“Great location and spacious”
Review of Q Bungalows

Q Bungalows
Ranked #9 of 32 Specialty Lodging in Kep
Reviewed August 30, 2013

My daughter Audi spent two nights here and enjoyed our stay. We loved that it was so close to Kep National Park. On our first afternoon, we walked through the park. We didn't realize it was so close when we booked our room. Glad it was because we had originally planned to go to the park the 2nd day. We would have been rained out, so it worked out well. Loved the food here...especially the fried spring rolls. Enjoyed the pool, and it was an easy walk to the crab market. The only drawback was the spotty wifi. With the thunderstorms, we were without service for over a day. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Shelley S
There are newer reviews for Q Bungalows

Reviewed August 27, 2013

As a backpacker I'm on a tight budget but decided to spend a few more dollars in Kep to get my own room in a place that had a pool, and I'm glad I did. It's a short tuk tuk ride from the bus station and within walking distance of the crab market (the main area with all the restaurants) and the national park which starts just up the hill. I chose the cheapest option - a wooden bungalow right at the back, but still had sea and mountain views. The staff even came and installed a router on my balcony so I could get a strong wifi signal! The wifi was pretty good too though seems to be turned off early evening. There are free bicycles to use (a great way to explore the town) and the pool is pretty big - it could do with a bit of a clean though or some chlorine, the dark tiles hid the fact that the water was quite cloudy, but I swam in it anyway, no probs. If you go for the wooden bungalows with shared bathrooms make sure you have a torch - all the lights are turned off by about 9 or 10pm and it's pitch black. The gates are shut at 11pm but it's a quiet town so you probably won't be out later anyway.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Staying at Q Bungalows was a highlight of our time in Cambodia. Kep is a quiet little town by the sea and Q provided a very comfortable base.

Each room is in its own little bungalow with a front porch area, windows on 3 sides, clean, bright, and spacious bathroom. They provide minifridges and water for guests. The restaurant fare is a pretty typical Western/Cambodian combination but everything we had was quite tasty. The coffee is instant but that's not atypical for this part of the world.

The grounds are immaculately maintained, very tidy and well landscaped. Each bungalow has a sea view given the high position in the hills. The pool was also kept quite clean and feels like an infinity pool onto the vista.

Staff were incredibly accommodating and exceptionally friendly (even for Cambodian standards). It's a small family run place that has a very peaceful vibe. Staff even went out of their way to give us a ride to Kampot when our bus was delayed. Really, they went above and beyond in their kindness and hospitality. Loved it, would definitely like to return. If you're on a backpackers budget this place is worth the splurge :)

Room Tip: Every room is good. The standard rooms are of a lesser quality (thatch huts rather than concrete str...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Rooms are very good, comfortable bed, large balcony and lots of space. stayed 3 nights and enjoyed the pool and friendly service.
Unfourtunatly the experience was let down a little by loud tv and children playing pool every breakfast.
I'm sensitive to noise and that's why I choose kep for my holidays.
I will return to q bungalows but I really hope the breakfast experience can be improved . .

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Neil W W
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in Kep only one night. Decided to have a look at this place as we were driving to another lodge nearby. Rooms were clean and spacious. Views to the water from all rooms. Q Lodge is located on the lower portion of the hillside in Kep and is walking distance from the Crab Markets. The rates for this place includes breakfast. There is a big pool at the complex.
Staff friendly. Bike hire available aswell.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Kehani H
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I stayed in one of the three fan bungalows, all of which are at the rear of the property. It was a pretty standard SE Asian wood bungalow with thatched roof. Clean, reasonably comfy bed. I did think that $15 for this, w/o an en suite bathroom was just a little spendy for a place not on the beach. The rather nice pool, however, did make up for a lot.

I thought the food was no better than average, although it's only about a 10 minute walk to the crab market. Pretty darn dark walk coming back after dinner though; I sprang for $1 to take a tuk-tuk.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I went there with my wife and 4 yrs son and we were enjoy that place so much. The bungalows located near Crab market (Kep City) just walk around 10mn or few minutes by moto-taxi.

When I first arrived, what I feel so fresh is the bungalows located near the mountain which we can see the view of the sea, a nice swimming pool which is include small pool for the kids, a welcome staff, and beautiful room.

We paid $25 for a night bungalows stay which is next to the pools, sea views, including breakfast. The Bungalows also have restaurant which we can order food/drink (but not many choice)

It's very easy to find moto-taxi as the staff can arrange for us or we can take bicycle which offer free from the Bungalows itself.

Room Tip: Choose the room next to the pool which is nice view
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family