“Most beautiful hotel I've ever had pleasure of staying in”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Knai Bang Chatt

Knai Bang Chatt
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Kep
Cumbria
“Most beautiful hotel I've ever had pleasure of staying in”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

This is truly a wonderful hotel, very, very relaxing, peaceful and beautiful. We stayed for 4 nights at the beginning of May 2014, at the end of a 2 week tour of Cambodia. The staff are all very kind and helpful; I have never known such un-obtrusive housekeeping staff. Rooms are serviced morning and night, but you never see anyone doing it. We ate in the Strand on our first night there - wow, the food was Michelin star standard! And we were given a private table facing the sea, lit by candles (actually could have done with a few more, it was a bit difficult to see what we were eating!).

I had a back, neck and shoulder massage in the Spa whilst there - probably the best I have ever had, and the therapist was extremely professional and kind, despite not speaking a word of English.

Our room was amazing (Room 6) - probably best on the property, so beautiful.

Only slight criticisms - this was the only hotel in our 2 plus weeks in Thailand and Cambodia that did not provide Tea and Coffee making facilities in the rooms. Nor was room service available before 7am, so for early risers like myself, who do not function until after the first cup of tea - be warned or prepared. I was also more than slightly irked by the behaviour of 2 other guests in 'bagging' one of the 2 day beds on the lawn, three days in succession, (as early as 7.30am) and then disappearing off the property for hours (including going sailing). Very difficult to deal with I know, but I think the management should perhaps be aware that this is happening and have a quiet word that this is not acceptable to the majority of guests there.

Room Tip: Room 6 without a doubt
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Maddy57

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Indonesian first
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

My partner and I decided to go for a trip to Cambodia , while visiting this exotic destination , we also wanted some seaside relax time and we were recommended to go to Kep and stayed at Knai Bang Chatt which is the nicest of the hotels there .
We were truly impressed by the beauty and exquisite style of this small boutique hotel. I will start mentioning a few things :
the outdoor areas are so pretty , the pool right in front of the beach , nice tropical garden , and the outdoor restaurant is gorgeous, they have this huge long massive table all of one piece of a tree trunk , fantastic . the food is prepared right there fresh and was excellent . You eat right by the edge of the sea , it was just bliss .
The beach , mind you , is not that great , but the setting is so exotic and romantic ..
We also had a 4 hand massage at the Spa , they are so dexterous .
Oh and the room , oh my , a 4 poster bed colonial style with the netting for the mosquitoes, so beautiful. the huge rain shower in the bathroom, wonderful and the
shampoo, soaps and lotions are all local with wonderful tropical fragrances , what a treat ; and plenty of it. The staff was perfect , so this hotel deserves all the full marks possible !

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Susan G
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stayed at Knai Bang Chatt for one night in May based on reviews and friend's recommendations.

The hotel is based jsut outside of Kep on a quiet stretch of coast. There is not a beach but the gardens and pool are lovely.

The hotel was about 80% full but still felt very secluded and quiet. Lots of great places to lounge and sit in the sun.

The room is beautiful and cool. Great furniture. very clean.

We had lunch at the Strand restuarant - delicious. We had dinner at the Sailing Club - again very nice.

Really enjoyed beers and cocktails whilst watching the sunset.

Criticisms: Service is slightly lacklustre. Very well meaning staff but could be a bit more pro-active. FOr example, we were drinking beers watching the sun set but had to walk to the bar each time to order. Surely, they could come to you and ask if you'd like another? Also, we were told that happy hour started at 5pm - so we odered some drinks at around 530pm and then signed for the bill. The prices were not "happy hour" so we asked why and were told that happy hour was at the bar next door! Slightly bizarre as we didn't even ask about when happy hour was - we were told it!

Overall a very nice, relaxing hotel. Quite expensive.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LUKKANE
Siem Reap, Cambodia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

Woken up in the morning and looking at the vast open sea and listening to the sound of the waves & winds and you could feel that, this is going be a good day! Thus, this hotel is on my top list hotel that define LUXURY! This hotel has a great sense of style, décor with a beautiful garden which make me so relax and I felt almost like I am at home.

Breakfast is my favorite part! I started with the fresh seasonal fruit juice ( Pineapple & Watermelon ) and some hot tea and their pastries with their homemade jams. As I am Asian, I still love to have hot dishes in the morning and noodle soup with sea foods, really made my day! During my swim at the pool and I ordered a glass of cocktail and it came together with extra some yummy kind of snack-which I found it smart and genuine, so I ordered the second drink .

Their staffs are brilliant- friendly and always keen to assist you. I also had a great lunch at the Sailing Club and one time dinner at the STRAND-which is also excellent!

I will definitely come back and stay at Knai Bang Chatt again!

Highly recommended!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

Really enjoyed the stay at Knai Bang Chatt however I feel it just needs to improve in a few areas;

1. mattresses are too thin and need to be thicker with the solid wooden base
2. food at breakfast needs to be covered from flies
3. the pool area while relaxing, lacks atmosphere so id suggest background music
4. the beach area needs to be cleaned more frequently from rubbish

Everyone at the hotel was super friendly and made the stay very enjoyable. I think the hotel just needs a few minor improvements to make it so much better.

Room Tip: Choose a sea facing room, and preferably on the 1st floor
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

This is one of my favorite Spots on earth. The location is right on the beach. They have a very long dock/pier were you can take your drinks out or swim the water shallow warm with a sandy bottom. Reastaurant and bar are great have pool table, outside have volley ball and ping pong. I only rated the service low because they were full and took long time to get a drink or food. Get there at 4 pm swim relax and then watch the sunset. A must if you are in Cambodia.

• Stayed April 2014
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

Just stayed here for 2 nights. Everything was great, really clean room, lovely balcony, uber efficient staff and a really friendly Manager/Owner.

Good food and nice bar area as well. Well located with only a 5 minute stroll to the crab market and the sailing club.

Only thing that it possibly needs is some shading over the pool as the water could be somewhat tepid by the end of day. However, you can't really blame the hotel for this, it is Cambodia hot season after all!! Also some trees have been planted around the pool which should sort this out in future years.

Overall would highly recommend.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple