“Definitely stay here!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kampot
Olly's Place Kampot
Ranked #27 of 92 Kampot B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 17, 2013

This place (along with the Epic Arts Cafe) was the best thing about Kampot. PK runs the joint in the morning and the owners in the evening, I didn't spend much time here in the evening but in the morning PK was brilliant- so helpful, funny and entertaining.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Katie H

Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at Olly's for three nights and would have stayed longer if they werent fully booked.
Highlights: great and cosy location, right at the River, lovely sunsets and quiet, relaxing atmosphere. The three French owners are so friendly and helpful. I really felt like at home.
The food is really good and the prices are decent. Bungalow cost 5 USD with shared bathroom. Definitely good value for money. To get into town you'll need to walk for 20mins which is fine. We took a scooter and were in town in no time, the owner organized it for us. We also went to Bokor Hill with the scooter. Olly's is a good location to reach this tourist spot.
All in all, I really liked to stay in Olly's and would definitely go back.

Lowlights: the shared bathroom could really get some more frequent cleaning. I know you cant expect much for 5 USD per night but I still think the shared bathroom should be somewhat clean. Another Lowlight: We actually wanted to stay one or two nights longer but all of a sudden, a Khmer staff told us to leave since they had a booking. So we left. I personally never experienced that and found it quite awkward since no one told us when we checked in that we might have to leave after three nights because of too many bookings...

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank joanne_782
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

If you dont mind bed bugs go to ollys. If a shrug of shoulders and "ouch" is all you expect from the staff as a reaction go to ollys.
Bungalows are possibly better and pancakes were great. Shakes had manky spoons and hair in it twice. Shared bathrooms are primitive as usual. But for that price you cant expect anymore I guess. Terrace is nice.
Bed bugs are unacceptable for me though. Hope they are not in our clothes!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Stayed here for 8 nights and had an awesome chill-out time. The atmosphere is cozy and one of the owners used to be a dj, which you notice when you listen to the extraordinary chilling vibes at the evening.
The place has 4 bungalows and some more rooms which are available for 5$ each. The place is rustique, they providemsquito-nets, only double-beds and a line to dry your swimming suit after a swimm in the river in front of the hang-out-area.
They got a cooker who cooks you a small variety of delishious Khmer and Western food. The kitchen opens at 7am and the prices are reasonable, perhaps sliiiiightly overpriced for the drinks.
Good thing they good experienced staff, who can organize bustours to everywhere in cambodia, they call you tuck-tucks and provide motorbikes as well as free bycicles. Tjere are paddleboards for free use and a touroperator 10 meters away from the place. they do laundry as well, but rely on sun to dry - like most of the places around.
downside:
at the weekend there is party at the places nearby, which are loud enough to disturb, if you don't bring earplugs. but mosto the time you join the party anyway.
the other thing is, there is a good spa right next door, but it's womens only - mehhh.
it's a bit outside town, so if you wanna go out you need a tuck-tuck or something else with weels for your fellowship - otherwise you walk for 15 mins.
overall:
nice place to be, friendly staff, place out in the nature, comfortable and very good value for your money.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Ben R
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We spent three nights in Olly's Place. Rustic's the word, but with basic amenities such as plumbing, electricity and wifi there's nothing one cannot do at this sea-edge of a town in Cambodia. Sitting on the dock by the river reading, working and sunbathing makes for a perfect hideaway.

The food's extremely decent but comes at a price nearing a night's stay (per meal), which matches what you can get at town. The French owner Gilles is friendly and speaks enough English, but is much happier if you can converse in French. We met great people on this trip to Kampot and will certainly return.

For USD5 a night don't expect too much by way of creature comforts; if you're looking for that check into a hotel in Kampot town.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank skaistadomus
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I'll preface this review by saying that I only stayed two nights and it rained most of the time I was there. The Lonely Planet says the place is run by an Australian but it has actually been taken over by some French people who were really friendly once I got talking to them. The food is good too and so I don't like to give this place an average rating but what really annoyed me was that on Friday night the place next door was having some kind of rave that went on until around FOUR in the morning. The music was so loud that I swear my bamboo hut was shaking at times and it was totally impossible to sleep. The next morning, a Cambodian member of staff simply brushed my complaints about this off, saying it only happens once a week, but if you are only staying two nights, one of which is a Friday, it's not really good enough. I know it's not their fault, but it was very annoying. As other people have noted on here, the dog is maybe not a suitable breed for this climate, but the owners obviously care for it a lot and told me they are unable to send it back to France. It seemed happy enough when I was there though it was the rainy season.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 14, 2013

My boyfriend and i spent 3 nights at Ollys and would have rated the place better overall if it weren't for the Extremely loud music next door which on weekends played until 4am. The fitted sheet on the bed was crap and kept coming off at the drop of a hat and the blanket was some scabby material thing. Combined it made for a bad nights sleep. Lastly, the bin in our bungalow hadn't been emptied since before we arrived. The bin was attracting many ants so i placed it on the front deck for the duration of our stay from the moment we arrived and there it sat untouched. Ollys is average and worth no more than $5 per night. The place needs some love and attention. Come on guys... There aren't that many rooms to tend. Less time chilling on that deck and partying next door.
Ps- The dog definitely needs to be clipped or hosed off when hot as definitely not a suitable breed for the climate. It was panting loudly and we dot like seeing animals suffering if it can be so easily helped.

• Stayed: July 2013