“Great bar. Lovely couple.”
Review of Wunderbar - CLOSED

Wunderbar
Cuisines: Cambodian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Khmer and Western food, great location right on the riverfront. Nice restaurant with outdoor seating, as well as indoor pool table. Board games and cards available for anyone to use. BBQ out the back.
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

I had lunch yesterday after a long trip from Phnom Penh and enjoyed a spicy chicken Kampot burger. Beer 75c and the hostess is a charming local woman and her (German) partner. Will be going again.

There are newer reviews for Wunderbar

Reviewed February 26, 2013

It wasn't a mind blowing experience, but I certainly enjoyed my time in Wunderbar, and my meal was great. I had the chicken schnitzel which was cheaper than I'm used to seeing and was a much bigger portion than anywhere else I've seen. Our lass got the bruschetta which was okay but made a little lazily I think.
Not a place I'd stay all night, with plenty of places to drink to your left and right I wouldn't stick around long, but if you're walking by and fancy a drink or a bite to eat, it's worth a go.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

We enjoyed good food and cocktails here whilst looking out at the lovely river view. Staff here were very good.

Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

A nice restaurant with comfortable chairs, good food and the staff was very friendly and can recommend really nice food!

Reviewed January 13, 2013

My boyfriend and I, traveling through Kampot on a two week holiday in Cambodia were curious to have some German sausages from Wunderbar after reading on tripadvisor that it served some tasty international fare, especially of the German variety. However what we had was quite disappointing, to say the least. I ordered one of the German sausage special plates where you select your type of sausage and three sides from three separate categories. My boyfriend ordered the big sausage sandwich. I cannot remember the name of my sausage because its taste was that unmemorable. The sides I selected--the french fries and steamed veggies tasted and appeared to be previously frozen, either reheated or literally from the frozen food section of a supermarket. Regardless, they were quite bland and it isn't easy to mess up steamed veggies (or fries). The only part of the meal that was somewhat redeeming was the tomato garlic sauce but I don't know if I was just making the most of a bad meal, and in hindsight trying to find something redeeming about it. But the centerpiece of the meal, the sausages, were really disappointing. They tasted rubbery and also tasted reheated...My boyfriend's sausage sandwich from my perspective looked far better, but he assured me that it wasn't. It was just a generic french role with the same sausages I had with a meager piece of cheese on it and maybe a few other fixings. He had the same nondescript appeared to be reheated no taste french fries. The most shocking aspect of our experience is that each of these dishes cost 5 dollars each! This is a lot of money for a meal in Cambodia, and really on the higher cost end. We were shocked at the quality of the food which came with a ridiculously high price. We found it to be quite audacious and embarrassing. Perhaps this place is better known for its beer, as we hear it has a nice selection of international offerings. If that is the case, ok, fine, but I would not recommend this place to anyone staying in Kampot if they are looking for a nice meal. There are plenty of really reasonably priced places to eat in Kampot, and this place seems to be coasting on its reputation of serving good beer to serve mediocre food.

1  Thank W B