Naga House, Kampot
Rikitikitavi(Kampot)
The Columns(Kampot)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsyoung at heartthe riverawesome locationchilled vibea great stayrent bikesgreat musicperfect place to relaxnice bungalowsdelicious foodphnom penhtuk tuknational parkrecommend this placedormmotorbikehostel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Had a great time at Naga House.
This place is so chilled out, I always felt like not leaving
Music was always good......and it was fun jumping off he pier on really hot days
Always seemed to be a nice crew of people there......easy going.....easy to meet
I always recommend anyone going to Kampot, to spend some time at Naga House

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Anthony S
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We stayed in Naga House for 3 nights and we had a good time. We did sleep in one of the few bungalows that were on the ground and that had closed walls. The bungalows are basic but comfortable enough. The three bungalows with walls only going up half way looking slightly less comfortable. The deck at the Kampot river was really nice and a good place to relax and have some drinks. The staff is very friendly and helpfull. Also, they make good shakes and cocktails. Every saturday, they throw a party with a pretty good DJ. Not great if you want to get any sleep, but very nice if you care to join in.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TomenEelke
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights at Naga House Kampot and were not happy. We were taken to a treehouse bungalow for the first night with half the walls missing and no lock on the door. The bed and pillows were damp. There were also plenty of mosquitos and bugs. Loud music was played until 6am so we couldn´t sleep, and we needed to catch a taxi at 7am to Phnom Penh. People kept coming up and shouting in our room not realizing they were in the wrong treehouse. It was absolutely dirty with alcohol bottles everywhere. The shared toilets were just filthy and grubby. The staff were so intoxicated that we had to shout outside their room for half an hour while our taxi was waiting to check out and pay. He told us he was too sleepy and drunk that we should come back later. It was the most awful place and experience I have ever had.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank N R
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

If you are squimish, you will probably not like it, but if you can deal with the basic huts with walls only going up halfway you will love it!

It's so sooo relaxing right at the riverfront and the vibe here is the best.

Most of the staff here are so helpful and nice. The people working at the bar at night is a little different - not really that friendly and a little rude.

Don't expect neither cheap or great food though. And the selection on the menu is really really poor.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed May 29, 2013

The two questions you often hear at Naga House,
"how long have you been here" and "how long were you supposed to stay"? Judging by the reviews there are two kinds of answers. I fall into the stayed-longer-than-planned category.

When I arrived to Naga House I knew that this was exactly the kind of place I'd been looking for the last month. Beautiful scenery, relaxed atmosphere, no worries. Within 10min I was l lying in a hammock.

I'm not a party hardy person. Good music and relaxing is my cup of tea. In Phnom Penh I'd just spent three nights at a guesthouse which at night time turned into THE place to have the rite of passage of binge drinking. I was afraid that Naga would be same. "Depending on the customers" said the owner. I got lucky. Wasn't much loud parties going on during my ten day stay.

The basic structure of the area works really well. The bungalows are surrounded by plants and trees so the jungle feeling is there. Public spaces are roomy and cozy. (I visited one other guesthouse down the river and I felt almost claustrophobic). At night the area is even more beautiful when "the christmas lights" lit up.
The staff was very friendly and relaxed, but highly professional at the same time. (Some of them should work on their card playing skills).
For me the sleeping quarters did the job. Of course it wasn't the Hilton quality, what ever that is, but still. And the river, which is not a pool, was excellent.
For the sake of not writing a puff piece, there are some critiques. When talking about food, the prize and quality didn't quite meet. Almost, but not quite.

Anyone reading these reviews can easily see that Naga House isn't for everyone. Is it for you? Don't believe me or anyone else. Do yourself a favor. Go and see for yourself!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo