“Good but not great”

Cuisines: Asian, Cambodian, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This place has been talked up in a well known guide book and gets some rave reviews on this and other review sites. I for one don't know why. The location is no different from a half dozen or more other crab market restaurants along this strip. The actual venue - 'decor' etc. is no different to any of the others so all this enthusiasm must be for the food. We had four different mains - crab, prawn,squid and one mixed dish. They were all very tasty but there was no real "wow" factor for any of the dishes. The crab was a stand out but seeing as they all get their supplies from the same local source I don't see why the crab at this place would be so much more awesome than the other restaurants. As I didn't eat at any of the others along this strip I can't comment on this further.
You will get a good meal here, probably a bit over priced and in my opinion they are trading on the good fortune of getting a write up in a particular travel guide.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,065)

Reviewed June 22, 2013

We chose here based on the reviews and the food did not disappoint, absolutely amazing crab and the green pepper was awesome. The only odd this thing was that all three of the waitresses stood by us the whole time while we were eating the messy crab which made us feel a little awkward! Was definitely worth it though for our first experience of eating fresh crab and its really nice to sit right on the sea.

Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

We had the kampot pepper crab and there was loads on the plate. It tasted lovely lovely and we left happy.
Later that night and thankfully in our room I was really unwell. This continued thru the night and then after trying to stomach a rehydration sachet in the morning was then ill again, the other way this time!
It was fairly highly priced compared to the swanky sailing club where we ate another night for the same price.
I would have scored it higher had I not been so ill after eating there.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Kimly seriously serves the best food at the market (not counting the sacks of crabs you can get round the corner for $3). Met a few travellers and everyone who ate here said the same thing AMAZING. The sword fish and sting ray and particularly good. Also the large portions are REALLY large, I ordered one and couldn't finish a fried shrimp and noodle. Eat here...

Reviewed June 6, 2013

A really nice meal for two. Ask for the crab meat only if you want the chef to strip it , not so authentic this way but saves the hassle and they are more than pleased to help. NZ Sauv $12 is worth it. Bring tissues not the best toilet in town.