“Best pizzas in town.”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Best pizzas in town.”
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

If you fancy pizza come here - delicious. Service, drinks and food fantastic. Nice quite area in Kep just back from the beach with good deck to view the world passing by

Seattle
“Good Carbonara”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Had penne al carbonara here and it was quite tasty. I will say the bacon seemed more like Canadian bacon than streaky bacon, but that's not a complaint. I think I liked it better than your usual carbonara. Limited selection of wine by the glas but my red wine was perfectly acceptable.

• Visited November 2012
Phnom Penh
“Not a pleasant experience”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

The woman who served me acted like I was causing her a great disservice by walking into the restaurant. I should have just walked out then..

I had the mushroom and cheese pasta - which I wanted Penne but the waitress didn't ask me which type of pasta so it came out as spaghetti.

It tasted like a continental packet mix that my I ate for lunch on weekends when I was a kid.

If it only cost $1 I wouldn't have cared, but a place such as Pasta e Basta seems to be going for a certain prestige/ foreigner appeal.

Honestly, rude staff and poor food won't win you either of those.

• Visited October 2012
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“We don't see the view of the Gulf of Thailand...”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

... we can't take our eyes away from the wonderful food on our table, or each others faces of total enjoyment. The seascape view can wait until we finish our meals, and the conversation about it after about how amazing it was - - - - AGAIN!
I am both a skilled chef, and of Italian descent (family from NYC), so I know proper Italian food when I taste it.
I now live in central Cambodia spending a couple of years working here. There is so much about Cambodia and the Khmer people that is so special. My worst days here are still better than most average days when I live in the US.
I thoroughly enjoy the varieties of Asian foods I can have and make here. But sometimes my tastebuds really need a bit of home. And for me, a huge part of that is some kind of pasta or other Italian fare.
There are good places in Phnom Penh, which is a LOT closer to my home than Kep. Kep isn't even on the way to somewhere I go to just stop off even. So it's a very special thing to go there. And if I must be honest, I have used 'needing to get away' as an excuse to 'well, as long as we're going to Kep to relax, might as well stop at Pasta E Basta too'. Yeah, who am I kidding. There's amazing crab, shrimp, and other seafood that will just melt your life. And Kep is so beautiful and quiet. But Pasta E Basta is an absolute must. Let me stress, MUST!
We've been in Kampot and other places sort of close and said; "Well, since we're this close, might as well just go to Kep for some Italian!"
We always try to go during the low season, so yeah, the presence of 'tourists' and other diners are pretty spare. But that's not a bad thing. I don't have to wait for a table. The food comes really quick. No place is crowded. And the restaurants are all very appreciative of your coming during their lean time.
I'm not going to say which are my favourite dishes. You must go and try and enjoy and review for yourself. Enjoy.

• Visited March 2012
Hamburg
“Great pizzas, galettes and beachviews”
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Very nice restaurant on Kep Beach, view of the beach and ocean and the going ons on the "plaza". The pizzas and salty pancakes (galettes) are delicious, the service attentive. Good breakfasts as well. Go and enjoy!

• Visited April 2012