GreenHouse Kampot
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Kampot
See available hotels
The Columns(Kampot)
  • Breakfast included
Rikitikitavi(Kampot)
View Hotel
All reviewsgreen housethe rivertuk tukphnom penhkampot pepperriverfront bungalownice bungalowskayaks and paddle boardsdeluxe bungalowthe main househot watergreat musicrelaxing placedelicious foodcomfy bedmosquito netrelaxing stay
Reviewed May 25, 2014

I have now visited Green House many times for meals and a swim in the river. We have also had an overnight stay. Easily reached by motorbike from Kampot, or get a tuk tuk. It is a very relaxing place, has excellent food - I recommend the pesto chicken salad or fillet of beef with pepper sauce. Fantastic. It has beers, wines, fruit drinks, cocktails, coffees. Your every need catered for. You may need to pick your white wine and ask to have it chilled while you swim, ready for drinking later. The balcony sits high above the river with great views. A clean sandy beach by the river has cane chairs and wifi is accessible from here. I skyped some family members and could show them the beautiful surroundings. The river is clean and safe for swimming, even to the far side. Kayaks and paddle boards available for cheap rental. Huts are very comfortable, great beds and pillows, western toilets and showers. Very quiet. Very helpful and friendly staff. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a riverside hut.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LynQPerth
Reviewed May 22, 2014

Staying at GreenHouse was a such a nice break from the hectic cities in southeast Asia. GreenHouse was tranquil, laid back, excellent value and had delicious food of both Khmer and Western varieties. GreenHouse even better than we expected, the river was a treat to swim in and the sunsets were just incredible over the river. Despite being a bit out of town, tuk-tuks weren't expensive and the staff at GreenHouse set us up with an english-speaker driver who gave us a great day tour where we saw pepper plantations, ate delicious seafood and saw salt flats, highly recommended.

Room Tip: Chose the riverfront villas for a beautiful view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Liam D
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Stayed at green house as a break from kampot. Lovely location beside river with excellent swimming. Was more flash packer than back packer (thank goodness). Stayed in deluxe thatched roof bungalow with river view for $19. Very clean with double bed, mosquito net, fabulous bathroom made of quality materials with actual shower cubicle rather than typical Asian wet bathroom. Kayaks and paddle boards available. French gentlemen who run resort are delightful. Food and drinks available - fish amok best in Cambodia, other meals okay - include western and Khmer. Didn't try fish and crab specials as had to order day in advance but heard excellent. Great aspect and biggest geckos I've seen. Resort is still being developed and will be delightful garden in a few years. Been to green house a few times on day trip from kampot to go swimming and lunch. Only negative is it's hard to find as sign is very small - turn off is in village along main road. We missed sign a few times and had to ask locals (which wasn't much use anyway). Well worth persisting as a real treasure.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bea D
Reviewed May 11, 2014

We had a splendid time at this part of Kampot! I stayed at Room # 7 with a friend and a couple (who stayed at Room # 9) for a night. We arrived at 11:30 pm due to intense traffic in Phnom Penh but Marc the owner was nice and patient enough to wait and accommodate us during the wee hours of the night. When we arrived, he led us to our bungalows, which are both clean and comfortable to stay at. Our friend was warmly greeted by a gecko in their hut and it was also a pleasant surprise that the simple hut had modern and classy looking, door less bathroom (toilet, sink, shower area with hot water). We also liked the "hanging chair" outside our rooms. :)

GH has a great view of the river. The water was nice and cool, and you can use the paddle board and kayak too. We had Greenhouse Breakfast for well, breakfast since they ran out of croissant during that time. Also ordered pumpkin soup, a must order. :)

It would be great if they added more Asian food in their menu though. Over all, we loved our experience :) Will come back during the next holidays.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Don't know where to start! :) I didn't do a lot of research in advance of where to stay in Kampot. I just came across the website of the Greenhouse and it looked fantastic. So I made a reservation for me and my friend for 3 nights. I was sold from the first second :) the atmosphere, the location, the food, the friendly staff, ... 3 nights became 5, 5 became 8, 8 became 11,... in the end I've stayed @ the Greenhouse for 20 DAYS and stayed in 4 different bungalows!!! That's how great this place is :) I couldn't stay longer because I had a plane to catch, otherwise I don't know what would have happened :p maybe I would still be there! Marco & Steven are doing a great job overthere and I hope to return soon. I miss the amazing swim sessions in the river, taking the kayak or paddleboard out for sunset, sipping on one of their tasty cocktails, their delicious food menu and specials, interesting talks with other guests at the bar or on the terrace, having a laugh with the staff, just chilling in the hammock, ... I'm gonna stop because otherwise I will take a flight back to Cambodia straight away! Just go the Greenhouse and be amazed...!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends