“Great Setting”

Sailing Club
Ranked #3 of 65 Restaurants in Kep
Cuisines: Diner, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Sailing Club is part of the resort Knai Bang Chatt.
Shanghai, China
“Great Setting”
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

Well it would have been better if I hadn't chosen to come here on the only night I spent in Kep when there was no real sunset, but that is not the restaurant's fault! The setting would be amazing on a good night and 4 out of 5 nights spent in Kep the sunset was good. The atmosphere of the place is relaxed, the service good, happy hour cocktails good value and the food, although pricier is not outrageously expensive. I thoroughly enjoyed my meal and would advise anyone visiting Kep to go there.

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank Roux

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Singapore
“Give this one a miss!”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Nice setting but food was awful, fish was rotten, other dishes did not match the description on the menu. Might be ok for a drink but there are better places for a meal.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank SingaporeNomad76
Joffrey G, General Manager at Sailing Club, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Hi Dear Guests all the way from Singapore,

I could not agree more on your comments. Our fish does not look good at all.

Therefore - it is our Chef 's cooking style. I have mentioned to him already and he is working on his Art's skills!....but it does taste amazing thought!

Saying that: Our fish are NOT rotten - Can't believe either that you would leave a restaurant without talking to Mr Seila our F&B Manager & our Chef which are always at the restaurant. They are easy to approach and would have dealt with your issue with great manners.

Why don t you try again?

Regards,

Joffrey GRIS
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sailing Club in Kep”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I used to like this place for the drinks and the amazing sunsets but the last time I went it was pretty disappointing. During raining season it's just not worth it, it was completely overcast, raining and no sunset. Do NOT under any circumstance order the cocktails- they come in the smallest glass I have ever seen and it wasn't even strong. Just stick to beer. The food is good, but my friends beef was undercooked so maybe check it. Prices are okay- I recommend going during happy hour. If you get a chance to go in high season when it's not raining- definitely go there.

• Visited July 2013
Joffrey G, General Manager at Sailing Club, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thanks Carlijn from Phnom Penh - Cambodia.

What do you think if I am telling you that those little Cocktail glasses are gone now and have been replace by more generous cocktail glasses. Would you come back?

Regarding your Steak - Did you know that we have an amazing manager called Mr Seila and a Chef - Mr Hour which could have care more about your order if you would have told them.

Next time: Don t hesitate to inform us of your bad experience before leaving.

Accept my sincere apology and hoping to see you again soon

Joffrey GRIS
New York City, New York
“fantastic activity and relax center”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Next door of Knai Ban Chatt (the Resort) the super relaxing Saling Club. we used their bikes, catamarans and kayak. Their food is easy and relaxing but very good. Drinks are wonderful and all is not expensive. Great place to be, well managed by Knai Ban Chatt and a good mix of tourists and local expats.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank worldtraveller062
“Cute place bad experience”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

My husband and I decided to celebrate our 4 year anniversary here today. The experience was horrible...Sadly they asked us for reservations even though the restaurant was empty with only 1 other couple seated. They gave us seats farthest away from the water, which by then we were fine with since the sunset was already over. They told us it was happy hour so we ordered cocktails. I ordered crab and my husband ordered the seafood patter. 20 minutes later they told us there was only enough crab for 1 of our meals. So my husband opted to change his crab portion for extra prawns. Clearly they didn't have enough crab for even my meal because the portion was very small. My husband was stuck with 4 prawns, 1 small squid, and a small cut of fish for his dish. Apparently they were low of prawns too for them to only give him 2 prawns to replace the crab. Then we got our bill and were charged for every cocktail! It wasn't buy one get one free even though they told us it was. We gave up trying and didn't even bother trying to get the bill fixed. The date was ruined with no way of making it any better. They didn't have enough change for our bill either so they got a big tip. We are very relax people and never give bad reviews. But this was just a bitter experience for our anniversary.

We decided to come to the Sailing Club because we've gone 2 other times. Both times were fantastic experiences. That's why I'm still giving them a 3 out of 5. I had the crab the first time we had lunch there and it was amazing and larger portions compared to our anniversary experience. Give it a chance because it can be great.

• Visited July 2013
Joffrey G, General Manager at Sailing Club, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Mia B,

Thanks for taking the time to share with us your desapointment with us.

Would you give us a second chance? My staff must have send you already an email to invite you back and make sure that this time.....you should get the Sailing Club Service experience.

See you soon!