“Crab, Shrimp, Fish, Squid ... I like it all”
Review of Trei - CLOSED

Trei
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: In the middle of the crab shacks at Kep Crab Market, Trei is a clean, atmospheric restaurant that goes a little further than its neighbours. It serves the same seafood and crabs fresh from the sea that laps the restaurant's dining platform but is a little cleaner, is more tastefully decorated and in addition to that standard crab shack fare offers delicious salads and appetizers. Prices are no higher than the other restaurants in the Market though the dining experience feels classier. It's located next to the Toucan bar.
Austin, Texas, United States
“Crab, Shrimp, Fish, Squid ... I like it all”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I ate here a couple times during my stay in Kep and really enjoyed the food. I tried everything from boiled crab to shrimp and squid and liked everything I tried. The seafood was very fresh! The sunset is also very good from the deck.

If you want to read more and see pics about Trei check out my blog at http://bit.ly/McAN2i

• Visited February 2014

Tokyo
“Fabulous pepper crab in great setting”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I dined at four different restaurants in Kep's crab market. All of them were great, but I had my best meal at Trei. The pepper crab here beat out the one at La Baraka, which was also outstanding. The papaya-mint shake was the best tropical-fruit shake I've ever had anywhere. Like all the other crab-market restaurants, Trei has outdoor seating right on the water, from which you can watch the sun set over the ocean. The staff was friendly, the service was speedy, and the prices were reasonable. I'd definitely go again.

• Visited February 2014
Perth WA
“Great for lunch”
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

We had a delicious lunch at Trei. It was a seafood platter for $12 US. One crab, large piece of grilled fish ( no bones), four prawns and a good serve of squid. We sat overlooking the water, enjoying the view of passing fishing boats. The restaurant was very clean, service friendly and there was a spotless western style toilet. Beers were icy cold and fresh fruit salad and coffee topped off our meal.

Visited February 2014
Essaouira, Morocco
“Loved it! Wonderful bbq squid & mango salad!!”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

There are many restaurants at the Crab Market to choose from and picking them was something of a lottery for us. On our 2nd night we settled on "Trei". We liked it so much we went back our 3rd night in Kep. I'm posting this review as we are just back from the restaurant.

The ambience is quiet, not loud and noisy like some others. It is not a "party" restaurant. The service was great, the food EXCELLENT. Nicely presented, great tasting. I loved their mango salad, their bbq squid was wonderful. It was a lovely relaxing evening, with great food and great service. Prices were also very reasonable.

We looked at the famous and popular Kimlys, but it was far too crowded for our taste. Also it could not do the dishes we really hankered after : bbq squid and green mango salad.

Try it!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank aclpjm
Melbourne, Australia
“Great food and service”
Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

All the restaurants on the water at the Crab Market look "same same". We went as in trip advisor and was great. As we walked past the other restaurants at the end of our meal, most where empty whilst Trei had been full!

Visited January 2014