“what a find”

Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Kep
Portland, Oregon
“what a find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

I scored a last minute discounted booking on the Vanna Hill and what a wonderful piece of heaven I found. Everything was lovely--the staff, the beautiful pool, the generous breakfast, the location (up the hill for a little view but still an easy walk to the crab market--yum.) This made the wonderful breezes of Kep a perfect escape after a month in Phnom Penh. When you walk down to the crab market for dinner take a flashlight for the walk back. Simple elegance and worth full price.

Room Tip: I had a perfect room up from the pool. I guess I'd try to avoid the lowest level close to the ro...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank AllMimsy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Seville, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

We paid $40 for a spacious bungalow which had breakfast included. We felt this was really good value. The pool is lovely. The restaurant has really good food, though it takes a while and the staff was friendly. We loved the fact that it is a minute away from the Kep National Park entrance where we mountain biked and hiked.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Susan V
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

My family came to visit and we planned 2 days at this resort. Extremely disappointing, we booked the only 2 rooms left and paid $60 per night each room. Definitely not value...rooms very old without tv and gaps in the windows (no screens). Both nights we were left without water, on the last night it rained, the toilet did not work and the room leaked. Clothing left on departure was not forwarded to Phnom Penh, even though we agreed to pay costs.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
VannaHillResort, Propriétaire at Vanna Hill Resort, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Dear customer, the team of Vanna Hill Resort thank you for your opinion.
However, we regret that your stay is not running as you want.
We work HARD to satisfy our customers and hope that in a next trip with us you can be completely satisfied with your experience.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

We had a great 3 night stay at this lovely quiet hotel. My deluxe room was spacious clean and had a lovely verandah with stunning views across the forest and sea. The pool is lovely, the food great (if slightly on the pricey side) the cocktails great. Only tiny grizzle is... as friendly and smiley as the staff were, they were a little slow on the uptake. We often had to approach them when we sat in the restaurant. Otherwise this gets a perfect score from me.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Jevans82
Dear Customer, teams Vanna Hill Resort, thank you for your comment and hope to see you soon in our establishment.
Madrid, Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

I stayed there for three nights and I really enjoyed every moment I spent there. I met very friendly people, in a very calm and beautiful place. The service was excellent. The food was great and I enjoyed the brunch. The swimming pool is very nice and has spectacular views on the sea and the sunset. The garden is full of beautiful plants and flowers.The resort is close to the market. The rooms are clean and comfortable. I highly recommend this resort.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Sophie B
Mackay
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

I booked here originally for 3 nights but after my first night I decided to stay for 5 nights.
All the staff here are very friendly and try to do their best to help you out. The rooms are basic but every room has an amazing view- my room had a very comfortable bed and very hot water. I had two chairs on my balcony and when I asked if there was a hammock available they had someone hang it up for me 1/2 hour later.
The breakfast is an outstanding buffet with a chef on hand to cook you bacon & eggs if that's what you want!
Great pool but even better location. 5 minute walk to the crab market, 10 minutes to another beach, and 5 minutes to the national park.

I'd recommend staying here for a nice quite getaway!

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank cassiec117
Dear customer, the team of Vanna Hill Resort joins to thank you for your opinion.
We will do our best so that at a future stay with us you leave us full marks.
Luang Prabang, Laos
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

Good value, decent food and room for the price Wonderful setting on the edge of Kep National Park. Due to a miscommunication with the desk clerk, however, I was forced to leave earlier than I wished because of an earlier group reservation. They found another guesthouse for me, but it was substandard, forcing me to find another place on my own.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
We will do our best so that at a future stay with us you leave us full marks.