Veranda Natural Resort
$24
Agoda.com
$30
Travelocity
All reviewsinfinity pooltuk tukthe penthousephnom penhcrab markettree housebreakfast buffet isday bednational parklarge balconyrabbit islandseafoodreception areaocean viewsailing clubstayed longerbeautiful place
Reviewed January 16, 2013

set back in the hills of kep amazing views and amazing accomodation. Some bugs/geckos but nothing that will put you off. Rooms are amazing so clean and spacious and the scenery is breathtaking. Swimming pool is great size and the food is of v good standard. The service of the staff is exceptional and def makes the stay...good breakfast included too

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Having read some of the reviews I was slightly apprehensive arriving here but I ended up pleasantly surprised by our stay. This was our fourth hotel on a Cambodia tour and on paper was probably the worst rated.

As a family of four we had rooms 1 and 2 in the villa and they were fine. The seating area outside was really good and gave lots of space to relax in. The restaurant was large for the size of the hotel (it is used during the day for dining visitors) and always had a choice of tables. The food was nice and the service on the whole was very good.

Having read reviews of building work being undertaken I was wary of this but I have to say we saw little sign of it. There is some being undertaken but I think it is the luck of the draw if there is some near you when you stay.

We each had Spa treatments which were good value. The one bizarre observation is that the treatment room to the right hand side of the swimming pool is, on closer observation, actually a disused male toilet! I peaked behind the curtains and was confronted by urinals!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 12, 2013

This hotel had been booked for us as part of a trip so I had no pre-conceptions. The reception could have been a little better ie. we weren't given any information about the hotel or surrounding area, but the restaurant on the eponymous wooden veranda with a view to the sea was to die for!
They had perhaps the prettiest swimming pool I have ever had the good fortune to swim in, could have stayed there a week or more. Ours was one of the cheaper rooms, but you couldn't tell, excellent furnishings, shower etc. No view from our balcony, but for the price, we couldn't complain. Not quite sure about a louvre/saloon bar door on the toilet from our room, I prefer to have more toiletting privacy personally, but not a major problem in our case. The trip from the road up the hill in a tuk-tuk is not for the infirm or faint-hearted & they may have to do something about this in the long run, but I would go back there in a heart beat. A lovely town too, with a safe feel, we walked up some back lanes between the Sailing Club (a must for watching the sun go down whilst sipping happy-hour cocktails) & several brilliant seafood restaurants, but take a torch!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Kep is fantastic - quiet, relaxed but beautiful, amazing value for money and if you like crab - heaven! To top this off we stayed at veranda - was just a gorgeous place and so relaxing. Can't recommend it highly enough

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank GTkanga
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We stumbled upon the veranda after looking for somewhere to stay in Kampot. I had originally dismissed staying in Kep as I read on a forum that it was a great place to watch paint dry. I am glad I ignored this in the end as I think Kep was one of the nicest places we have stayed in Cambodia!

After an initial mix up with the booking in which we arrived from Phnom Pehn and were told that our booking on Agoda would not be honored as they were 'full'. The staff tried to put us in a nearby hotel but after some persistence from us and some creative manoeuvring from them a room was miraculously found. It was a two bedroom room with a huge terrace overlooking the water. It was magical!! After initially only wanting to stay one night we extended our stay to three unfortunately we had to move to a smaller room, the rosewood room that had no view (except of the car park). Despite this we still enjoyed the rest of our stay. The breakfast had an excellent amount of variety and the pool was great. There were also a number of nooks and crannies to relax and enjoy the view and a good book like in the library situated above the bakery.

There were some negatives about the place though that you might like to be aware of. Firstly the water pressure in both rooms we stayed in was non existent. In order to get hot water in the second room we were advised to let the water run for 10 minutes first! Also when we stayed there it was quite busy and on one occasion there were not enough pool loungers to go around. Also although I found the food and beverage staff to be very friendly and helpful we were not fans of the staff at reception, they could have been a bit more pleasant!

Initially I thought my review was going to be a negative one but after weighing everything up it really was a lovely relaxing stay. I would recommend the short 10 minute walk down the hill to the crab market to eat at the Kimly restaurant. The staff were very friendly and the food excellent!!

Room Tip: Ask if your room has a view, the rooms overlooking the water are well worth it
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple