“Amazing, helpful, friendly staff”
Review of Kimly Lodge

Kimly Lodge
Ranked #18 of 32 Specialty Lodging in Kep
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Amazing, helpful, friendly staff”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights in August 2012. We got a double room with a fan for 10 USD per night. The rooms are really clean and the staff are amazingly helpful (insist on carrying bags etc without expecting a tip). It is about 5 minutes walk from the Crab Market and less than 30 seconds from the seafront and Kep Sailing Club which has the most amazing sunsets. They also have some beautiful bungalows for about $25/30.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ian R

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
UK
Reviewed June 24, 2012

I stayed there for 10 days in August 2011 and 2 weeks in August 2010. I had the same beautiful A/C bungalow both times. They only have 5 bungalows (and a few guest rooms now it seems) set in a lovely garden just 2 minutes from the sailing club.

Sreymao who runs the place always takes care to update the rooms and keep everything looking wonderful. The food there is great as it comes from her mother's restaurant down by the crab market and the portions are huge.

I love the gardens with the 2 ducks waddling around.
I meant to add a review ages ago but it is never too late.

Room Tip: Rooms 1, 2 & 3 all have AC. Rooms 4 & 5 are the same size but with fan. Room 3 has 2 beds. t...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank HSRI
Shanghai, China
Reviewed March 4, 2012

quite convenient location close to the crab market, simple clean rooms, an ok value for $25 in an air con room. breakfast is not included and the menu is slightly overpriced. our room did have some problems - water heater was broken, and a hose tap had a leak.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 15, 2012

We stayed in a bungalow and found the room to be attractively designed and furnished, and very clean and comfortable. The staff were always on hand to assist and provide service with a smile. We thought the rooms for US$20/night (without air conditioning) was really value for money here. Their coffee was great and the food was good too (same menu as their popular Kimly Restaurant at the crab markets). It's not located on the waterfront (a short few minutes stroll to the crab markets), but the serene ambience and decor of the rooms and surrounding garden makes Kimly Lodge a pleasant, peaceful and relaxing stay that reflects the ambience of Kep.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 5, 2012

The location is well situated-- very close to crab market and the sea. The gardens and bungalows are also very nice. I stayed in the guest room (cheaper) and here is where a few things went wrong.

- The toilet was dirty when I arrived. That was very unpleasant and when I told the manager she sent the cleaner girl who returned and lied that nothing was wrong. I first thought it was because she didn't look closely enough but I went to the room with the girl and noticed that she did a quick wipe down with paper. But you could still see the outlines of old urine stains. This was gross and I was not happy that she was just lying or trying to cover up her not doing the work properly. So I had to stay in the bathroom and supervise her cleaning.

- The cleaner took my own towel from the room. I guess she thought it was the lodge towel and that's an innocent mistake but when I asked for it they couldn't find it. Finally when I was leaving, they gave it back to me drenched. Since I was flying out that day, I had to leave the towel because it was not suitable to be packed into luggage.

- My laundry was also returned wet so I had to wear my old, dirty clothes. This was also when I was leaving so I couldn't do much about it.

- The sheets smelled. I am probably very sensitive with scents and the sheets smelled like wet laundry that was not probably dried. It was a $20 room and in Kep that should bring reasonable cleanliness which it didn't here.

Guest rooms are new and look clean in general but the episode with the toilet completely made me question whether things were really clean. It looks like the lodge is not very experienced with inn services because most of the work was poorly done or just not done.

I stayed here because of other reviewer's positive feedback and it was affordable but it was not worth it. There are much better places for just a few bucks more, like le flamboyant and kep lodge.

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank Epikorean
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Having stayed at a number of places in Kep, this might be my new favorite. We had a lovely bungalow with a fan. The accommodations were clean and comfortable and the setting was simply lovely. The beds + pillows were really comfortable. The staff were very friendly, welcoming and helpful- attending to our every need. The location is also ideal, as its right next to the sailing club and just a few minutes from the crab market. I highly recommend this place!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 1, 2011

I am currently staying at this lovely little place in an air conditioned bungalow for $25 per night. It is really lovely inside. The shower could only get to a smidge over lukewarm and while I was cat napping the elec cut out so I woke in a lather of sweat but the lovely owner had that fixed in a trice. I'm leaving the best tip last- yes this place serves up the same fabulous food from it's sister restaurant - will try pepper crab here for dinner if it rains- will no doubt be as good as the coconut milk and spiced prawns I scoffed at lunch!! This place is great if u. Like good food and peace and quiet.

• Stayed October 2011