked but not as cold as you would expect (although it was super hot), but cool enough to sleep (just not the 16C it was on). One extra bed was on the balcony but as it was hot, we basically put the mattrass on the floor in the other bedroom every evening. Bed was slightly firm. Two fans on the balcony. Hotel has a spa, pool bar, bakery / ice cream shop, shop next to reception that sells quite a bit of stuff, restaurant / bar. Prices are a little higher than average for Cambodia, but crab market is only a $2 tuk tuk away (we didn't walk). Swimming pool area is nice, although lots of tiles are coming off the pool floor with some sharper edges. About 16 beds around the pool which was sufficient while we were there but with all rooms taken, it probably won't. Pool towels definitely need to be replaced (they are thin, dry and turning yellow instead of white). Small kids area with some activities (9 am - 7 pm), which is great for a break and some quiet time. Breakfast was fine considering the size of the hotel, with a decent choice. Only drawback is that some construction was going on next to the restaurant, and they'll just get started whenever they wanted to (turned out to be 7 am) while people are eating their breakfast. This seems to be quite common as many places are upgrading due to increasing demand, but there is no real sense of timing and they'll just do whatever they want whenever they want. Would be normal to start at 9 am at the earliest, but obviously not in Cambodia / Veranda. Restaurant was fine (had 1 lunch there) but slightly overpriced compared to other options in Kep and we preferred to try many other different places (Kim Ly, Breezes, Holy Crab, Kep Saloon, L'Auberge de Wam). Hotel is helpful with changing US$ into smaller notes. Laundry is cheap (had my son's shorts washed after he slipped in the mud at the pepper plantation, got charged US$0.25). This resort has great potential but it needs to step up, upgrade facilities and think more with the international customer in mind. The rustic feel is fine for this area, but they need to push for some improvements. Views are great, Kep is lovely and still so quiet, laid-back, etc. The set up is good. Kids loved it, which is always an advantage. As somebody mentioned, they have all these rules but in the end most are common sense, others you take with a grain of salt and use your common sense. Not biggie. Would recommend it for sure as long as you're not expecting Thai / Indonesian 4/5*standards, they're just not there yet ...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HIDDEN below Kep National Park overlooking the Gulf of Thailand, Phu Quoc Island (Vietnam) and Bokor Mountain, you find a retreat dedicated to the finer things in life: beauty, tranquility and great food. Here, just a few hours from Phnom Penh airport, you feel light years away from the crowds, ready to experience the true Kep in its entire splendor. The retreat presents a unique concept with raised wooden walkways made of stones and wood connecting all our private bungalows in the resort. Visit some of the area’s most iconic attractions or find your own hidden gems. Or maybe just lounge by one of the biggest salt-water pools in Kep, enjoying views of natural surroundings including uncounted exotic fruit trees as the tropical breeze carries fragrances from nearby flowers from the wild mountains. Welcome to Veranda Natural Resort - enjoy your stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Veranda Natural Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Veranda Natural Hotel Kep
- Veranda Natural Resort All Inclusive