“Truly an outstanding place to stay”
Review of Bacoma

Bacoma
Ranked #1 of 32 Specialty Lodging in Kep
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights in September and can honestly say only good things about this place.
It was clean, incredible value, brilliantly run and the food was fantastic.

The beds were large and comfortable, everything was spotlessly clean and for only $9 a night was a steal.

Michael and his family were also lovely and were willing to help with organising anything you want. Fountains of knowledge on almost anything you desire!

I ate here two of the three nights I was there and every breakfast and was amazed by the quality, value and service on offer.

All in all, this is easily the best place I have stayed in Cambodia and cannot recommend it enough. If only trip advisor had 6 stars.

• Stayed: September 2013

Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Astounding value, food and service. The guy behind reception is superb, helpful, has banter and sorts everything out. Brilliant place.

Slow responding to email so just turn up. 10 dollars a night for a hut. Impeccable cleanliness too

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We booked here simply because we met someone who had stayed here and said it was their favourite place in Cambodia. We hadn't actually planned on going to Kep but we are so glad we did!

Bacoma is situated just a couple of minutes walk from the Crab market and it set in the prettiest gardens we have seen so far in SE Asia.

We decided on the basic bungalow which at only 10USD per night was a steal. The bathroom is shared, often not just with other guests but with a little wildlife :). I actually saw the most amazing gecko I have ever seen in my life here and am just bummed I didnt get a photo.

The hosts are warm and welcoming and their little son is so cute.

The food is amazing and made to order. It is so fresh and delicious we ended up eating here a couple of the days.

The large communal space and the cinema room are awesome for chilling out and we spent most of our time lazing on the sofas in the sunshine. This is really a place to get away from it all and just chill out!

They have bicycles free to use so we cycled into Kep one of the days - there isnt really much to it but the cycle is pretty nice along the seafront.

Our favourite thing was the proximity to the Crab markets, both my boyfriend and I have agreed that the meal we had there was one of the best we have had on our trip around the world. We went to Sokheang (sp?) which is right next to Sunset restaurant and it was AMAZING! If you stay at Bacoma you have to go here and try the fried crab with Khmer sauce and the Shrimp Tom Yum. Soooo good.

We loved it here and would recommend it to anyone wanting to chill out.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Annie M
Reviewed August 23, 2013

This is the fifth month now that I am traveling around in South East Asia and I have been to many places which I really liked, but this was the most perfect one! My stay at Bacoma turned out to be like I had been invited to the ranch of my best friend. The owner Michael and his family were happy to see me and did everything to make me feel comfortable. I got a five star service for backpacker price, in a beautiful and peaceful environment. Bacoma is a good place for families with little children - Michael and Seraina have a lively son of five themselves. Further for honeymooners, solo travelers, for people seeking peace, a good night sleep and have pleasure in nature. For people who appreciate cleanliness, orderliness, good food. And also good movies, as Michael is an expert with a huge collection which you can watch on a big screen. It is not a place for loud party animals, big drinkers, roughnecks and freeloaders. I would like to mention this as I wish that Bacoma remains like it is and everybody has such a good time here as I did and the people who stayed same time and before. I'll plan to return for a longer time next year. In addition would like to highlight the food, which is freshly made, healthy, a right portion and very tasty. All this for an affordable price. Bacoma is just amazing, I love it!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Great small and cosy place. We went there in July so it was raining a lot but this was almost better because it was nice and breezy. Everything is open but sheltered off too. There is a movie screen outside, a pool table, and a bunch of lounging chairs. For only 5USD a night per person, I could not believe how good the rooms were. Massive bed with mosquito net, fan, and a cool ventilation system at the top of the bungalow to keep it cool. Micheal owns the place and he is a fantastic host. We drank with him all night at the bar and had a great time. Definitely recommended. The location is fine as well, Kep isn't exactly the biggest happening place so Bacoma is a nice place to spend the evening and relax with friends. The only problem was that the shower was cold.

Room Tip: Just get the bungalow without a bathroom. The shared bathroom is absolutely fine, it's clean and...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

A perfect place to stay, it has it all. It is new and beautiful. The little huts are gorgeous. The set up is stunning. The owner and his family are so friendly and helpful.. And the food, :)) You wont want to leave this place! It really has it all!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Great place to stay as a base for traveling around Kep, and even Kampot. Very close to the delicious Crab Market too!

Michael, his wife & their kid are very friendly and entertaining. We ended up staying for five nights, despite being rained in and not being able to do much, as the family were so welcoming and it felt almost like home staying at Bacoma.

The chill-out, restaurant/cafe area is a great place to watch the rain, use the wifi or hang out with the family. The 'cinema' in particular was a favourite of ours as we were able to watch a movie every night (sometimes even two movies!).

Bungalows were cute and 'hobbit-like' with a mosquito net. Ample hooks for hanging clothes too. A rarity!

Three bathrooms between 5 bungalows meant no waiting times. These bathrooms were huge too, again with a great number of hooks for clothes, and were cleaned everyday first thing.

All in all, an amazing stay. Thanks Michael & Family.

Emma & Lionel