The location is well situated-- very close to crab market and the sea. The gardens and bungalows are also very nice. I stayed in the guest room (cheaper) and here is where a few things went wrong.
- The toilet was dirty when I arrived. That was very unpleasant and when I told the manager she sent the cleaner girl who returned and lied that nothing was wrong. I first thought it was because she didn't look closely enough but I went to the room with the girl and noticed that she did a quick wipe down with paper. But you could still see the outlines of old urine stains. This was gross and I was not happy that she was just lying or trying to cover up her not doing the work properly. So I had to stay in the bathroom and supervise her cleaning.
- The cleaner took my own towel from the room. I guess she thought it was the lodge towel and that's an innocent mistake but when I asked for it they couldn't find it. Finally when I was leaving, they gave it back to me drenched. Since I was flying out that day, I had to leave the towel because it was not suitable to be packed into luggage.
- My laundry was also returned wet so I had to wear my old, dirty clothes. This was also when I was leaving so I couldn't do much about it.
- The sheets smelled. I am probably very sensitive with scents and the sheets smelled like wet laundry that was not probably dried. It was a $20 room and in Kep that should bring reasonable cleanliness which it didn't here.
Guest rooms are new and look clean in general but the episode with the toilet completely made me question whether things were really clean. It looks like the lodge is not very experienced with inn services because most of the work was poorly done or just not done.
I stayed here because of other reviewer's positive feedback and it was affordable but it was not worth it. There are much better places for just a few bucks more, like le flamboyant and kep lodge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kimly Lodge is located near the sea and the sailing club, not to far from the Crab Market. The quality constructed bungalows are set among lush flowers and fruit trees. Some come with fan or air/con, all have en suite bathrooms, hot water shower, comfortable beds and a large balcony to relax. The restaurant serves a wide range of Khmer and western dishes and the bar offers you a wide range of inexpensive cocktails, beers and wine. The Kimly Lodge is under the same management like the famous Kimly Restaurant at the Crab Market. The Manager Srey Mao takes very good care of the customers and makes sure your stay will be perfect from the beginning to the end. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Kimly Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.