“Paradise”

Spring Valley Resort
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Kep
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I am here now for the fifth time in 6 months. Really super place to escape from the noise of the big cities........all around me I see only treesand flowers and to sound of singing birds. The resort has all kind of fruit trees as manosteen, jackfruit, bananas, passionfruit, mango coconut and even durian. just like prardise.....No tuk tuk or blowing horns from cars and moto.

Room Tip: I always stayed in the pagoda rooms but I guess they all are super
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Spring Valley Resort

Reviewed March 19, 2014

I could not be more impressed with this place. We originally went with our 6 month son and returned a few weeks later as it was such a wonderful stay. The grounds are gorgeous. Different tropical fruit growing from the trees, canopies of bougainvillea..it's just beautiful! The pool is fab, food is great (Mr Mab's street food night on Saturday is a MUST for new visitors) but the highlight of this place is most definitely the staff. So attentive, so friendly - they are the reason we will keep returning to Spring Valley.

Oh and the breakfast is DELICIOUS! Homemade chocolate and pepper bread?! (not together, that would be weird)

The only con would be that some of the rooms are a bit basic. But the air con was awesome.

It's also a super short walk to the now white sand beach! :)

Room Tip: The sea room views are far more stylish! (and have stunning views!)
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank CambodianMic
Reviewed March 18, 2014

This review is a little late, having stayed in January for an 8 day period. My friend and I spent 3 weeks traveling around in Cambodia and initially booked 4 nights at SVR towards the end of our trip. Having both been to Cambodia on several occasions, but never KEP, we looked forward to our visit and splashed out on SVR, intending to relax and make the most of the stunning setting. We could not have been more overjoyed when we arrived and immediately amended our booking to stay for 8 nights and therefore the rest of out trip. Rooms have all you need and the round pagoda style rooms are fabulous for views - try to get a top floor and you have a 360 balcony. The pool is fabulous, the staff are polite and helpful at all times, the food (whilst limited) is authentic Cambodian fare, and I would particularly recommend the street food evening, very enjoyable. Kep itself might not be for those looking for adventure and late nights, but it's a perfect retreat from the craziness of PP and SV. We enjoyed our stay so much, I am tempted to go back to Cambodia simply to stay at this lovely resort hotel again. A special mention to the engaging and welcoming 'hosts', a lovely couple from Italy who go the extra mile to keep the guests at SVR happy. We had a great time and enjoyed many happy hours bantering, drinking fabulous cocktails, whilst sat in the bar playing cards. I've never reviewed on TA before, but this place really was so fabulous, I had to.

Room Tip: Top floor of any of the rooms, but particularly the pagoda style rooms for 360 degree views. Hotel w...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 16, 2014

PRO's
- BEAUTIFUL landscape tucked away in the tropical trees
- AMAZING pool with close to the front desk and "Mr. Mab" restaurant :)
- HELPFUL staff during daytime and could order food near poolside
- SPACIOUS rooms with very good air conditioning and mini fridge
(Ocean view on 2nd floor)
- EXCELLENT free breakfast served early morning
- GREAT food served for our afternoon snacking
- English speaking owners very kind and welcoming

CON's - only a few minor annoyances
- Wifi signal weak inside rooms (EASY for them to boost signal if owners purchase a couple wifi boosters to cover whole resort)
- No phones in any of our rooms, making room service a much less convenient
- Nobody at front desk during night time(11pm) when going out to find wifi password had to wake up guy sleeping in side room, only to find he did not know password either and spoke no English at all
- Very dark while trying to walk through at night and was easy to lose your way and not safe walking around at night
- No security at night, although a somewhat safe location, as a guest in a unfamiliar area it is comforting to know there are eyes watching the entrance
- Found very small ants in the room, nothing terribly bad, but if staying for a few days with food you may want to store it very well to avoid the ants finding it
- No elevator

CONCLUSION

Overall a great place to stay and price was somewhat reasonable for a 3-star hotel. I would stay again, but would want to be closer to the pool area in order to get a stronger wifi signal. I try to point out everything I see and give a fair review, the weak wifi signal in the room was the only flaw that really mattered to me. All flaws mentioned could easily be fixed. The others did not bother me at all, but in order for a fair review I must point them out to help the potential visitors understand what they may likely find once they arrive. Thanks for reading! Safe travels :)

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Beautiful spot in the mountains of Kep, view on sea with a beautiful green garden and swimming pool. Rooms are really okay but basic. Staff is very friendly and willing to help you with all kinds of questions. A must go if you wanna stay in Kep!!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sara W
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Someone asked me what my idea of heaven is ... I would suggest Spring Valley. It is a great place with a lovely swimming pool and set in great area full of trees and flowers. If you ask for a fruit juice, just point at one of the trees bearing mango's, passion fruit or whatever you might fancy. The fruit is plucked, mixed, shaken and stirred! What more could you wish for. Thanks Cinzia & David for being such great hosts! I just loved the breakfast with the fresh pancakes and great Italian bread. I kept on coming up for more.

Room Tip: Though the rooms are pleasant, we would like to comment that the bathroom perhaps is not totally up...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 4DKarin
Reviewed March 8, 2014

We arrived here with no expectations however I really can't fault this place. The location is a very short walk to the beach but set in a lovely area amongst the trees, the rooms are clean, and have a beach house feel, the staff are some of the nicest I have ever come across and that is saying something considering how great service is everywhere in Cambodia. The hotel put on a 'street food' party on the night we arrived which was just a fantastic experience. I'm writing this as I sit besides the pool and I can honestly say that this is a 5 out of 5 experience. I think it would be just as great for families as it is for a couple. To make it all better we actually got this place at a rate that was much cheaper than most other places we looked at first. All in all - FANTASTIC.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple