“Nice rooms, terrible breakfast”

and 1 more site!
Kampot Diamond Hotel
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Kampot
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in the beginning of September. There are some really good things:
The room is spacious, all clean and has a nice bathroom. I think all rooms have a balcony with a great view. There is a small refridgerator but no safe in the room.
Breakfast was supposed to be included - but only three Khmer dishes. I love Khmer food, but for breakfast I don't want pork noodles. I asked for a cup of tea and some bread but then I had to pay for that. Or maybe they did not understand me: the staff is very kind but speak hardly any English.
I was here for a conference, and the meeting room was on the top floor with a great view. They had everything you need: projector, flipboard etcetera.
Would I recommend this hotel? Well, for business it was OK. If I come back here with my family I would prefer a more cosy place by the river. And if I was a backpacker I'd prefer one of the really cheap but decent guesthouses.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was good and close to the markets. The staff have very little English which is only a problem if you need something. The best thing at this hotel is the shower but you just have to wait a while till it gets hot. The worst thing is the breakfast but this is easily made up for by going to the cafe around the corner from the hotel which is simple but great.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Kampot is an exotic little city between Phnom Penh and the coast, with its own magic. I ended up at this hotel because friends were staying there, and I was glad I did. The room was extremely clean, the air conditioning and WiFi were highly efficient, and the restaurant downstairs was fine. The mattress was on the hard side, but the linens were fine and the room was quiet. The staff didn't speak a lot of English, but were friendly and helped me with a map when I needed it.

Staying on the fifth floor, I had a balcony and a gorgeous view of the town and the extraordinary mountains. The price was under $30.

Room Tip: High floor, facing the mountains for the view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Mordern hotel, big room, nice personal, good breakfast, quiet environment. Close to the river. Not far from the center.
Sightseeing/attracties tip: Take the effort to go to the waterfall (espacially in the weekend).

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for three nights while on a birding trip. It's a fine place, but certainly not top notch.

The room was okay and had air conditioning. Very important. Also the WI-FI in the room was excellent.

Downers? No laundry service, no refrigerator in the room and limited dining service.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stayed for three nights during a birdwatching tour, so I wasn't there very much. Comfortable bedroom with modern facilities. I was luckier than others in my group who complained about noise outside (I was on the 6th floor so heard nothing). I did notice that a very obvious spider's web (complete with fairly large spider) remained in place above my loo all three days! Internet access qwas good and the two computers in the lobby offered good access. The food was OK.

Room Tip: Go for a floor on the upper levels eg 6th floor.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 19, 2013

On our cruise we were not able to visit Phenom Phen because ot the Emporer's funeral so we were taken to Kampot instead. The Diamond hotel was our lunch venue. It was traditional chinese with dishes on a central revolving table. They were not particularly appetising and as often happens soon became luke warm. Building was quite modern and well kept so on overnight stay would probably be Ok but not a good dining experience

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends