“Crabaliciois”

Cuisines: Asian, Cambodian, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We are big shellfish fans and the meal certainly didn't disappoint, the speciality kampot pepper crab is a real taste of cambodia. Staff were very friendly as well. It's a proper Cambodian restaurant so don't expect fancy decor or nice bathrooms! You go here for the crab.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,044)

Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Without a doubt the green pepper crab is the most tasty crab I have ever eaten (and I've eaten a lot of crabs in my time)
Head down for a killer sunset and enjoy the endless array of food choice
Quick service, family buiness
A must visit!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

This place has been talked up in a well known guide book and gets some rave reviews on this and other review sites. I for one don't know why. The location is no different from a half dozen or more other crab market restaurants along this strip. The actual venue - 'decor' etc. is no different to any of the others so all this enthusiasm must be for the food. We had four different mains - crab, prawn,squid and one mixed dish. They were all very tasty but there was no real "wow" factor for any of the dishes. The crab was a stand out but seeing as they all get their supplies from the same local source I don't see why the crab at this place would be so much more awesome than the other restaurants. As I didn't eat at any of the others along this strip I can't comment on this further.
You will get a good meal here, probably a bit over priced and in my opinion they are trading on the good fortune of getting a write up in a particular travel guide.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

We chose here based on the reviews and the food did not disappoint, absolutely amazing crab and the green pepper was awesome. The only odd this thing was that all three of the waitresses stood by us the whole time while we were eating the messy crab which made us feel a little awkward! Was definitely worth it though for our first experience of eating fresh crab and its really nice to sit right on the sea.

Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

We had the kampot pepper crab and there was loads on the plate. It tasted lovely lovely and we left happy.
Later that night and thankfully in our room I was really unwell. This continued thru the night and then after trying to stomach a rehydration sachet in the morning was then ill again, the other way this time!
It was fairly highly priced compared to the swanky sailing club where we ate another night for the same price.
I would have scored it higher had I not been so ill after eating there.