“good basic rooms $15 AC, cable- but very bad wi-fi be warned!!!!”
Review of NYNY Guesthouse

NYNY Guesthouse
Ranked #21 of 90 Kampot B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I would give it 4 stars if wi fi work as email hotel before to make sure they had wifi but is very slow or doesn´t work at all.

good size twin beds

if wi-fi not needed great cheap option

some times can be noisy as dogs bark and roster crow!

Room Tip: 3 levels and no elevator so if you have bags get lower floor all rooms pretty much the same.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Our room in NY NY was new, clean and had good sized king single beds. It had everything you needed for a comfortable stay. The staff were helpful and it is in a good location, close to many restaurants and a short walk to the bus station.

Only complaint was the bloke who was putting up a new canopy and started using his angle grinder with a vengeance at 06:30 both mornings!

It a good place to stay without being anything special, maybe a bit too anonymous.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bkotago
Reviewed August 14, 2012

This is a new place 5 minutes from the river and restaurants/bars. I wasn't expecting much but was pleasantly surprised, I stayed 3 nights and found the staff pleasant and friendly. Rooms small but very clean with cable TV, a very powerful modern Panasonic Air Con unit and nice warm shower. Great cheap place to explore Kampot from.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank AaronB101
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at the hotel (it was clean and comfortable) until the last moment when I checked out. When I checked in, I was told an aircon room for one person cost 13USD. A Cambodian couple were also looking at rooms when I arrived and they asked to switch the room they were shown with mine, because they wanted a double bed. I happily complied as I was by myself anyway.

When I checked out this morning, I was asked for two more dollars for having taken a room with two beds. I told the female owner that she quoted me a price of 13USD yesterday. She said it was for the other double-bed room. And then she insisted (1) that she told me the room I took was more expensive; and (2) the price was printed in her books. I swear (1) never occurred. And (2), well, she could have printed 1 million dollars. I politely told her that she did not tell me the other room was more expensive and it was upon her request that I agreed to switch rooms with the couple. She then showed an extremely unpleasant face, started to grumble, and eventually raised her voice.

I don't understand why I had to throw 13 dollars on the table and walk out angrily as she cursed me. This new guesthouse has good hardware even though it is a five-minute walk from the major tourist spots, but this staff member really needs to learn how to treat her guests politely.

It's not a matter of two dollars. You should honor your agreement with your guest. If it is your mistake, then admit it and learn from it. Otherwise, more and more bad reviews will come. And soon you'll be out of business.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank pclslyj
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I had one room that was on the corner with two windows, and was very hot even with the aircon on. I moved to a different room the next day and it was a bit better. The only thing was the security guard using the speaker phone in front of the property was audible from my room.

Room Tip: Avoid corners with two windows.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank lifemagic
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We should have stayed longer, we wanted to stay longer and for what you pay we could have stayed longer.
Next time we'll stay longer.

Good clean, peaceful accommodation in the hart of Kampot.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank inaspin
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I have stayed at NYNY on 3 occasions now and I find it a very friendly and clean guesthouse. The building is new and up to date with wifi, hotwater aircon and tv in rooms
I will use it again when I return to Kampot, prices are good and it is set in quite area with various other guesthouses and close to a western style supermarket and banks,
10 minute walk to Captain Chims Eating place and other Bars, restaurants. Some of the Front House staff need training in booking in and desk management ,,, but I would not complain-- I will stay there again next month and am happy for that . There are worse Guest houses in Kampot . I was booked into one,(I think call Lazy ??Crab/frog??? it was so bad i forgot the name, near bus station and down a very bad stretch of road, mud and pot holes, also cost more than NYNY

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo